Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Curious...........  (Read 8985 times)

Morpheus

Re:Curious...........
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2003, 12:03:08 am »

Much like you do not have to smoke pot to support its legalization, you do not have to be a gun-toting rugged individualist to be a libertarian.

But you do have to be an individualist and support the Right of all to bear arms. He who stands against that is NOT a Libertarian.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2003, 12:47:10 am by Morpheus »

RidleyReport

• FSP Participant
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2003, 01:42:24 am »

Scipio wrote:

< while I have strong Libertarian leanings, I'm anit illegal immigration, and I support a strong foriegn policy.  I do however believe firmly that government exists for the sole purpose of protecting the freedom of it's people and that every choice government makes must be viewed in the light of freedom.  Would I be welcome with my views?>>

Hey that's *my* opinion yer wearing there, bud! :)
http://RidleyReport.com
http://NHexit.com - If Britain can do it, New Hampshire can do it

Creel

• FSP Participant
  • There is nothing Common about Sense
    • DS Instruction
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2003, 05:57:42 pm »

I've never seen any one on the list express radical treehugging views, or even not so radical ecologically conservative views... so eco commie as defined on this thread doesn't apply, and I suspect it's as accurate as any other term that has been thrown at that group.  for some reason there are a few people with irrational paranoias regarding the viewpoints that are occasionally expressed by the people on the list.  
"Anger may be foolish and absurd and a man may be irritated when in the in the wrong, but one is never outraged unless he is in some way, at the bottom, right."

Victor Hugo "Les Miserables"

Mike Lorrey

• FSP Participant
  • Live Free and Never Die
    • The International Libertarian
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2003, 06:49:07 pm »

A good point, but there are some individuals on the board who do have radical environmental views. "Eco-commie" is hyperbolic and inflammatory, but no more so that the terms 'ancrapper', 'losertarian', or other such hyperbolic terms thrown about by left libertarians...
The International Libertarian: The Journal of Liberty For Everyone, Everywhere, All The Time

RhythmStar

• FSP Participant
  • Imagine there's no Heaven.
    • RhythmStar Records
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2004, 02:59:00 pm »

A good point, but there are some individuals on the board who do have radical environmental views. "Eco-commie" is hyperbolic and inflammatory, but no more so that the terms 'ancrapper', 'losertarian', or other such hyperbolic terms thrown about by left libertarians...

Can you you point to single instance when I have used such a term, or advocated a citizen's dividend? I think not.

Thought police are Evil, regardless of the cloak they wear.

RS
Irony is the innate perversity of circumstance. -- William House

rdeacon

• FSP Participant
  • Six Years Into a Ten Year Sojourn
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2004, 10:40:16 am »

It's not about where you stand.  As I said and you quoted, you don't have to be a pot smoker to support its legalization.  So long as you are not against its legalization, you're in the right camp.

This analogy works the same for the other issues.  I don't own a gun, but I support the second amendment.  I'm not an individualist, though I support individualism.  etc, etc.

Much like you do not have to smoke pot to support its legalization, you do not have to be a gun-toting rugged individualist to be a libertarian.

But you do have to be an individualist and support the Right of all to bear arms. He who stands against that is NOT a Libertarian.

Kyle

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2004, 02:20:06 am »

Can you you point to single instance when I have used such a term, or advocated a citizen's dividend? I think not.

RS

I wasn't aware that he called you by name in that post.  Do you think its possible he was talking about others?

RhythmStar

• FSP Participant
    • RhythmStar Records
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2004, 04:12:16 am »

RS

I wasn't aware that he called you by name in that post.  Do you think its possible he was talking about others?

It is possible, but I am among the folks listed as a 'land communist' in Justin's infamous (and libellous) sig.  If I am to be labelled, then I have the right to refute attempts to paint that entire demographic with the acts a few.

RS

Kyle

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2004, 06:26:31 pm »

As he said in the post, there are "some" among the eco-commies who call people Ancrapper.  Bill is certainly one.

BillG

« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2004, 10:08:23 pm »

As he said in the post, there are "some" among the eco-commies who call people Ancrapper.  Bill is certainly one.

yes - used twice (as in past tense) on the same day 4 hours apart, not "call", and never in reference to anyone specifically only generally in response to escalating rhetoric....

first instance:
"The right to emotional stability is not a pre-requisite to life - just ask the AnCrappers."

second instance:
"hmmm...AnCrappers tell Greens this is what they SHOULD be doing. Buy the land and hold it privately to preserve it in it's natural state. You can't win for losing around here."

Hardly the same as calling someone a "geo-commie" and then listing the names in your signature - would you agree?

Kyle

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2004, 11:31:19 pm »

yes - used twice (as in past tense) on the same day 4 hours apart, not "call", and never in reference to anyone specifically only generally in response to escalating rhetoric....

first instance:
"The right to emotional stability is not a pre-requisite to life - just ask the AnCrappers."

second instance:
"hmmm...AnCrappers tell Greens this is what they SHOULD be doing. Buy the land and hold it privately to preserve it in it's natural state. You can't win for losing around here."

Hardly the same as calling someone a "geo-commie" and then listing the names in your signature - would you agree?
So when you say Ancrappers, Ancaps are not supposed to take it personally, but when someone in this thread says that eco-communists have used the term "ancrapper", RS should immediately assume its about him personally?

RhythmStar

• FSP Participant
    • RhythmStar Records
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2004, 11:57:43 pm »

first instance:

second instance:

So when you say Ancrappers, Ancaps are not supposed to take it personally, but when someone in this thread says that eco-communists have used the term "ancrapper", RS should immediately assume its about him personally?

The difference is the blacklist - when your name is publically attached to negative falsehoods by people who bear you malicious intent, you find that pointing out the injustice of it has its time and place.  

Nevertheless, I think if you were to look around you would find that I don't dwell on it.

RS
« Last Edit: January 04, 2004, 12:00:44 am by RhythmStar »

Dawn

• FSP Participant
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2004, 10:32:33 pm »

It would be really nice if the name calling and infighting could be done off the boards.

rdeacon

• FSP Participant
  • Six Years Into a Ten Year Sojourn
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2004, 10:11:16 am »

I'll drink to that!

LeopardPM

• FSP Participant
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2004, 08:05:42 pm »

ROFL!  Rhythm!  I don't know how you got from Lorreys post to you personally... never seen you do that - I chalk that up to 'must've been a very bad day'.!!!

Actually, BillG, I smile when you say 'Ancrapper' because the dang 'AnCap' name lends itself so easily to that misalignment - I know I would probably have said it if I was on your side of the fence (notice: I said 'your side of the fence', not 'commie' anything... I must be having a good day!) - I really do appreciate the dialog and heated arguments we have because it is a vitally important subject - to BOTH sides... the only problems surface when people take these discussions personally... I think I 'know' BillG and 'Rhythm' good enough? that once they are probably not banging on their keyboards screaming 'Read my #%&%$@ post again you moron, I just answered that question!!!!!'

The issues are serious, the results are important, but at the end of the day - we really are one big happy family in this FSP tent, right?  I KNOW that if we: replace Public Schooling with a totally privatized system that takes care of the 'poor' also, Cut the Fed Highway tax purse-strings and even just bring it down to a state level taxation or toll/fee system, Eliminate Zoning restrictions, make a big dent into the whole drug war.... just even doing ONE of those things, we will all be smiling because we know that a future infused with liberty is within our grasp...

michael

(ROFL! 'ancrappers'!!! I just luv it!)
nothing to say...
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up