Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25]   Go Down

Author Topic: VT Town SECEDING to NH? Second FSP Shadow Ad!  (Read 167253 times)

SethA

• FSP Participant
Re:VT Town SECEDING to NH? Second FSP Shadow Ad!
« Reply #360 on: March 06, 2004, 10:11:41 pm »

I like the ideas you are both discussing. There is support to do another VT ad and not start something new right now. I will pledge some $$ for the new ad.

Horace the Heathen

• FSP Participant
  • All things are nothing to me.
    • FoneFresh.com
Re:VT Town SECEDING to NH?
« Reply #361 on: March 08, 2004, 09:35:55 am »

Hmmm... what if you tried to create a new state, with a new libertarian State Constitution, then tried to attract counties or towns throughout the country (or world) to secede to that NEW state?

It's an idea!  ;)
The Hindus did just that, and in middle America no less! They have their own city in Iowa <http://www.vediccity.com>, and numerous satellite "Peace Palaces <http://www.globalcountry.org>, a second major compound in NY deemed the seat of the "Parliament of World Peace," and so on.

Of course, the FSP doesn't even have a minute fraction of the financial resources that religious fanaticism can muster, but perhaps it could work on a smaller scale. To assist in the formation of FSP cells, the FSP could develop starter packages of some sort including instruction on running a small "special interest" group, recruitment strategies, perhaps include some easily reproducible propaganda, token t-shirt/bumperstickers for the founding member, access to a special website set up specifically for this new cell network, etc. Maybe this could give the FSP a purpose beyond the 20K goal. Or perhaps this would be better suited for a new and separate organization.
The sacredness of the liberty, and all possible proofs of this sacredness, will never procure it; lamenting and petitioning only shows beggars.

Victor VI

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a unicorn! Wanna play leap-frog?
« Reply #362 on: March 10, 2004, 12:19:08 am »

Okay, now that the fun is over, we have one more ad we need to do:

We need to congratulate Killington on its choice,
and we need to invite residents join the FSP and/or attend a local recruitment meeting.

James: How much money is still in the kitty? Would we need to raise some more to run one more ad in the Mountain Times??

This is the payoff, folks, lets finish the job with a class job, eh?

How much progress has been made towards raising the funding to run this ad?  And how much more remains to be raised?

I assume that this is going to have to be done in fairly short order to be effective. A congratulatory ad 6 months from now isn't going to make a lot of sense. What did you have in mind for a deadline date?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2004, 12:21:00 am by Victor VI »
I don't want to abolish government. I simply want to reduce it to the size where I can drag it into the bathroom and drown it in the bathtub.
--Grover Norquist

patriot32

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #363 on: March 10, 2004, 09:42:48 pm »

I really like the idea of continuing this ad campaign. James, I think your idea would really put the pressure on the Vermont SoS and give people not directly involved something to relate to as well. I would be willing to pledge some money to this type of ad if you believe it is doable.

Mike Lorrey

• FSP Participant
  • Live Free and Never Die
    • The International Libertarian
« Reply #364 on: March 11, 2004, 05:00:53 pm »

I don't know if anybody pays much attention to my posts at all, but I have stated on several occasions that the SoS is not necessarily an enemy. She happens, according to her own statements, to be a home-rule proponent.

The press statement was taken out of context and is only part of what she said at the time. The full statement said that the 'pleasure of the legislature' is the language of the Constitution, not her personal opinion.
The International Libertarian: The Journal of Liberty For Everyone, Everywhere, All The Time

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
« Reply #365 on: March 26, 2004, 01:55:08 pm »

The students in my Secession and Autonomy Movements class recently turned in their midterm papers; one chose to write on the secession of Killington! ;D  Knowledge is spreading...
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

Mike Lorrey

• FSP Participant
« Reply #366 on: March 26, 2004, 02:06:59 pm »

I think that student was just trying to kiss ass. Are they aware of your involvement?
The International Libertarian: The Journal of Liberty For Everyone, Everywhere, All The Time

bostnfound

• FSP Participant
  • llama's are tasty!
« Reply #367 on: March 26, 2004, 02:07:51 pm »

Any student with Google would be a fool not to realize Jason's views.

Mike Lorrey

• FSP Participant
« Reply #368 on: March 26, 2004, 02:09:41 pm »

Quite so. I always found that the easiest grades were earned when I didn't so much research the class subject, but researched the class instructor, and wrote my papers to fit his or her prejudices, as evinced by their published record.

bostnfound

• FSP Participant
  • llama's are tasty!
« Reply #369 on: March 26, 2004, 02:12:58 pm »

Being a law student I agree with you there.  However as a matter of pride I can't write to others liking just my own.  Hence my below average GPA.   :)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2004, 02:13:13 pm by bostnfound »

AuroraTrader

• Up here in Alaska...
    • My Personal Site
« Reply #370 on: June 30, 2004, 04:42:43 pm »

Doug,
 i love your sig line. just wanted to say that...
it is just the truth and i am glad to see people doing something about this. that is what my husband said attracted him most to this, your not just bitchin' and moanin' your bitchen' moanin' and then doinG!!!!!
i don't actually have anything to say about the thread... sorry.
-anita
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25]   Go Up

anything