Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Interested much, skeptical some, help me.  (Read 3690 times)

Osborn F. Enready

• FSP Participant
Interested much, skeptical some, help me.
« on: January 16, 2004, 01:43:44 am »

Hello everyone.  I just found out about this movement today and can't help but feel a relief that other people are out there who feel the way I do.
As I am sure most of you know, in todays media enviroment it is very difficult to find out about things like this, so I was shocked to see this to say the least.
     I am very much in agreement with most all of this movements intents and purposes, and I agree with the way most of it seems to be being handled, however I do have some questions that I would appreciate some feedback on, especially from any New Hampshire residents who may be reading.
     I am From Ohio, and after looking at information about New Hampshire, I see that it seems property values are high, and housing is limited compared to areas that I am familliar with.  With this large influx of people, what steps will be taken to help to overcome this step as far as organizational help or placement in the state with the aid of the movement?  
     Cost of living in New Hampshire seems somewhat high considering the current job market, and it would also appear to be rather limited in immediate growth through all wage ranges.  Has this problem been addressed or anticipated at all by the movements organizational components?
     I feel very strongly about this movement now that I have all of the "immediate" information I could obtain.
I am however concerned that people in my age/education/career range may have difficulties obtaining work immediately in the event of relocation, and or affordable housing.  Are there any thoughts on this that could help an almost convinced prospective activist commit completely?  I look forward to hearing from you...

Osborn F. Enready

RidleyReport

• FSP Participant
Re:Interested much, skeptical some, help me.
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2004, 01:55:10 am »

Hi Osborn....welcome!  I am probably not the best person to answer the jobs question but I'm sure others will be along shortly to answer that.

Where did you hear about us?

And...have you heard about the Free Stater that just got arrested in Ohio?

http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?board=4;action=display;threadid=5051

http://RidleyReport.com
http://NHexit.com - If Britain can do it, New Hampshire can do it

Osborn F. Enready

• FSP Participant
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2004, 02:27:06 am »

Dada,

I thank you for both the welcome, and the information.  I had no idea of the arrest, and can sympathize with your feelings on the subject in your posts.(thanks for the link)  The concealed carry bill being passed in Ohio was one of the last shreds of light I could see in this State.  Very butchered, but at least a step in the right direction.  Now that I have heard about this movement, I am looking forward to finding out more about this community and if my questions can be answered substantially I plan on moving as soon as financially possible.  I feel like a lone soldier on a field of dead friends in my fight against this new wave of classism and tyranny, and let me say that seeing that there are acutally more of us out there, I am anxious to put my votes to use in a place where it will be recognized and appreciated.  I look forward to further conversations and viewpoints Dada, and I wish you all luck in freeing your oppressed brother in arms.  We the people need to wake up and take this country back from we the corporation!  Power to the people!

" A man who would trade a measure of freedom for a measure of security, deserves neither! "  B.F.

Osborn F. Enready

Osborn F. Enready

• FSP Participant
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2004, 02:28:40 am »

By the way, I heard about this of all places in a playboy magazine news clip article.  Sad where you have to go to hear about real news isn't it?

Osborn F. Enready

LeopardPM

• FSP Participant
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2004, 10:55:19 am »

Welcome Osborn!

there was great debate and a vote on which state to make the free state - your concerns were addressed quite thoroughly though you might not exactly agree with the end result and state.

re: NH job situation and relocation
I believe we have several people residing in NH who are providing information along these veins - have you checked out the FSP website entirely?  I remember seeing links to relocation guides and contacts.

btw:  you are not alone, though we are all an endangered species...

waiting impatiently to move to NH,
michael
nothing to say...

Mike Lorrey

• FSP Participant
  • Live Free and Never Die
    • The International Libertarian
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2004, 12:51:58 pm »

Osborn,
Welcome! I have been a NH resident since age 9 (1977) and an FSP member since its inception. I'd like to know more about this Playboy article. We try to keep track of media mentions of us in our Forum's publicity areas. We have actually gotten quite a bit of press coverage across the country, on CNN, MSNBC, Fox, and others, primarily when our state election was announced Oct 1st of last year.

As for local living, real estate prices vary across the state, depending on the community. Cost of living and standard of living is also variable. There are only a few areas of the state where costs of living are moving out of a persons ability to pay, generally communities that enforce growth controls to economically exile breeding families.

The rest of the state is very positive for business, employment, housing, etc. We have one of the lowest, if not the lowest unemployment rates in the nation. My particular area has unemployment below 2%.

What is your area of work?
The International Libertarian: The Journal of Liberty For Everyone, Everywhere, All The Time

FreeBoB

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2004, 01:12:31 pm »

Went to Playboy dot com to search for FSP...I didn't see any 'search site' capabilities.  What month/year was it in? I've always considered Hef and the PB philosophy to be rather libertarian.

Bruce_Morgan

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a Porcupine!
    • DevTech Services
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2004, 01:49:45 pm »

The only Playboy blurb I know of for the FSP is archived here.  This was from July 2003.  At the time, it was the most unbiased media hit we had gotten, in my opinion.

Osborn F. Enready

• FSP Participant
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2004, 01:33:59 am »

Bruce has the correct article in his link.  Thanks for the welcomes, and yes I did view the website in its entirety and have seen some general info on jobs.  I may need to look into them a bit more I guess, I just thought someone may have some information they want to pass on to prospects.  I will be studying the website for a few and reading up some more in the forums.  Thanks for the input...  ;)

Osborn F. Enready

thrivetacobell

• FSP Participant
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2004, 07:54:31 pm »

Hey Osborne-
     Something to take into consideration when hunting for a job is the proximity of vermont, massachusetts and Maine. The New England states are quite small in comparison to the rest of the country, and a large portion of newer growth in both new hampshire and maine commute to massachusetts(my home state). And yes, it would mean paying taxes in the respective state but while doing so you could be helping to further the cause of keeping your own money until a job arises in a community near you. For me personally, I would be honored to pump gasoline in the free state- thogh I intend to offer much more.
"There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way."
                       Chistopher Morley

Tracy Saboe

• FSP Participant
    • Rand for US Senate in Kentucky!
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2004, 09:32:45 pm »

Does Maine have an Income tax, or Vermount?

Tracy

We agree that "Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." --George Washington

Jack Conway

Conway Supports Obamacare
Conway Supports Cap and Trade
Conway Supports Abortion
Conway’s Utilities Rate Hike Scandal
Conway is in Bed with Big Pharma
Conway is Backed by Wall Street Bankers

Louis

• I was wondering...
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2004, 03:32:33 pm »

Does Maine have an Income tax, or Vermount?

Tracy

Yes, they both do as of 2003.  

See http://www.taxadmin.org/fta/rate/ind_inc.html
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost.
- JRR Tolkien

Mike Lorrey

• FSP Participant
  • Live Free and Never Die
    • The International Libertarian
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2004, 05:12:11 pm »

Yeah, both have had it for years.
The International Libertarian: The Journal of Liberty For Everyone, Everywhere, All The Time
Pages: [1]   Go Up