Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: wnd.com  (Read 4470 times)

Michael

• I'm a llama!
wnd.com
« on: October 14, 2002, 11:29:22 am »

Perhaps this has already been covered but I thought I'd pass it along to those who missed it. I found this article today on wnd.com by Jon Dougherty:

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=29249

~m

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
Re:wnd.com
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2002, 11:31:36 am »

Yep, we've just put up a link to it on the website.  The article gets a lot of facts wrong, and I emailed Jon Dougherty about those, but by and large it presents us well.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

Penfist

• FSP Participant
  • Work together to build something that lasts.
    • Penfist
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2002, 01:35:22 pm »

The article got me here and I joined within 15 minutes. I don't have to be hit over the head with a good thing anymore to know it when I see it.

Palindrome
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.
--Thomas Jefferson

peacekeeper444

• Defender of Freedom
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2002, 02:53:54 pm »

I read the article and it provoked an extreme reaction in me.  "I gotta find out more about these people, and do it right now!"  I thought I had died and gone to a constitutional  tea party in heaven!
We have it in our power, to begin the world anew."  Thomas Paine

Penfist

• FSP Participant
    • Penfist
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2002, 09:06:24 pm »

Don't I have to achieve senior poster status before anyone will take me seriously?

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.
--Thomas Jefferson

glen

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2002, 09:52:34 pm »

Who's Helfield and how did he wind up as the founder of the FSP?

Robert H.

• Jeffersonian
    • Devolution USA
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2002, 12:43:58 am »

I read the article and it provoked an extreme reaction in me.  "I gotta find out more about these people, and do it right now!"

Echoing MouseBorg here, welcome to both you and Palindrome.  Tell everyone you know about us!  In addition to these discussion boards, there is also an e-mail forum on Yahoo that you can access through the homepage.

Welcome to the tea party!   ;D

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2002, 07:00:12 am »

Who's Helfield and how did he wind up as the founder of the FSP?

heh heh  I know, there are some errors there!  I contacted the author and he said he at least changed Jan's gender (he's a man).  Jan *Helfeld* (note proper spelling - another error in the article) is just a very eager FSP member from Virginia.  His essay quoted from in the article can be found here:
http://freestateproject.org/beststrat.htm
He doesn't claim to be the founder or anything like it; I guess Jon Dougherty just assumed that!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2002, 07:00:48 am by Jason P. Sorens »
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

Mega Joule

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2002, 08:12:06 pm »

Don't I have to achieve senior poster status before anyone will take me seriously?

Nah!  What makes you think anyone takes senior posters seriously.  

Welcome aboard!

Meg
"One essential of a free government is that it rest wholly on voluntary support.  And one certain proof that a goverment is not free, is that it coerces more or less persons to support it, against their will."  (Lysander Spooner, 1867)

Penfist

• FSP Participant
    • Penfist
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2002, 09:32:47 pm »

Nah!  What makes you think anyone takes senior posters seriously.  

Welcome aboard!

Just used to the status quo I suppose. I suppose you get taken seriously because of that weapon in your photo ;)

--Thomas Jefferson

Jeffersonian Democrat

• FSP Participant
  • The Truth will set you free
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2002, 02:34:11 pm »

Yeah that WND article led me to this site.  For years I've thought about how great it would be if there was another New World or somewhere like minded people who love freedom could go and live.  I couldn't believe it when I read that WND article and came straight away to this site and I thought about it for, oh... 3 or 4 seconds before I signed up.  Then I started reading.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything