Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: charter school  (Read 4393 times)

solomon

• FSP Participant
  • evolution did not end with us growing thumbs
    • my myspace
charter school
« on: December 01, 2005, 04:35:02 am »

hello again free staters. after much thought i have decided to attempt to judge interest in starting a charter school, both brick and mortar and online, for free staters who wish to homeschool but don't have the time, education or inclination. it will be a very open forum, and i need help. what do you folks think? this seems to be an issue that is very important. i am moving to NH as soon as i get my masters in education. please let me know what you all think, and if you can help.
To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are<br />to stand by the president,   right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic ans<br />servile, but is morally treasonable--Theodore Roosevelt

freedomroad

Re: charter school
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2005, 04:24:47 pm »

hello again free staters. after much thought i have decided to attempt to judge interest in starting a charter school, both brick and mortar and online, for free staters who wish to homeschool but don't have the time, education or inclination. it will be a very open forum, and i need help. what do you folks think? this seems to be an issue that is very important. i am moving to NH as soon as i get my masters in education. please let me know what you all think, and if you can help.

It sounds cool.  I also plan to get a masters in education.  The thing about homeschooling is, it is just so easy.  It takes like 1-2 hours a day of a parent's time.  Then maybe a little more to drive the kid around time to various programs, lessons, or tutors but parents normally do that anyway.  Anyway, I will not be in NH for a few years but I hope you have something going.  I'd love to help out.

Dawn

• FSP Participant
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2005, 06:19:00 pm »

How about a private school instead of a charter school? I can't speak for homeschoolers as a group, but I think that most are concerned with flexibility which would be squashed by the rules and regs of running a state sponsored charter school.

castle_chaser

Sudbury School
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2006, 12:53:59 pm »

I'd like to start one of these Sudbury Schools in NH.  It would be private and student directed.  It seems like a great education model to me, being a fan of unschooling.

http://www.sudval.org/

Kate

Friday

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • I'm a browncoat!
    • Shire Liberty News
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2006, 03:18:56 pm »

Former FSP President Amanda Phillips sends her daughter there. I'll bet she'd love it if you opened one in New Hampshire!
Shire Liberty News - spotlighting activism in New Hampshire: the frontier of freedom
http://www.shirelibertynews.com

castle_chaser

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2006, 04:53:22 pm »

Former FSP President Amanda Phillips sends her daughter there. I'll bet she'd love it if you opened one in New Hampshire!

I bet  :D I currently reside in Manchester, NH. I am hoping to find some fellow freestaters interested in such a school in the Manchester Area. Once I find them. I'd get started with the planning.

Kate

solomon

• FSP Participant
  • evolution did not end with us growing thumbs
    • my myspace
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2006, 04:28:32 pm »

wow, that looks amazing  ;D i'd be very interested.
To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are<br />to stand by the president,   right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic ans<br />servile, but is morally treasonable--Theodore Roosevelt
Pages: [1]   Go Up