Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: The WORST NH Gun Law!!! And how we should change it!  (Read 14672 times)

Ceol Mhor

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a porcupine!
Re:The WORST NH Gun Law!!! And how we should change it!
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2003, 06:54:58 pm »

Yeesh, what's the big deal about permits? You can carry an unconcealed gun in Wyoming without a permit (and such open carry will get people more accostomed to seeing guns, and thereby diminish the irrational fear of them that some people are afflicted with). I couldn't find info on NH open carry (didn't look too long, though). And if it's really that important, just carry concealed without a permit and don't tell anyone. "concealed" means people don't see it, including anti-gun cops. Some stupid permit system is not the death knell for Liberty in any state, eastern OR western.  ::)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2003, 06:55:45 pm by Ceol Mhor »

Zxcv

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2003, 11:49:15 am »

Hey, I'm a big fan of massive non-compliance with unconstitutional laws. So I agree. But that's a personal decision, not something that can be official FSP policy!   :)

Blain

• FSP Participant
  • Liberty or Death!
    • Infowars
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2003, 04:55:46 pm »

Open carry IS legal in NH!!!  
The following flash movie sums up values.
http://www.isil.org/resources/introduction.swf

"A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares about more than he does his own personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made an

Zxcv

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2003, 06:01:14 pm »

Open carry is nice in a theoretical sense, and usually less bureaucratized for historical reasons, but if you are the only one walking around town with a gun on your belt, you are probably going to get a lot of grief from cops, not to mention being shunned by your neighbors.

<later...>

Hmmm, maybe I spoke too soon. I found this statement while poking around the internet:

"In the lessons learned department, I can say that in Indiana at least, carrying a large frame, semi-auto pistol may elicit glances from people, but they quickly accept it. Even knowing, as many people in Bloomington did, that I was not a police officer but that I was carrying openly in order to make a political statement didn't seem to produce an adverse reaction. On the other hand, I did receive a great deal of approbation from people who support the right of self-defense."

This guy has some interesting thoughts on this sort of thing, including day-to-day accounts of his experiences carrying openly:
http://paulhager.org/

Michelle

• FSP Participant
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2003, 06:30:59 pm »

I couldn't find info on NH open carry (didn't look too long, though).

Open carry is legal in New Hampshire. The only place that anyone is restricted from carrying is courthouses. I know quite a few people who open carry on a daily basis and I've never seen anyone bat an eye over it.
Please join NHLA today! http://www.nhliberty.org With every new member we gain political weight to support liberty-friendly candidates and promote liberty throughout NH.
Support the Liberty Scholarship Fund. Please make a donation today! http://www.lsfund.org

jgmaynard

• FSP Shadow Advertising
  • FSP Participant
    • The Light of Alexandria
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2003, 07:13:06 pm »

In fact, I remember quite a few people at the Escape to NH who were from out of state, including Mike Badnarik, who were openly carrying, and remarked several times about how the people in the towns they went to took it totally in stride.

"New Hampshire is very high in gun freedom, and has the lowest crime in the nation. Does anyone NOT see the connection?" - Mike Badnarik

JM
The Light of Alexandria By James Maynard

A history of the first 1,000 years of science, and how it changed the ancient world, and our world today.

http://www.lightofalexandria.com

Tony Stelik

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a rabid individualist
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2003, 07:43:53 pm »

Is this discussion about which State is Free or Which State Will be Free?
From the posts it looks like we are campaigning the first. From FSP point of view it is of little importance.
Scary thought is That WY takes finder prints and sends them to FBI. This means close cooperation of WY legislature with federal government and means that state gives up its powers. Not good.
For the purpose of discussion which state will be free we have to consider how easy it is to repeal the stupid laws. In NH it is quite easy. I still do not see if it is so in WY.
WY supporters would do better job for FSP giving all of us information how to repeal law in question instead of ignoring it’s harmful consequences.
In NH repealing laws seams to be easy task as NH supporters presented the subject again and again zilion times.
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forgive you
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up