Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I was woundering  (Read 1750 times)

Donald_Forrester

• I'm a llama!
I was woundering
« on: December 20, 2003, 03:28:30 pm »

Hi, my name is Donald Forrester. I live in a small town in Missouri of about 2000 people. I am 25 and at the moment I am laid off. (Getting used to that) I have a small question or maybe an idea. Well first off I just happened on to your site. Well it sounds like a good enough idea. Now like I said I just havn't went very in depth in to your site, so. Why New Hampshire? The population part I understand at 1,235,786 is pretty small but..... but at 8,969 sq. mi. that is kind of cramped in the long run of things. While Wyoming is only about 493,782 in population and 97,105sq. mi. (ranked 9th in the country I beleive) That is less people to deal with and more of an area that would be able to molded to the way people would want it. People could build towns and/or communitys the way that they wanted. Not what was already there. Somthing bran new. Plus with the pupulation difference not so many people to make a fuss over all of these out siders coming in.  
Now I didn't know that this idea has alredy probably already been kicked around or maybe not even thought of but i was just woundering. I know I am just some hillbilly from the Ozarks but i was just woundering.

Delawarean

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
Re:I was woundering
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2003, 03:58:55 pm »

Hi Donald,

The idea of going to Wyoming was kicked around quite a bit.  Take a look at the "Which State" part of the forum to see the reasons that New Hampshire was selected (by vote on Oct. 1).  

Stumpy

• FSP Participant
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2003, 04:29:09 pm »

Hi Donald,

First, there is nothing wrong with being a hillbilly.  ;) You would fit in just fine in some of the northern areas of New Hampshire.

The FSP considered 10 low population states; AK, ID, MT, WY, ND, SD, DE, VT, ME and NH.

We had a vote and New Hampshire won. To see some of the reasons why, go to http://lpnh.org/101/index.html

Libertarianitis - A disease where one is incapable of doing anything other than debate. The sufferer is rendered totally incapable of being constructive and constantly marginalizes him or herself by displays of extreme negativity, bitterness and intransigence.

Dave Mincin

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2003, 05:40:42 pm »

Hey Donald,

My moma was a hillbilly! ;D  Actually most folks are quite surprised how few people live in the northern part of NH.

What made me a believer was the friendliness of the folks.
Know if you should decide to join us you will be most welcome.

Dave
Please join us!
http://www.nhliberty.org/ New Hampshire Liberty Alliance.

" A leader knows that if he is generous with his time, his people will be generous with their effort."

Plug>>>>Realtor Lovejoy Real Estate!

Roycerson

• FSP Participant
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2003, 10:54:34 pm »

Being from Garden City, MO myself let me assure you.  These guys are not aware of our meaning of small town.  You won't find anything so remote as Blairstown anywhere east of the Mississippi.  You are never farther than 45 minutes from a Wal Mart anywhere in New Hampshire probably less than that.

If it helps.  I'm going to New Hampshire anyway.  It's a good endeavor and if I have to do it in New Hampshire, so be it.  It's beautiful there.  
« Last Edit: December 20, 2003, 10:58:47 pm by Roycerson »
He who is slow to believe anything and everything is of great understanding, for belief in one false principle is the beginning of all unwisdom....Anton LaVey
Pages: [1]   Go Up