Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Maine Town to disolve intself.  (Read 68558 times)

freedomroad

Re:Maine Town to disolve intself.
« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2004, 04:20:28 pm »

will do, Radio

Hey, I'll kick in $10 too.  

Just IM me your address whenever you want and I'll send you a check.

penguinsscareme

• FSP Participant
  • Ain't nobody's business but mine
    • Free State Project/self-sufficiency living liaison
« Reply #61 on: March 03, 2004, 05:46:21 pm »

Yeah, Michael, how's that coming?  If we're not going to strike soon, like within the week, then we might as well forget it.
Stamp freestateproject.org on your cash!  Stamp & inkpad run less than $10 & it's the single most effective and easy thing you can do for the fsp.  And it's legal, just don't obscure the serial #.  www.currentlabels.com

Thor

• Freedom is slipping away like sand in an hourglass
    • http://www.voters4ventura.com
Re:Maine Town to dissolve itself.
« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2004, 03:10:27 am »

So what happened?  I was reading this thread about this great idea to send postcards to these people in Maine, and then it just ended with no info for the last month.  Did it go out?  What was the reply?

What we need is some really creative flash person to make a funny as hell flash cartoon that people will want to send around the Internet.  viral.  and have it push the FSP.

I have a concept for a flash bit, but not the skills to build it.

Start with an image of W'bya, and have it slowly morph into an elephant (W'bya has big ole ears, that will be easy) that is stealing peanuts out of a persons pocket who is completely oblivious...  then show Kerry and have it morph into a donkey, a.k.a a jack ass...  (Kerry kinda looks like a jack ass)...  who is kicking the Constitution with its rear legs ...  and then show a porc and have a tag line that says ...  "4 more years of stealing your money, privacy and liberties, or just another jack ass???  how about a real change...  check out the free state project!"  (or Gary Nolan, but I like the FSP idea better as after the elections, unfortunately, Gary Nolan will not even register in 98% of American minds)

Please feel free to add thought or ideas to this bit...  and if you are a flash wiz with morphing software..  step up to the plate my friend!

Thoughts?

LeopardPM

• FSP Participant
« Reply #63 on: April 08, 2004, 10:48:56 am »

didn't go out - I was looking for help in the design department or at least some guidance as to what to say (my creative energy wasn't that high back then) - couldn't figure out how to post a PDF or a GIF to here so people could comment or critique...

so, it went into my 'get around to it when I got more free time' bin.....

this was unfortunate as we had enough people committing money to make it happen..

BTW: don't know a thing about FLASH, but I like the idea!

michael
nothing to say...

Thor

« Reply #64 on: April 08, 2004, 11:13:57 am »

Hi Michael,

For future reference, you can get yourself a geocities account for free or something like that, and then you can upload the file you have to that account.  Then you can use the IMG tag to pull it into the post, or just provide a link in the post to the file so people can see it.

Hope that helps.

As far as creativity on the piece, an arial image of the kingdome in Seattle that they imploded several years back, or some other "implosion" with a nice catchy text message would have been kinda neat.  Or this clip art explosion..  etc...

Thor

Re:Maine Town to dissolve itself.
« Reply #65 on: April 08, 2004, 11:16:49 am »

What we need is some really creative flash person to make a funny as hell flash cartoon that people will want to send around the Internet.  viral.  and have it push the FSP.

I have a concept for a flash bit, but not the skills to build it.

Start with an image of W'bya, and have it slowly morph into an elephant (W'bya has big ole ears, that will be easy) that is stealing peanuts out of a persons pocket who is completely oblivious...  then show Kerry and have it morph into a donkey, a.k.a a jack ass...  (Kerry kinda looks like a jack ass)...  who is kicking the Constitution with its rear legs ...  and then show a porc and have a tag line that says ...  "4 more years of stealing your money, privacy and liberties, or just another jack ass???  how about a real change...  check out the free state project!"  (or Gary Nolan, but I like the FSP idea better as after the elections, unfortunately, Gary Nolan will not even register in 98% of American minds)

Please feel free to add thought or ideas to this bit...  and if you are a flash wiz with morphing software..  step up to the plate my friend!

Thoughts?

BTW, I started a NEW thread on this Flash idea in the shadow ads group, so reply to in in the new thread, found here:

http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?board=55;action=display;threadid=6572

citizen_142002

• Friend of the FSP
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #66 on: April 14, 2004, 10:40:24 pm »

I think that we are a little too focused on towns that are looking to suceed. That is nothing new in norther new england. Towns have even looked to become independent from NH and not move to any other state.
Seeking individuals in nearby states who are looking for lower taxes sounds like a high yield recruiting possibility. I doubt that Vermont or Maine will agree to let towns suceed to NH, and if they do we might want to look at why that town wasn't worth holding on to.

Tracy Saboe

• FSP Participant
    • Rand for US Senate in Kentucky!
« Reply #67 on: April 14, 2004, 11:57:01 pm »

I doubt that Vermont or Maine will agree to let towns suceed to NH, and if they do we might want to look at why that town wasn't worth holding on to.

That still ticks me off that the local government has to get "permission" from its oppresor to secede.

Tracy
We agree that "Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." --George Washington

Jack Conway

Conway Supports Obamacare
Conway Supports Cap and Trade
Conway Supports Abortion
Conway’s Utilities Rate Hike Scandal
Conway is in Bed with Big Pharma
Conway is Backed by Wall Street Bankers

rodschmidt

« Last Edit: April 19, 2004, 01:00:34 am by rodschmidt »

rodschmidt

« Reply #69 on: April 19, 2004, 01:06:40 am »

Ones travel much much more than larger bills. Larger bills last longer than the average of 18 months for a one, but they sit in safes and banks more.

This effect is probably easy to measure.  Get a sample of bills of various denominations and average the ages for each denomination.

Bills wear out from being handled and folded.  All bills are made of the same material (or not?)  So each bill wears out after n viewings, for constant n.

People do look more carefully at larger bills to check for counterfeiting.

So large bills will get a larger effect but will take longer.

jeanlerymg

« Reply #70 on: May 29, 2010, 02:15:14 am »

atr, lets take a look at what you are saying:
Should the federal government offer automobiles for sale at the DMV?  Should there by government grocery stores?  its all just more 'choice', right?

This is not what I meant to imply. I only mean to suggest that using a government service is not as heinous as you make it out to be. I myself use taxpayer-funded roads, and I imagine you do, too. Sometimes governments take advantage of their road monopoly and build rest stops. Is it anti-libertarian if I stop at one to take a leak and buy a drink from the "government-sanctioned" vending machine?

As a consumer, you choose to use the Postal Service for postcards because it offers the best value, so wouldn't you do the same if it offered the best value for printing?
wrong. as a consumer you MUST use the postal service to mail ANY postcard, irregardles of percieved 'value'.  Do you want the same for printing?
No, I wouldn't want the same for printing. But, in any event, you do have a choice of what printer to use. You (and Jon) are correct to point out that laws including price floors, tax and zoning exemptions, and exclusive use of mailboxes protect the Postal Service's mail monopoly. I do not mean to endorse government monopolies or even any tax-funded government services (except for some law enforcement).

It's right of the government to take advantage of the road monopolies and build rest stops or other that could be put behind the road.  That is in order to widen the opportunity and make alternative profits of expending the government's money for the rehabilitation of the road, better put up vending machines.  Whenever you need to stop for a while, you could be able to buy foods and drinks from vending machines.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 03:47:10 am by jeanlerymg »

John Edward Mercier

• Native
Re: Maine Town to disolve intself.
« Reply #71 on: May 29, 2010, 09:41:46 am »

What road monopoly?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up