Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: new President says hello  (Read 7392 times)

Amanda

• former FSP President
new President says hello
« on: February 17, 2004, 07:02:00 pm »

As was announced on the website yesterday, the FSP appointed me President for a six month term. I'm excited about the opportunity, and I look forward to working with the volunteers and the membership to help move the organization forward. I'd like to take a moment to introduce myself and also tell you about my first act as President.

You'll find my bio and a link to my weblog here: http://freestateproject.org/about/bios.jsp#phillips In brief, I am an accountant, manager, teacher, single mother, pilot, archer, runner, and long-time libertarian. I'm originally from California, have lived in various places out West, and currently live in Massachusetts. I see my role within the FSP as that of a facilitator... we have a great group of volunteers and a large membership with lots of great ideas, and I'm here to help pull those great ideas together & help make them happen.

I have a lot of ideas on how to move the organization forward, but for my first act as President I'd like to open communication channels between the membership & the FSP leadership. We have created a new discussion forum called "Ask The Leadership." I'd like to encourage the membership to ask questions of the FSP leadership via this forum so we can respond to your questions in an organized, public, efficient, and effective manner.

You'll find the new forum here: http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?board=57 We, the FSP Leadership, want to know your thoughts. We will monitor this forum & make every effort to respond in a timely manner.

Thanks for the warm welcome that so many have already shown me. I look forward to the day when we are all together in the Free State.

All the best,
Amanda Phillips
« Last Edit: February 17, 2004, 07:27:21 pm by Amanda Phillips »
"The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations." -- David D Friedman, The Machinery of Freedom

<Patrick>

• FSP Participant
  • Radical Capitalist
    • Ayn Rand Institute
Re:hello from the new President
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2004, 07:09:19 pm »

Congratulations!  :)
"I came here to say that I do not recognize anyone’s right to one minute of my life.  Nor to any part of my energy.  Nor to any achievement of mine… I wished to come here and say that I am a man who does not exist for others."
-Ayn Rand
http://www.aynrand.org
http://capitalism.org

Amanda

• former FSP President
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2004, 07:25:54 pm »

Thanks!  :)

I like your sig. I'm a "small o" objectivist as well.
"The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations." -- David D Friedman, The Machinery of Freedom

Kelton Baker

• Former FSP President
  • FSP Participant
  • Freedom is Free, it's tyranny that costs us dearly
    • Kelton Baker
Re:new President says hello
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2004, 09:51:58 pm »

Amanda, glad to see you 'taking the reigns'.  I look forward to seeing the FSP progress under your leadership.  Please feel free to call me, day or night if you should need my help on anything. (my phone is simply off when I am not available to take your call, so don't worry about calling at a bad time).  

You have the capabilities to get a lot done in the FSP, please remember to pace your efforts, take some time for yourself and your little girl too!
Give me some men who are stout-hearted men Who will fight for the right they adore. Start me with ten, who are stout-hearted men And I'll soon give you ten thousand more...--O. Hammerstein

Amanda

• former FSP President
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2004, 10:03:20 pm »

Thank you so much for the offer of help. And thanks for all that you've done for the FSP. Please smack me in the head (metaphorically) if you see me wandering into a fire swamp. Your experience is valuable; thank you for sharing it.

svillee

• Friend of the FSP
  • I favor a constitutional plutocracy.
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2004, 10:12:47 pm »

Any thoughts on when you would move to NH?

Is your current employment such that you could commute from NH?

Amanda

• former FSP President
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2004, 10:37:06 pm »

I'd like to move either this summer or next summer so I don't disrupt my daughter's school year. I could commute to my job from NH, but I'm still evaluating whether or not I want to do that.

And you?

svillee

• Friend of the FSP
  • I favor a constitutional plutocracy.
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2004, 10:46:10 pm »

I actually moved to Berlin in December.  If I can be of assistance in northern NH, please let me know.

I completely understand about not disrupting Elaine's school year.

Amanda

• former FSP President
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2004, 02:14:42 pm »

Thanks for the offer of help. I'm sure we will take you up on it!

<Patrick>

• FSP Participant
  • Radical Capitalist
    • Ayn Rand Institute
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2004, 05:21:57 pm »

Thanks!  :)

I like your sig. I'm a "small o" objectivist as well.

;D
"I came here to say that I do not recognize anyone’s right to one minute of my life.  Nor to any part of my energy.  Nor to any achievement of mine… I wished to come here and say that I am a man who does not exist for others."
-Ayn Rand
http://www.aynrand.org
http://capitalism.org

lloydbob1

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2004, 05:47:57 pm »

Congradulations Amanda!
This was a good choice on the part of the powers that be.
Lloyd

Amanda

• former FSP President
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2004, 08:31:55 pm »

Thanks, Lloyd! I look forward to making my dent.

FTL_Ian

• FSP Participant/First 1000
  • Golden Porcupine
  • Former FSP, still in NH.
    • Free Keene - NH's Liberty Activism Destination
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2004, 12:53:59 am »

Nice to see more ways to communicate with the leadership!

Regards,
Ian
150+ Reasons to Move to Keene : http://move.FreeKeene.com

Join the *other* liberty activism forum in NH: http://forum.shiresociety.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up