Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: I have.....  (Read 10585 times)

Mike Lorrey

• FSP Participant
  • Live Free and Never Die
    • The International Libertarian
Re:I have.....
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2004, 02:54:03 am »

Frankly, if MY tax bill was $18k, I'd be packing up and heading for the Free State ASAP. Maybe bama sam likes paying taxes. Not me...
The International Libertarian: The Journal of Liberty For Everyone, Everywhere, All The Time

Morpheus

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2004, 03:20:24 am »

Exactly...

Bama Sam

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2004, 09:15:45 am »

Acuallly moving to NH would only decrease the taxes by a couple thousand dollars. Which would be promptly devoured by a higher cost of living. It would be a net loss for me.

Yes Morphy, you would be one of the blowhards that I spoke of. I had the decency to not name anyone or sling insults. That is called manners. You must see yourself as a blowhard, you acted insulted and started name calling. Leftist? me? I am the champion of champions concerning personal liberties and states rights. You sir, strike me as an idiot. People of your ilk will doom this movement.

Redneck is a state of mind, not a state of residence. You and people like you give yankees a bad name.
FYI....George Wallace ALWAYS won with the black vote.

Mike Lorrey

• FSP Participant
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2004, 09:50:50 am »

zactly HOW is NH a higher cost of living than massholchusetts????
« Last Edit: January 16, 2004, 09:50:59 am by Mike Lorrey »
The International Libertarian: The Journal of Liberty For Everyone, Everywhere, All The Time

Mike Lorrey

• FSP Participant
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2004, 09:55:10 am »

Redneck is a state of mind, not a state of residence. You and people like you give yankees a bad name.
FYI....George Wallace ALWAYS won with the black vote.

Sorry bub, but slave mentalities will always vote for their master. When the KKK is manning the polling stations, they know they don't have any other choice.

Redneck is a state of mind indeed. Favoring a world where slavery is possible ain't redneckism, such a foold would just be a dumb hick. Either freedom exists for all men, or it ain't freedom, and it aint a right.

Bama Sam

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2004, 10:34:42 am »

zactly HOW is NH a higher cost of living than massholchusetts????

You are not very bright are you? I call myself Bama Sam, I am listed as living in Cullman, ALABAMA. How did you and the other blowhard come to the conclusion that I live in Mass.? KKK manning the voting places? Idiot! You two sound like you came straight from the democratunderground website. I am amazed that you two idiots could even turn on a computer, much less connect to the internet.

Mike Lorrey

• FSP Participant
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2004, 02:23:45 pm »

I apologize for stating you are from massholia. I had read someone else say it, and assumed they were basing the claim on some fact. Sorry bout that.

I do note, however, that the Constitution of Alabama recognises:
a) the emminent domain power of the state
b) the property tax authority of the town, county, and state (with limitations on the extent of said taxes).

Property tax limitations in Alabama total $16.50 per thousand dollars valuation, which is about $5.00 lower than the NH average. NH in turn has no income tax, nor sales tax.

AL income tax is 5% on income over $3,000. State sales tax is 4%, and local sales taxes are also allowed.

AL also charges a 5% gross receipts tax on contractors in the mountain lakes area, and 4% elsewhere in the state. 6% on all communications services. 2% on gross receipts of dry cleaning operators. 4% utilities tax. 2.2% on owners of utilities gross receipts.

What was it you were saying about 'owning your stuff'????

Bruce_Morgan

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a Porcupine!
    • DevTech Services
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2004, 02:45:47 pm »

Looking back at Bama's original post, it appeared to me that he was remarking on the $18K missing from his paycheck due to federal extortion.  

Bama, if that is so, then I challenge you to show me legislation being considered in Montgomery that is congruent to:

HB1193 AN ACT establishing a committee to study the constitutionality of the federal income tax and constitutional abuses in the collection of the income tax and its effects on New Hampshire citizens.

or HB1245 AN ACT nullifying the Sixteenth amendment to the United States Constitution

or CACR25 A Constitutional Amendment prohibiting an income tax PROVIDING THAT: no tax on personal income shall be levied by the state of New Hampshire.

These are being considered in Concord right now, without the support of 20,000 Porcupines!  Is there a politician in Alabama who would even consider submitting bills such as these?

This in itself is reason enough for me to start packing for the move.  I will never feel the loss of those warm Texas winter days knowing that my interests are being represented by the heroes who sponsor these bills.

LeopardPM

• FSP Participant
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2004, 08:47:37 pm »

Looking back at Bama's original post, it appeared to me that he was remarking on the $18K missing from his paycheck due to federal extortion.  

Bama, if that is so, then I challenge you to show me legislation being considered in Montgomery that is congruent to:

HB1193 AN ACT establishing a committee to study the constitutionality of the federal income tax and constitutional abuses in the collection of the income tax and its effects on New Hampshire citizens.

or HB1245 AN ACT nullifying the Sixteenth amendment to the United States Constitution

or CACR25 A Constitutional Amendment prohibiting an income tax PROVIDING THAT: no tax on personal income shall be levied by the state of New Hampshire.

These are being considered in Concord right now, without the support of 20,000 Porcupines!  Is there a politician in Alabama who would even consider submitting bills such as these?

This in itself is reason enough for me to start packing for the move.  I will never feel the loss of those warm Texas winter days knowing that my interests are being represented by the heroes who sponsor these bills.

I didn't know! EXCELLENT! geez, laying the foundation against the fed income tax is amazing! wooHOO!  paving the way for the FSP to really make a difference...
nothing to say...

CaptiousDuality

• FSP Participant
  • "The ballot is stronger than the bullet."
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2004, 04:19:39 am »

I love these people!
S/A

Morpheus

« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2004, 10:49:12 am »

I was mistaken. It would appear that I was observing vermass's profile instead of yours, Bama.
Sorry, vermass.

Hey, Mike, would you care to prove your claim about the KKK having once infiltrated the Voting Booths in the South? I have read of that myself, but I would love to see the Neo-Confederate's reaction.
He called you an idiot, by the way...

Mike Lorrey

• FSP Participant
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2004, 12:28:41 pm »

It is/was so endemic that all you have to do is ask anyone who was involved in voting registration drives among southern blacks.

There is the classic story of a black fellow going to register to vote at the town clerks office. The constable is there, and when the clerk tells him that a black wants to register to vote, he comes out to administer a literacy test, which was SOP at the time.
Now the black fellow is educated, so he isn't concerned, until the constable whips out a newspaper to read. It is a Chinese newspaper.
Constable says, "Boy, can you read this newspaper?"
"Uh, yassuh, ah kin."
"Really, what does it say?"
"Sez no nigga gonna vote in this town."

Looking at the records of campaign speeches, any candidate who spoke against miscegenation was KKK. Current Senator Byrd is one such, an acknowledged past grand wizard.

See more:
http://www.buzzflash.com/contributors/2002/06/06_Blacks.html

http://www.ocoeeproject.com/overview.html

http://www.nota.org/washjm_nota.html

http://www.wsws.org/articles/2001/apr2001/flor-a09.shtml

especially:
http://www.geocities.com/__izzy__/Dengue/kkk/history.htm
"Early 1900's William J. Simmons, a former Methodist preacher, organized a new Klan in Stone Mountain, Georgia in 1915 as a patriotic, Protestant fraternal society. This new Klan directed its activity against, not just blacks, but any group it considered un-American, including any immigrants, Jews, and Roman Catholics. The Ku Klux Klan grew rapidly from here and had more than 2 million members throughout the country by the mid-1920's. Although the Klan still reverted at times to violence of previous years, burning crosses, torturing and murdering those who they opposed, most of the Klan acted through peaceful means. The KKK instead became a more powerful political force as it elected many public officials throughout the nation."

http://www.swkohio.org/history.htm
"When Hiram W. Evans was elected  Imperial Wizard, William Joseph  Simmons became the Emperor. The KKK had numerous members, upwards of 6 million people. The Klan also had  some prestigious members, such as Presidents  Calvin Coolidge and Woodrow Wilson, as well as members within the  Senate and other high ranking statesmen. "

http://www.africana.com/research/encarta/tt_026.asp
"Other Jim Crow laws did not specifically mention race but were written and applied in ways that discriminated against African Americans. Literacy tests and poll taxes, administered with informal loopholes and trick questions, barred nearly all African Americans from voting. For example, though more than 130,000 blacks were registered to vote in Louisiana in 1896, only 1342 were on the rolls in 1904.

Disfranchisement was often defended by invoking the mythology of Reconstruction, in which southern whites claimed that unsophisticated black voters had been manipulated by northern "carpetbaggers" who had moved south after the war. Jim Crow proponents also found ammunition in the incendiary propaganda of the Southern white press, which published sensational and exaggerated accounts of crimes committed by African Americans. As Woodward and other historians have pointed out, an atmosphere emerged of racist hysteria, which further fueled lynching, antiblack rioting, and the rise of the Ku Klux Klan ."

« Last Edit: January 17, 2004, 01:10:19 pm by Mike Lorrey »

Morpheus

« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2004, 04:16:24 pm »

Thank you, Mike. This information is very enlightening.

What say you now, Neo-Confederate?

Bama Sam

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2004, 04:18:28 pm »

I would say that the original comments were directed at George Wallace. The genius gentleman from NH goes and collects info that would appear (at first glance) to have predated the Wallace era by more than a couple of decades. All of the race problems that yankees try to hang on the south are true, but also very old and have not been of any consequence for a very long time. Actually, I spent some time in Wisconsin and Michigan since the early 90's and have found both to be much more racially intolerant than anywhere in the deep south. I will apologize to Mr. Lorrey for the idiot comment. Morphy would appear to have cornered the market in that commodity.
To the gentleman about the taxes. I have not delved very deeply into Alabama's tax structure. I do know that I pay approximately $425 yearly on a quarter million dollar home, that would probably cost me a great deal more than that to build in NH.

Bama Sam

« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2004, 04:25:31 pm »

HB1245 AN ACT nullifying the Sixteenth amendment to the United States Constitution

I do think that some of those politicians have a real set on them. Alabama's politicians are about the sorriest buch of  good ol' boys ever to run for office.

Be sure to tell the folks in the NH statehouse that it takes 2/3 of the states to repeal the 16th ammendment. NH can't do it alone.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up