Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Weather  (Read 13521 times)

Tony Stelik

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a rabid individualist
Re:Weather
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2004, 04:02:03 pm »

LOL
But seriously......
I went for vacation / 30-th universary - honey moon all around NH (from Portsmouth through Berlin to Canadian boarder, during 12/26 -12/31 in the anticipation I will see winter. Well I did not see it.
Few days ago I was again in NH (during current winter attack). It is cooler than in CT by few deg. but not big deal.
If I compare to my old country wether, it is like Florida :D
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forgive you

DadELK68

Re:Weather
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2004, 11:31:05 pm »

There is something invigorating about being challenged by the elements, even if it only involves taking the trash to the street (we pay for private pick-up weekly or take it to the town transfer station ourselves here in NH) or scraping the windshield while waiting for the seatwarmer to kick in...

Eric

Dozer

Ack! It's 10 degrees, -9 with the windchill in NH
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2004, 01:48:11 am »

-9 tonight in NH with the windchill BRRRRRR!! :o

SBottari

• FSP Participant
Re:Ack! It's 10 degrees, -9 with the windchill in NH
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2004, 02:30:29 am »

Still warmer than it was here in Minnesota a couple weeks ago: -14 with -30 wind chill.  I'm moving somewhere warmer when I move to NH!
"The cheek of every American must tingle with shame as he reads the silly, flat, and dishwatery utterances of the man who has to be pointed out to intelligent foreigners as the President of the United States."
   -The Chicago Times review of After Lincoln's Gettysburg Address

Mike Lorrey

• FSP Participant
  • Live Free and Never Die
    • The International Libertarian
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2004, 04:23:32 pm »

Ah, you speak too soon. It was -18 here the other day, PLUS windchill it was about -35 (I'm at 1230 ft elevation). Today was much better, around 5-10. The chocolate lab was enjoying hereself again (not beating me back to the house as she was).
It drops pretty well every evening, enough to precipitate whatever moisture is in the air, we get an inch or two of snow every night.
The International Libertarian: The Journal of Liberty For Everyone, Everywhere, All The Time

thegotoguy

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2004, 11:26:18 pm »

I heard the wind chill was -90 up at Mt. Washington, NH a few nights ago.

It was -40 (wind chill) in Concord where I was staying a few nights ago.  For the first time ever, my diesel truck fuel gelled on me.  Luckily, with some persuasion, I got it started.

Chris
« Last Edit: January 17, 2004, 11:26:33 pm by thegotoguy »

DadELK68

« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2004, 08:37:33 am »

Look on the bright side - when I walked out of my office (in Londonderry NH) last night into the night air with the temperature in the teens, it felt almost balmy. I didn't even have to wear my gloves or zip my coat as the car warmed up on the drive home.

It's all relative...

Eric
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

anything