Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why join?  (Read 5432 times)

Dave Mincin

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
Re:Why join?
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2003, 09:02:01 am »

Fitz,

Would encourage you to check out the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance.
http://www.nhliberty.org/   It was established by porc's already on the ground in NH.  

Our hope is also to be able to reach out to other liberty loving individuals in NH as well.  Do believe it will help you meet folks already in NH, and get a handle on what is going on up there.

Please feel free to ask them any questions you may have.

Dave
Please join us!
http://www.nhliberty.org/ New Hampshire Liberty Alliance.

" A leader knows that if he is generous with his time, his people will be generous with their effort."

Plug>>>>Realtor Lovejoy Real Estate!

rdeacon

• FSP Participant
  • Six Years Into a Ten Year Sojourn
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2003, 09:45:05 am »

Fitz -

I didn't mean to sound rude.  You're probably more in line with my beliefs than 95% of the FSP membership is(I'm a Jeffersonian Constitutionalist).  The reason that I was not overjoyed was that you promised only a vote, and the FSP needs activists.  Sure, we're always glad for another favorable vote, but we need people to really work for freedom in NH.

Keep in mind, that working for freedom does not require THAT much.  According to an old article on this board, you're an activist if you:

1. Contribute $$$ to a pro-liberty political group or campaign.
2. Help a candidate distribute literature or put up those roadside signs.
3. Write a Letter to the Editor at one of NH's many newspapers every few weeks about pro-liberty issues.

That's not too much work, and you'd be able to say that you're an activist, not just a voter.

Dave Mincin

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2004, 06:56:40 pm »

Fitz,

I believe plans are a foot to begin organizing in NH.  While privacy considerations should and must be observed, how can we truly be activists if we do not organize?  Also agree that networking is a must.

Think the difficulties for many in moving is being overlooked.  We will need to network, by jobs, business interest, perhaps re our thoughts on freedom, and even just to develop friendships.  I mean hello real world who wants to move to a new place with no friends and no job.

Whether the FSP as an organization supports this effort or it is done by individual porc's, it will be done.  Personally I am hopeful the leadership understands the importants of this issue, and lends a hand. We must establish an organizational structure to help the folks move, find homes, find jobs, and help them get involved in the fight for freedom.  To not address this issue is to ignore the real life issues that we all face.

Look forward to meeting you in NH with a smile and a helping hand! :D

Dave
Please join us!

" A leader knows that if he is generous with his time, his people will be generous with their effort."

Dawn

• FSP Participant
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2004, 10:21:46 pm »

2. Would a viable compromise be moving first, or solidifying all of the logistical plans and then signing?
(My small business is only 4 years old and I'm still struggling. This is a critical phase of my life and if I'm going to do it, I need to do it soon. I wouldn't sign light-heartedly but the longer I grow my business, the more anchored I become here. If I'm going to start all over again, I had better do it soon, and I'm not about to let all of my plans rest in the hands of some abstract 15,000 people! Is there a happy medium?)
Fitz

I would suggest moving before you get too anchored to move! I would assume that you could restart your business (although I don't know what it is!) since you  have experience in starting and running a business.

If you want more freedom and can help in ANY way to help make yourself, others and NH more free - then you should move to NH!

I am going to NH to look at properties next week. Wish me luck!

Dave Mincin

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2004, 10:25:26 pm »

Hey Dawn,

Good luck! :D  Be up that way myself soon, and will need luck, help, prayers, and anything else available, but just know I need to get there.! ;D
Please join us!

vermass

• FSP Participant
  • FSP Member Desert Storm veteran
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2004, 12:25:48 pm »

The more "registered" members we have the more political clout we have. It's important that we know how many people will vote our way on issues. It's important for our leadership to be able to say "well our" (pick a number) members will vote "against that" or "for that". While we may not all agree on EVERYTHING we agree on most issues. Please people, join the FS, move to NH and lets start working towards making America the country it should be!
"Give me liberty or give me death!"
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up