Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NH resident as liason  (Read 3962 times)

Snowboid

NH resident as liason
« on: January 24, 2004, 12:03:51 am »

Greetings,

I've followed the FSP, and wholly endorse the idea, having moved my family here to NH last summer, after five years of planning, based almost solely on FSP criteria but before the project was founded.

My point in logging on here, and in this topic section, is to reach as many potential FSP "movers" as possible and offer whatever insight or information we can, and to encourage those who have questions to contact us and we will do whatever we can to help in the transition.

Ideals are important, but "quality of life" issues are as well. Fortunately, liberty enhances quality of life, and it has become a self evident fact that one of most degrading factors in living a good life is the heavy hand of government. Here in NH, for us at least, life is good.

Live Free or Die
Stephen and Donna Young
Wolfeboro NH
snowboid@aol.com
Anti-Federalist on the boards at www.wolfeboroonline.com

mark

• FSP Participant
  • A mute, inglorious Milton
Re:NH resident as liason
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2004, 03:46:01 am »

I think this is one of the few threads that should be moved from the general lib forum to one of the NH forums.  :D

FreeBoB

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2004, 11:57:55 am »

Greetings,

I've followed the FSP, and wholly endorse the idea, having moved my family here to NH last summer, after five years of planning, based almost solely on FSP criteria but before the project was founded.

My point in logging on here, and in this topic section, is to reach as many potential FSP "movers" as possible and offer whatever insight or information we can, and to encourage those who have questions to contact us and we will do whatever we can to help in the transition.

Ideals are important, but "quality of life" issues are as well. Fortunately, liberty enhances quality of life, and it has become a self evident fact that one of most degrading factors in living a good life is the heavy hand of government. Here in NH, for us at least, life is good.

Live Free or Die
Stephen and Donna Young
Wolfeboro NH
snowboid@aol.com
Anti-Federalist on the boards at www.wolfeboroonline.com

Thank you Stephen and Donna!  There are thousands of us out here doing research online, trying to narrow down a region, a town and a new home.  If you haven't already, please contact the new and forthcoming Porcupine Directory organizer, Cal mailto:freestate@hotmail.com  He's organizing those in NH that are offering to help us move and get settled in NH.  

By the way, you may hear from me, as the Wolfeboro and Laconia area are appealing to me too, at least online!    ;D

Snowboid

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2004, 04:52:53 pm »

Brian,

Good to hear from you.

I know I've broken some forum etiquette by posting this here, just posted to the section that had the most hits. ;D

I also emailed Cal at the address you gave.

We'll be happy to help out any way we can.

Snowboid

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2004, 05:04:45 pm »

r-u-n-n-o-f-t  :-[

mark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2004, 09:31:12 pm »

r-u-n-n-o-f-t

The condition of having left or abandoned someone or someplace, often abruptly, under difficult or unpleasant circumstances, and with the implication of not intending to come back. Colloquial misspelling of "ran off." The term is derived from the movie O Brother, Where Art Thou, in which an rather unlearned character wishes to convey to other characters that his wife left him but does not wish to say so aloud in front of his son.

Mrs. Hogwallop done r-u-n-n-o-f-t.

mark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2004, 09:35:29 pm »

I know I've broken some forum etiquette by posting this here, just posted to the section that had the most hits. ;D

Hehe, the very top Geneal forum is where most of my "moved" threads originate from.  :P

Snowboid

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2004, 11:56:12 am »

Also used in the second "barnstorming" scene, where Pete and Delmar are trying to convince U. Everett McGill not to sneak back to the car in order to retrieve his "Dapper Dan" pomade.

"Don't be a fool Everett, we got to r-u-n-n-o-f-t" ;D

Clarence

• FSP Participant
  • llama! llama!
    • Clarence Young Autohobby
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2004, 04:48:41 pm »

Clarence Young here and a FreeStater. Nice to know that other Youngs are part of this. I am impressed with your website for many, many reasons. Wow. For those folks who don't know what they will do for a living in NH, perhaps a small town website would at least provide a bit of income as well as provide a community good-will liaison. And.......an informative website such as yours would help many FreeStaters find their way to a town of their choice. For me, I need a small gym nearby and a skating rink and an old business building to restore--preferably an old auto dealership.
I do not care if you are the purest and most Divine of Holy Libertarians! I will listen to constructive debate, but I will not listen to condemnation of my character. I do the best that I can.
Pages: [1]   Go Up