Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How I Introduce the Free State Project  (Read 5027 times)

EJ

• Democracy is 2 wolves & a sheep deciding dinner
How I Introduce the Free State Project
« on: July 25, 2002, 07:25:44 pm »

This is an idea I had with the Libertarian party, and I think it is one way to introduce the concept to others.

Ask you local bank for $2 bills.  They are still available(last printing was 1995).  On the back where you see the signing of the Declaration of Independence, place the web site address in the borders.

Just about everytime you spend a two, people will look at it and talk to you about it.  You can mention to them that if Jefferson was alive(he is on the front) he would be leading the move to a free state.  Then tell them they can get more information at the website on the back.

You are not defacing the currency.  The currency is still usable.  If you are unsure, they check out www.wheresgeorge.com.  They have a lot of discussion on the topic.

I have introduced many people to the concept of Libertarianism just by using twos.

What better way to fight the federal government than by using one of their own products?  

Give it a try!  You will be amazed at how many people will start talking to you when paid with $2 bills.

EJ

Elizabeth

• Former FSP Vice President
  • Someone has to ask the tough questions...
    • Free State Project
Re:How I Introduce the Free State Project
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2002, 10:05:30 pm »

Wow, that is so cool.  I bet an FSP stamp would be cheap, too, to mass-produce that kind of calling-card...

cathleeninsc

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2002, 06:54:45 am »

Gee, a fellow georger????

Cathleen in SC

EJ

• Democracy is 2 wolves & a sheep deciding dinner
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2002, 07:44:42 am »

Yes I am a Georger too!   :D

antayla

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2002, 04:07:13 am »

Ironic you should mention that... I have already been doing that with 5 dollar bills... and I work as a parking lot attendant so I pass a lot of money out :P

cdbern_99

• freedom fighter: source-DNA
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2002, 04:55:12 am »

Would it be legal to have a small stamp made and put it on all your paper money?  This could possibly catch the ones you can't talk to.  

cathleeninsc

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2002, 11:33:31 am »

Inkstamping bills with a url is just what georgers do. Curiosity gets usually 10-30% response.

Cathleen in SC
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything