Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My first LTE is about to be published  (Read 2103 times)

thegotoguy

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
My first LTE is about to be published
« on: December 30, 2003, 06:57:13 pm »

:)  The Courier Post of Southern NJ has called me to say they're interested in publishing my recent LTE (I sent it in about a week before Christmas).  I will post a link when they publish it, but here is the text:

Dear Editor:

The purpose of this letter is not to convert anyone to my way of thinking.  Rather, I am waving a flag and hoping a friend sees it.  If you are comfortable with the status quo in American politics, I suggest you move to the next letter.

That being said, I’d like to introduce you to “The Free State Project”, a plan to persuade 20,000 liberty-oriented people to move to New Hampshire and gain a foothold on the state’s political process.

Current members include Libertarians, Goldwater-era Republicans, Jeffersonian Democrats, and many stripes of liberty-oriented independents.  If you’re tired of the nanny state dictating every aspect of human existence, you may be interested.

New Hampshire was chosen mainly due to the state’s low population, low tax burden, native culture - “Live Free or Die” says it all, - and open political system.  Further information about the state selection process is available on the project’s website.

To date, over 5,000 members have agreed to move.  Our leadership has met with New Hampshire Governor, Craig Benson.  He has welcomed us with open arms.   He even gave a speech at the NH Libertarian Party convention – despite the fact that he’s a Republican.  He has publicly embraced many – but not all - of our ideas.  A few members of the NH legislature have also publicly welcomed us.  We have received positive press in several major media outlets, as well as many local NH newspapers.

Clearly, we are already having an impact.

Anyone interested in learning more about the project should visit www.freestateproject.org

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
Re:My first LTE is about to be published
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2003, 07:45:08 pm »

A good letter!
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism
Pages: [1]   Go Up