Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Free State Journal  (Read 3334 times)

Karl

Free State Journal
« on: January 25, 2004, 02:20:48 pm »

There's a lot of interesting news and other goings on in New Hampshire and the FSP, spread out among many web forums, mailing lists and news an commentary sites.  All this information is not readily available to more casual followers of our efforts.  There also doesn't appear to be a NH-centric liberty blog out there yet.

Therefore, I've created a new blog, the Free State Journal, which I hope will help keep New Hampshire activists and FSP members informed about current events in New Hampshire's freedom movement, in a timely manner.

I hope to update it at least daily.  Please check it out and offer any feedback you may have.  If you encounter appropriate news or views in your web travels or otherwise, feel free to e-mail me the details, so I may create a blog entry.  Or just post it in the web forum as you would anyway, and I'll (probably) find it.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2004, 09:44:43 am by Karl Beisel »

Blefuscu

• FSP Participant
  • Big Endian Enemy of the State
Re:Free State Journal
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2004, 02:39:23 pm »

Very nice, Karl.  I'll check it frequently.
"Man will never be free until the last King is strangled with the entrails of the last Priest" - Denis Diderot
"I like beer and ice cream, and I have other vices too."  - Blefuscu

FSPTalker

• FSP Member
  • FSP Participant
  • Home at last!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2004, 02:39:57 pm »

Hey Karl, my wife and I just moved in state about six weeks ago. We had our first meet and greet at our place for another Free State couple that had also moved early. Altogether, eighteen supporters were in attendance for the dinner party we threw.
I mention this as a counter-point to the "bad news" slant on your new blog. Just wanted you to know that an the voluntary community level there is some "good news" happening. Use the info on your site if you'd like. I'll try to keep you posted with other good news tidbits.
There is no try. Do or do not-YODA

RidleyReport

• FSP Participant
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2004, 05:32:03 pm »

Karl that thing is perfect except you're not a NH resident yet.  The impact of an NH resident saying those kinds of things would be great....but you saying them as an outsider...that could generate a nativist backlash.

Not sure what the solution is....maybe more posts from NH residents and you stepping out of the limelight a bit until you're there?

http://RidleyReport.com
http://NHexit.com - If Britain can do it, New Hampshire can do it

Karl

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2004, 07:08:01 pm »

Dada, you're probably right.

Karl

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2004, 08:32:08 am »

When I first starting messing with it, I envisioned something a bit more off-hands, but it quickly evolved into what I really wanted, and what I feel it needs to be.  Unfortunately, I don't have the standing to write many of the things I want to write, although I certainly feel more like a New Hampshirite than a Virginian.  Bummer... Perhaps I will resurrect it after I move later this year.

lloydbob1

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2004, 08:50:58 am »

I clicked on the link and was asked for a username and passworord, and something about authorization. What gives?
LLoyd

Karl

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2004, 09:41:21 am »

I put a password on it until I figure out whether or not I want to continue it while I'm not a New Hampshire resident.  :-\

mark

• FSP Participant
  • A mute, inglorious Milton
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2004, 03:56:47 pm »

Karl, why not just keep a journal to follow your move to NH?  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up