Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Maine Town to disolve intself.  (Read 68533 times)

Tracy Saboe

• FSP Participant
    • Rand for US Senate in Kentucky!
Re:Maine Town to disolve intself.
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2004, 02:00:20 am »

We agree that "Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." --George Washington

Jack Conway

Conway Supports Obamacare
Conway Supports Cap and Trade
Conway Supports Abortion
Conway’s Utilities Rate Hike Scandal
Conway is in Bed with Big Pharma
Conway is Backed by Wall Street Bankers

LeopardPM

• FSP Participant
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2004, 03:38:17 am »

which means that i need to store the image on a server somewhere.... i have no such animal
nothing to say...

freedomroad

« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2004, 04:25:05 am »

atr, lets take a look at what you are saying:
Should the federal government offer automobiles for sale at the DMV?  Should there by government grocery stores?  its all just more 'choice', right?

You have never been on an Army Fort, Navy Post, or anything like that, huh?  The Feds sell food, beer, wine, gas, candy, paper, car parts, shoes, lotion, chairs, and just about everything else.

LeopardPM

• FSP Participant
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2004, 05:12:31 am »

yes, spent 6 yrs air force wise, plus grew up in and around army bases in germany - its slightly different when talking about providing services to the military forces vs out in civilian terms - but you are correct, those govt activities, even though serving the military, still distort the overall economy.
nothing to say...

cathleeninsc

« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2004, 12:19:28 pm »

One thing, though.  After the first few times the novelty wears off and it feels more like work than fun.  Don't give up!  I have some other ideas on how to have fun spreading the word, but none as simple as the money stamp.  It DOES make a difference!
One thing that really helps is to develop a really menacing-sounding laugh, and then practice it whenever you sit down with your billfold and your stamping pad.
I pay for stuff using the largest possible bill so I get the most possible back.  I love it 'cause it gets the word out across a very broad aggregate and it doesn't cost me anything (aside from the initial ten bucks, which I plan to make back in tax savings about five minutes after I move to NH).

Andrew

Ones travel much much more than larger bills. Larger bills last longer than the average of 18 months for a one, but they sit in safes and banks more.

A georger for many years,
www.wheresgeorge.com
Cathleen in SC

BTW, the user note that I enter on all my bills for where's george has a link to the FSP website. I average about 8 "hits" a day, or 8 strangers exposed to my "live free" message everyday. Have even received a number of questions regarding the FSP. You old timers may remember E J Moosa on the forums.  Also a georger.

penguinsscareme

• FSP Participant
  • Ain't nobody's business but mine
    • Free State Project/self-sufficiency living liaison
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2004, 12:37:23 pm »

Eight hits a day!!! :o
Dude, I can't think of a better endorsement for money stamping than that!
Thanks, Cathleen in SC.

Andrew
« Last Edit: February 22, 2004, 01:40:53 pm by penguinsscareme »
Stamp freestateproject.org on your cash!  Stamp & inkpad run less than $10 & it's the single most effective and easy thing you can do for the fsp.  And it's legal, just don't obscure the serial #.  www.currentlabels.com

cathleeninsc

« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2004, 01:13:04 pm »

Don't get too excited, I have put over 15,000 bills into circulation over 4 years. Eight hits a day is just that -- eight hits. If I didn't like to see where my bills go, it wouldn't be worth the effort. I have not switched to putting the FSP website on bills, just on the note that is viewed when one is entered(added about a 4000 bills ago). I assume that it would take the same level of curiosity to check out the FSP stamp as it does the WG stamp. Not a good response rate in my opinion. But if I am going to get hits, I might as well plug the FSP.

Cathleen in SC

penguinsscareme

• FSP Participant
« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2004, 02:06:23 pm »

Yeah, okay, but it's no worse than any other form of advertising.
And hey, imagine if a thousand -- that's less than twenty per cent because I'm not foolish enough to think that everyone will ever agree on any one thing -- porcupines all started a moneystamping habit.  I think of it as planting seeds, broadcast style.  The more you plant, the more you harvest.  Not only that, but the greater the effort, the greater the rate of return.  What do I mean?
Most people aren't going to check out the website the first time they see it on a dollar.  But then if they see it again, it might make them curious.  And if they see it repeatedly, they are much more likely to want to check it out.  The odds of someone actually responding to an ad increase ridiculously fast the more times they see it, especially in an unexpected venue such as on their money.  It also usually catches them at a time when they are already open to suggestion, as when they are shopping -->buying things -->using money.

Oh yes I am an evil mastermind.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2004, 02:09:17 pm by penguinsscareme »
Stamp freestateproject.org on your cash!  Stamp & inkpad run less than $10 & it's the single most effective and easy thing you can do for the fsp.  And it's legal, just don't obscure the serial #.  www.currentlabels.com

penguinsscareme

• FSP Participant
« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2004, 08:05:40 am »

Hey, I didn't mean to go and divert the thread -- Michael still needs another 20 or 30 bucks!  Let's strike while the iron is still hot and let those folks in Atkinson, ME know what's possible in NH!

Andrew

Blefuscu

• FSP Participant
  • Big Endian Enemy of the State
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2004, 11:09:39 pm »

When do we send you money, Michael?  Have you gotten any more pledges?  
"Man will never be free until the last King is strangled with the entrails of the last Priest" - Denis Diderot
"I like beer and ice cream, and I have other vices too."  - Blefuscu

Tracy Saboe

• FSP Participant
    • Rand for US Senate in Kentucky!
« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2004, 12:52:16 am »

Penguin I apreciate you thinking about me :-)

Tracy
We agree that "Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." --George Washington

Jack Conway

Conway Supports Obamacare
Conway Supports Cap and Trade
Conway Supports Abortion
Conway’s Utilities Rate Hike Scandal
Conway is in Bed with Big Pharma
Conway is Backed by Wall Street Bankers

LeopardPM

• FSP Participant
« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2004, 01:24:07 am »

no more pledges - I will cover the rest... but am still working on the card itself... any ideas as to verbage, etc?  And how do I show it to you all... guess I could email it to each individual who contributed...

When I mail it, I will include all the contributors on the mailing list so that everyone sees the card - after the card is received, I will post here re: where to sen your pledge..
nothing to say...

BradKeyes

• FSP Participant
  • Why?
    • Active Mind Thoughts
« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2004, 12:09:45 pm »

I'll kick in $10. I'm curious what kind of response we'll get.
Knowledge becomes wisdom only after it has been put to practical use. Knowledge must be gained by ourselves. Mankind may supply us with the facts; but the results, even if they agree with previous ones, must be the work of our mind. - Benjamin Disraeli

Radio

• FSP Participant
  • Escapee from CA
    • ENTJ Forum
« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2004, 05:42:51 pm »

Michael - appreciate you sticking with this, projects like this are important. My offer for the $10 still stands, but I am not always able to regularly check out the bulletin boards, please contact me on private message when its time to pay up (PayPal ok?). Got your last one, btw.

LeopardPM

• FSP Participant
« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2004, 05:47:43 pm »

will do, Radio
nothing to say...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up

anything