Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need a Job and a Place to Live in the Free State?  (Read 16857 times)

Chuckster

• FSP Participant
Re:Need a Job and a Place to Live in the Free State?
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2004, 03:26:16 pm »

Over the last six months we have put a lot of time and effort into getting something going in NH.  Laura, as noted above, went there and tried to purchase some properties in March but the deals fell through in the end.  Our plan of moving in stages, first establishing our business in NH, then moving, has proved unworkable so far.  Unfortunately, we have not yet been able to get anything going there so we will have to do some more preparation here (Meaning gather up sufficient cash reserves) then just move our base of operations, lock stock and barrel, to New Hampshire.  We'll announce any new developments here.
"Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it." George Bernard Shaw

thoreaupoe

• FSP Participant
  • Draft Dodgers & Tax Evaders Are My Heroes
    • Whiskey Rebellion
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2004, 02:22:51 pm »

Laura returned to Honolulu Monday night after a very productive trip to NH. ;D

Offer accepted on one 5 unit bulding with one vacant unit needing some work; I am doing the paperwork now, closing should be in mid-April.  Offer pending on second property, two buldings including storefront retail space (Available) and 7 apartments, all occupied.  Offer on third property countered, counter offer pending; 4 units, 1 or 2 vacancies anticipated, some work needed on the interior.

All are in Berlin, which turns out to be not such a bad little town after all.  Laura says there are no coffee shops (The Espresso, Cappucino, Latte type, not the Denny's kind) in the town and she was unable to get a decent signal for her wireless internet card or find an internet cafe.  Business opportunity here.  In fact, there are several opportunities for enterprising Porcupines.

Stay tuned.
:o  :o  :o

Un-friggin'-believable!  I am definitely moving to Berlin now!  I was extremely interested in your offer considering I have some experience fixing up the house my mom bought about 2 years ago (1910 Colonial) and am definitely interested in trade school, but now you have got me hooked!  Almost all of my other experience is in the coffeehouse trade, and I have always wanted to start at least with a shack that has an espresso machine in it by the side of the road, but I wasn't sure if there was an opening/demand for this in Berlin.  

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE INFO!  :D

- Tomas
"It's not an endlessly expanding list of 'rights', the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery ”hay and a barn for human cattle." -- Alexis de Tocqueville

gtnrvs

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2004, 05:19:54 pm »

I am a 57 year-old NH resident living next to Manchester (Bedford) NH. The most southernmost cities are Salem, Nashua and Portsmouth. All are 40plus miles from Boston and a mindnumbing,spiritually-sapping commute.
 Rents start at 8-900/month and the Missus would probably want something a little better than that. Any house big enough to contain rug-rats will run you over $250,000. Add to that the tribute demanded by the towns at the tune of $35-40/thousand and you have a rough idea of the cost of living. For the high rollers that think this is reasonable, this is a charming state to live, with unpretentious people, no sales or income tax (except for 8% at restaurants and hotels). if you make more than $2400/year on dividends, they will nail you for 5%, so keep some money offshore.
 Due to a spent youth and a modest inheritance, I managed to go thru life with no skills. Content with security guard, invoicing or retail jobs, I look forward to retirement at 62, knowing how to live on what most would spend on Dunkins and fast-food.
 Should you need any of those skills (I don't think you'll need my talk radio co-hosting resume) feel free to contact me. I bring to the table a clean,baggage free life, unencumbered with pop diseases and child support issues that would keep me from getting to work on time. My creditors and landlords love me.
new to the Libertarian experience. My motto is : War is the price you pay for government.
War is the price you pay for government.

SteveA

• FSP Participant
  • Freedom - Are you man enough to handle it?
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2004, 05:59:20 pm »

For me it's 37 years old with 5 kids and a wife (who will likely have some troubles settling in in N.H.) awesome engineer though and some savings.  Honestly, I think without state income tax and sales tax I could get by on $25K/year (way under what I currently earn) if we really pulled the drawstrings tight so I'm not too worried about getting set up in N.H.

The main thing seems to be to keep expenses low and get some income and work up from there.  I keep thinking with a few collaborators it wouldn't be impossible to start up a company but I tend to be more of a soloist than a team player (at leasy for now) but it's not impossible to start up a new business there.  If anyone has the need for an electronic engineer/programmer/control systems guys, just hollar.  Pay doesn't have to be great, though it might affect the duration of my employment hehe ;) :D :)

I keep thinking ideally I should set up my own business but admit I'm planning on taking a bit of a breather until the end of summer.
"Fruitless, born a thousand times, lies barren.  Unguided inspiration, yields random motion, circumscribed in destination, going nowhere.  Guidance uninspired, always true in facing, stands immobile.  But fixed upon that destination firmly and with inspiration lofted; beget your dreams."

ancientaerie

Re: Need a Job and a Place to Live in the Free State?
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2009, 08:56:19 pm »

I have a proposition for any rural property owner in NH. I am interested in relocating to your state. My proposition is: I build grand scale railroad equipment and exchange for a small piece of property on which to build, I am willing to give up to 50% of my profits / earnings to the property owner.

In slow times, I would help with farm work, repair, plumbing, upkeep, of your property. I could also construct a small rail line for income to your property.

I would also be willing to be caretaker for your property. I can do all types of work including equipment operation and repair, plumbing, landscaping, trail design and upkeep, building maintenance, farm / ranch work, etc.,. I will do this for room and board.

For any interest and photo's of my work, e mail me.

saramarie1994

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2013, 10:19:53 pm »

I would love to rent from you when I (hopefully) move up in a few months! Let me know when you have a place!

freedomroad

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2013, 05:41:08 am »

These pots are from 2004 and 2009. If you want to reach the people, I recommend clicking on their names and PMing them.

Either way, welcome to the Forum!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 05:53:13 am by 1DayAtATime »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up