Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: I would commit, but I fear one thing....  (Read 10213 times)

atr

• FSP Participant
Re:I would commit, but I fear one thing....
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2004, 11:55:55 am »

I get the following:

Error:
The following field(s) must be unique to each user, and have already been taken: Email

Amanda? You out there?  :-\

Follow the instructions I posted before, and you can see who registered with your e-mail address, and enter your information:

1. go to https://freestateproject.org/members/register.jsp
2. enter your e-mail address
3. you will be e-mailed a username and temporary password
4. go login at https://freestateproject.org/members/index.jsp
5. check out the information there

Stumpy

• FSP Participant
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2004, 11:58:36 am »

This means that either you have already successfully signed up and are a member or someone else signed up using your email address.

I suggest you send an email to data@freestateproject.org, include your name, city and state, and ask Justin if you are a member.

If you are not already a member, we’ll have to figure out what’s happening.
Libertarianitis - A disease where one is incapable of doing anything other than debate. The sufferer is rendered totally incapable of being constructive and constantly marginalizes him or herself by displays of extreme negativity, bitterness and intransigence.

TexasRHCE

• FSP Participant
  • Free State Brewing Co.? Why NOT!
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2004, 12:26:57 pm »

I'm not a member. I know this for a fact. I used my email address, popeye at zamites dot net to register for these forums.
When I entered my email address at the URL atr posted, I received this reply:

Error:

Could not locate a pre-registered member with email provided. If you believe this to be in error, please contact data@freestateproject.org

Do the FSP registration info and the Forums info use the same database? Maybe the FSP sysadmin should just nuke ALL my information, remove me from the Forum DB and just drop me an email to register as an FSP member first?

*sigh*

Rob

atr

• FSP Participant
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2004, 12:38:20 pm »

Do the FSP registration info and the Forums info use the same database?

This is strange. I would not expect it to cross-check, but what else could explain these two things happening:

1. When you tried to sign-up, it said your e-mail is already in the database
2. When you tried to setup an account for having signed up previously, it said you weren't in the database

Yes, you should send an e-mail to data@freestateproject.org. Sorry this isn't working.

TexasRHCE

• FSP Participant
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2004, 12:43:28 pm »

Sent.

Rob

Justin

• FSP Participant
  • So... these are going to be my neighbors?!
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2004, 01:05:26 pm »

I get the following:

Error:
The following field(s) must be unique to each user, and have already been taken: Email

Amanda? You out there?  :-\

You got this error because you tried to join twice.  Your first attempt was successful, so the second was rejected based on the duplicate email address.

When you first joined on Feb 24th, an email was sent to you.  Follow the instructions contained therein.

-Justin
« Last Edit: February 25, 2004, 01:11:54 pm by Justin »
Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest. - Diderot

TexasRHCE

• FSP Participant
Sorry.
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2004, 05:02:26 pm »

But after repeated emails between myself and Justin, this is still not working. I refuse to further bother anyone about this. Good luck to the project. I'm bowing out for now.

Rob
« Last Edit: February 25, 2004, 05:02:40 pm by TexasRHCE »

<Patrick>

• FSP Participant
  • Radical Capitalist
    • Ayn Rand Institute
Re:Sorry.
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2004, 05:06:08 pm »

Seriously, you should try using an alternate email address.

"I came here to say that I do not recognize anyone’s right to one minute of my life.  Nor to any part of my energy.  Nor to any achievement of mine… I wished to come here and say that I am a man who does not exist for others."
-Ayn Rand
http://www.aynrand.org
http://capitalism.org

Justin

• FSP Participant
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2004, 07:08:36 pm »

TexasRHCE joined the FSP via the join page yesterday during our DNS debacle.  He said he did not get the post-signup email (which includes his temporary password).  I told him he can get a new password by following the "Forgor your password?" link.  If he chooses to follow the instructions he was given all will be well.

At a minimum, I guess yesterday's server mess weeded out those who will put forth no more effort than is minimally required to fill out a web form.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2004, 07:09:17 pm by Justin »
Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest. - Diderot

Justin

• FSP Participant
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2004, 07:10:29 pm »

Seriously, no he shouldn't.  Please refrain from handing out ill-advised "work-arounds."
« Last Edit: February 25, 2004, 07:13:09 pm by Justin »

<Patrick>

• FSP Participant
  • Radical Capitalist
    • Ayn Rand Institute
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2004, 07:15:06 pm »

Seriously, no he shouldn't.

Seriously, why not?

And seriously, why be rude and mock my post?
"I came here to say that I do not recognize anyone’s right to one minute of my life.  Nor to any part of my energy.  Nor to any achievement of mine… I wished to come here and say that I am a man who does not exist for others."
-Ayn Rand

<Patrick>

• FSP Participant
  • Radical Capitalist
    • Ayn Rand Institute
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2004, 07:16:10 pm »

Seriously, no he shouldn't.  Please refrain from handing out ill-advised "work-arounds."

What makes it "ill-advised?"

And I'll say what I damn well please. If you know a better way, why not use persuasion to explain why rather than just telling me not to offer suggestions?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2004, 07:23:21 pm by Patrick Norton »
-Ayn Rand

vermass

• FSP Participant
  • FSP Member Desert Storm veteran
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2004, 11:41:29 am »

Hey Rob, Robert here (ha,ha), anyway, I think you should move now. As someone who has never lived in the same place for long, I've moved A lot. I've never worked in the same place longer than a couple of years.
    Thing is, it's not much harder to move 200 miles than 2 miles. Once you're packed your packed, packings the part that sucks. As a matter of fact my fiancee wanted to move out of this apartment this July, I told her if we're packed we're going to NH. After further consideration (we're getting married this July)  we decided to move in July 05". If it was just me I'd already be in NH. We want to buy a house. This summer we're going to spend a great deal of time checking out areas to live in NH. You say you're unemployed, look for a new job in NH. I moved to SC without a job or a place to live and only had $1800 to my name (I literally just loaded up and drove down there, don't do that!). I had a new job in a day and was moving into a house I rented the next day. Disclaimer: I'm a nurse with excellent references and nurses are needed everywhere, it's easy for me to find a job and I KNOW it. You didn't mention children so I assume it's just you. You can rent a room or something for a while while you get yourself situated. I'm just sugesting you seriously consider this I also think that your divorce will be easier on you emotionally if you move. You can start out fresh in a new place!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2004, 11:42:15 am by vermass »
"Give me liberty or give me death!"

Justin

• FSP Participant
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2004, 12:13:26 pm »

Tex ran into difficulties with the join process (partially due to the server debacle), and decided not to join because of it.  *shrug*

vermass

• FSP Participant
  • FSP Member Desert Storm veteran
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2004, 01:56:18 pm »

Then he wouldn't have been much of an asset!
"Give me liberty or give me death!"
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up