Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: WHY NEW HAMPSHIRE IS THE FREE STATE  (Read 6560 times)

Dave Mincin

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
WHY NEW HAMPSHIRE IS THE FREE STATE
« on: February 20, 2004, 11:29:57 am »

hey just a little something that Tim Condon posted on a couple of the Yahoo groups.  He said it was ok for me to put it on the forum.

As reported in The Wall Street Journal today, here's a map showing
that in 2003 almost every state in the U.S.A. raised taxes. Only six did not.
http://online.wsj.com/article/0,,SB107724124060934820,00.html?mod=politics%5Fpri\
mary%5Fhs#TAXMAP

Of the majority of states that raised taxes, every one of the 10
FSP candidate states was included---except for one. Of those states that
raised taxes a lot (2.6% or more), FSP candidate states Montana, Idaho,
Maine, and Vermont were included. In New England *every* state except one
were included in the "raised taxes a lot" list.
Which states went against the statist tide and didn't raise taxes
at all? One was Hawaii (if anyone can figure that one out, call me), and
four were in the anti-tax Deep South: Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, and
Louisiana. That leaves only one: The Free State, New Hampshire. God must be
smiling upon the Free State Project Porcupines for picking "the right
state." And God bless New Hampshire, it's anti-tax and small government
citizens, and the wonderful Governor Craig Benson, who vetoed a
big-spending budget sent to him by the state legislature and threatened to
shut the state government down rather than allow increased spending and
taxes. Asked what he would do if the state legislature sent the same
budget, or even a bigger one, back to him, Benson said simply: "They'd
better not." He was right. They didn't.

Please join us!
http://www.nhliberty.org/ New Hampshire Liberty Alliance.

" A leader knows that if he is generous with his time, his people will be generous with their effort."

Plug>>>>Realtor Lovejoy Real Estate!

LeRuineur6

• FSP Participant
  • Act decisively. Without reserve!
    • Liberty Scholarship Fund
Re:WHY NEW HAMPSHIRE IS THE FREE STATE
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2004, 02:00:03 pm »

I'm gaining some faith back in the Governor.   ;)
Please donate $5 to $10 per month to the Liberty Scholarship Fund!
"Noncooperation is intended to pave the way to real, honorable, and voluntary cooperation based on mutual respect and trust." -Gandhi

freedomroad

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2004, 02:46:39 pm »

anti-tax Deep South: Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, and
Louisiana.
 I've never heard anyone say TN is in the deep south before (btw, it's not but that brought a smile just the same).  TN increased taxes by a large amount in 2002 and that caused us to get a new governor (D) that promised to not increase taxes for at least 4 years.  Didn't local Libertarian overturn a new local income tax in Moblie?  (good stuff)  LA already has high taxes.

That leaves only one: The Free State, New Hampshire.

Great to hear this.  Hopefully, with our help, we can stop NH from increasing taxes in 2004, 2005, and 2006 (just to start).  Remember, all we have to do is stop tax increases and because of inflation it will fell like taxes are being lowered.  If we can hold the line we win.

Asked what he would do if the state legislature sent the same
budget, or even a bigger one, back to him, Benson said simply: "They'd
better not." He was right. They didn't.

Gov. Benson stood up to the Republican controlled House and Sen, the newspapers, and even the U.S. government.

Tracy Saboe

• FSP Participant
    • Rand for US Senate in Kentucky!
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2004, 07:47:21 pm »

Can I purchase Canadian drugs from New Hampshire? (Since they're importing drugs against the Feds wishes?)

Remember, all we have to do is stop tax increases and because of inflation it will fell like taxes are being lowered.  If we can hold the line we win.

That's a very conservative (as opposesd to radical) libertarian approach.

I would actually hope with our influence we can lower taxes every year as well.

Tracy
« Last Edit: February 20, 2004, 07:51:22 pm by Tracy Saboe »
We agree that "Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." --George Washington

Jack Conway

Conway Supports Obamacare
Conway Supports Cap and Trade
Conway Supports Abortion
Conway’s Utilities Rate Hike Scandal
Conway is in Bed with Big Pharma
Conway is Backed by Wall Street Bankers

Dave Mincin

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2004, 08:18:10 pm »

Wow folks, understand you thoughts and concerns, but hey how do we get to were we can create change?  Talking???  Debating what is best?? ???  Hey we will need all that...the think tank that will eventually be set up by the NHLA, will be a great place for that type of debate!

Oh boy NH stinks, should have picked my choice!!! ::)  Daa...hey that is history...NH is our chosen home!   So what are all you folks who want to debate when...doing to get us to when?  Come on folks hello real world!  The time is short, the forces we face are formatible, we have nothing but each other, we must start doing and stop talking.  Please help!

Dave

Hey these board, are talk and thought need do be about what we are DOING, and how we can DO more to promote Freedom!
Please join us!

" A leader knows that if he is generous with his time, his people will be generous with their effort."

freedomroad

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2004, 06:12:48 am »

Oh boy NH stinks, should have picked my choice!!! ::)  Daa...hey that is history...NH is our chosen home!   So what are all you folks who want to debate when...doing to get us to when?  Come on folks hello real world!  The time is short, the forces we face are formatible, we have nothing but each other, we must start doing and stop talking.  Please help!

Dave

Hey these board, are talk and thought need do be about what we are DOING, and how we can DO more to promote Freedom!

Dave, you are doing a great job.  I am glad you have a lot of energy and are positive.  However, you sound like an ad.  Calm down, dude.  

Lots of us are doing hard work (I've written like 20 emails to NH Reps in the last couple of weeks, written board members, talked about possible ideas) and likely many of the members are doing things (and I'm not even a members).  I also working on several other things.  Plus, many of us are in other groups like state gun groups, tax groups, a local political party, and maybe even the ALCU.  Many of us have to spread out our time and money among different causes.  For example, I live in TN and may never move to NH but I am fighting to bring AK Carry there.

So, please, stay cool.  I know you want to help. I know you want to get stuff going, and I know you have lots of energy.  Plan things out a little (be very conservative), you have lots of time.

Dave Mincin

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2004, 09:30:53 am »

Glad to see you are supporting our effort, with much thanks!

Fact is by attending 1 House Conference Committee meeting I was able to learn, incidently 2 porc's testified, and a third deferred because his points had already been made,  much thanks to Tony, Wade, and Norm, that the next day
concealed carry passed the Senate, it is going to pass the House, and most certainly will be signed by the Governor.  A victory for Freedom, and can't help, but think that our porc's in some small way played a part in that!  Think it prudent to let the folks know we are doing now!

If you are working for Freedom, then I say tell us about it, your experiences, your victories, even the difficulties.  The folks need to know what's going on, what we are doing not just what we think!

Perhaps I do sound like an add...but I have met tons of folks in this organization, who are tired of talk, and who share my believe that the time for action is now!

Perhaps you believe we have lots of time my friend, but I do not.  Look around you, can you not see the government almost daily stealing our Freedom?  Whether one lives in NH, TN, or CA we must all do all in our power to create Freedom.  Time is not our ally, but I am certain with all the wonderful, and talented folks in this organization that we are up for the task at hand.

Keep in mind, at least as I see it, the FSP is the bus.  Our purpose is to recruit 20,000 freedom activists, and do all we can to help them get landed in NH.  The Think Tank, that the good folks over at NHLA  are putting together will be the place to discuss, and formulate policy, we must devote our time to helping  reach 20,000, and then help get them to NH.  Negative talk does not serve this purpose!

Hey "Freedom on our Lifetime," perhaps what was meant was your lifetime, or Jason's, but I'm an old dude, and I want Freedom in my lifetime, so please excuse the rush! ;D
Please join us!

jgmaynard

• FSP Shadow Advertising
  • FSP Participant
    • The Light of Alexandria
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2004, 11:38:03 am »

Can I purchase Canadian drugs from New Hampshire? (Since they're importing drugs against the Feds wishes?)

Yup.  ;D
Long as you're a NH resident...

JM
The Light of Alexandria By James Maynard

A history of the first 1,000 years of science, and how it changed the ancient world, and our world today.

http://www.lightofalexandria.com

Tracy Saboe

• FSP Participant
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2004, 05:15:19 pm »

So NH  people couldn't sell them to me here in South Dakota? We have free trade between the states right? So if NH defies the Fed shouldn't people in other states that want to purchase drugs from New Hampshire?

Tracy
« Last Edit: February 21, 2004, 05:15:32 pm by Tracy Saboe »
We agree that "Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." --George Washington

Jack Conway

Conway Supports Abortion

jgmaynard

• FSP Shadow Advertising
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2004, 08:23:53 pm »

We have free trade between the states... Regulated by the feds....

JM

A history of the first 1,000 years of science, and how it changed the ancient world, and our world today.

Tracy Saboe

• FSP Participant
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2004, 08:52:00 pm »

So because of unconstitutional Federal regulations I can't purchase Canadian drugs from New Hampshire?

Tracy

Jack Conway

Conway Supports Abortion

jgmaynard

• FSP Shadow Advertising
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2004, 11:08:57 pm »

It's in the constitution that the feds regulate inter-state trade....

JM

Tracy Saboe

• FSP Participant
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2004, 11:44:31 pm »

Not according to Madison's interpretation in the Federalist papers.

We have a different definition of regulations then they did.

But, to answer my question, regardless of Constitutionality.

Do these regulations prohibit me from purchasing drugs from New Hampshire?

Tracy

Jack Conway

Conway Supports Abortion

freedomroad

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2004, 04:43:28 am »

Do these regulations prohibit me from purchasing drugs from New Hampshire?

Tracy

Tracy, this all seems off topic, but

From what I understand, the feds claim that it is illegal for any American to ever bring CA drugs into America.  Everything done with them once in America is against federal law.  However, the feds are not arresting people as of now (they claim).  You can mail order straight from CA.  Heck, I watch TV com. that try to sell CA drugs to me (as I live in TN).

SteveA

• FSP Participant
  • Freedom - Are you man enough to handle it?
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2004, 12:18:06 pm »

Perhaps I do sound like an add...but I have met tons of folks in this organization, who are tired of talk, and who share my believe that the time for action is now!

I agree with you on the action and publicity is very important but most the action required is talk.

Lasting changes can only be made by social means and though it's less important talking to each other than spreading the word, this board isn't only frequented by FSP members.

You're correct we need to get out and spread the word but as an example of how "just talking" can make a difference, yesterday one of my best friends said he's realized how strongly I felt about this and offered to come with me to N.H. to help if I could use it.  I told him not to worry about me but just remember some of what I'd said and if or when a day comes that he realizes the source of many California problems, we'll be in N.H. if he wants to help make a change.

Other examples are at work, or with other friends.  A couple customers have been visiting from England and I've made sure to spread a few ideas to them.  One was more receptive and we've talked some on politics.  I should probably mention the FSP more frequently but I do have a habit of describing many of the positive traits N.H. has as well as the underlying philosophy that likely generates these traits.  Just removing the novelty of some libertarian ideas and giving people an alternative to consider in modern politics is, I believe, the overall intent of the FSP ... and for the rare individuals that understand, agree with the ideas and want to do something, the FSP will definitely be my recommendation.
"Fruitless, born a thousand times, lies barren.  Unguided inspiration, yields random motion, circumscribed in destination, going nowhere.  Guidance uninspired, always true in facing, stands immobile.  But fixed upon that destination firmly and with inspiration lofted; beget your dreams."
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up