Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Who's joining when they're 18?  (Read 66487 times)

citizen_142002

• Friend of the FSP
  • I'm a llama!
Who's joining when they're 18?
« on: November 06, 2003, 08:36:06 pm »

Hey guys I relize that just about everyone here is Libertarian judging by the posts, but who's just coming because their parents are and how many of you plan on joining before 2006.
I can't :'( I live in NH and so I can't become an official full fledeged memeber, I'm joining as a friend though and I'm sticking around for at least 5-10 years to help out regardless of official title. So if when the time rolls around there are only 19,999 members just remember that there is one more here in NH.

ShrineGuard

Re:Who's joining when they're 18?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2003, 10:32:46 pm »

The title of member is really irrelevant.  What matters is that when we all move to NH, and even before then, that you're willing to help out and make the effort a success. :)

I'm very sure that would we count the people in NH that would support us, we would already have our 20,000 people in spirit, if not in name.

kensai

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2003, 11:52:59 am »

I heard about, and joined, the week of my 18th birthday. :)

ShrineGuard

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2003, 05:45:18 pm »

I joined at 17, being the rebel I am ;D.  Of course, my parents very much support me in anything I do, so they were fine with it, even though they're definatly not going to join themselves.

seekingtruth

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2003, 06:59:41 pm »

:-*
I am seventeen, and when I heard about the FSP (at sixteen), I was really disappointed that one had to be eighteen to join.  I am a friend of the FSP, and I kept getting letters that said "your ballot for the state vote hasn't been counted."  That just added fuel to the fire of me STILL BEING A DARN MINOR.  However, I want to support the people that can and did join in any way possible, and trust me, I am signing the day I turn eighteen.  Good luck to everybody!
~Katie~

claywhittaker

Re: Who's joining when they're 18?
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2005, 04:23:41 pm »

I'm 15, and I'll be joining when I turn 18.

Gabo

• FSP Participant
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2005, 06:57:13 pm »

They need to change the darn rules!

Us minors want to sign up NOW!!!!   ;)
I love my country!

It's my government that sucks...

citizen_142002

• Friend of the FSP
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2005, 04:14:34 pm »

I wonder just how many minors are out there, waiting to join? It might be prudent of the FSP to at least conduct a survey to establish how many people are simply waiting on their eighteenth birthday to join.
There could be a lot of potential members nationwide. How many people my age are going to Porcfest??? I'm 17 by the way.

revolutionapril19

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2005, 12:58:41 am »

Im 17, and I joined when I was 15, using my dad's ID for the voting process (he's sort of friendly to the idea but not a member yet... give him one more tax increase)

Its really a load of bullshit that they dont let people under 18 sign up... i mean at the present rate of growth we arent gonna have 20,000 for at least another 10 years. And dont fucking call me a pessimist check out the stats... rounding up we get 15 members per week... thats 780 per year... we need rounding down 13,000 more people, so thats like 17 years there...

ERGO babies can join. hell even fetuses. even better... if you're an egg inside a fully developed female fetus, you can join.

sorry to be the one who has to point out the obvious
The revolution is coming...

EclecticBuddha

• FSP Participant
  • Carlos Baerga Is the Greatest Man Since Iron Man
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2005, 12:18:05 pm »

I'm 19 and my whole reasoning is that I dont have any place better to go.  I am going to be moving out soon and i dont see any reason why I cant be productive whilst choosing a place to live...

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2005, 07:25:51 am »

Hey Revapril19...can't wait for you to move here....even if it is 10 years.....you can come kick butt here in NH :)
I like the way you think eclecticbuddha 8)
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

EclecticBuddha

• FSP Participant
  • Carlos Baerga Is the Greatest Man Since Iron Man
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2005, 11:21:50 am »

my only problem with NH is there are no good small market sports teams nearby... small market= cheap seats... and dont speak so soon pooky, i havent spewed enough unintelligible bull yet in here... all i have to do now is wait for a nice cheap secluded shanty with plenty of trees around... clean too, im not living in a dump and im not moving to NH to remodel another damn house.

sroerick

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2005, 06:49:41 pm »

No. Sorry. Being able to join while you are under 18 is a dumb move.

I'm thirteen, and I hate it. I hate not being able to work, I hate my parents having complete control over my life (I don't want this to come out too strong. I love my parents, but I want to make my own decisions.) I hate it. I want that changed. Think about it; is letting people join before they can actually move a good idea? As much as I would love to move straight to NH, I can't. It's illegal. Get it together, children; we are trying to push the liberitarian agenda, and falsifying FSP numbers is _NOT_ the best way to do this.

Im 17, and I joined when I was 15, using my dad's ID for the voting process (he's sort of friendly to the idea but not a member yet... give him one more tax increase)

Its really a load of bullshit that they dont let people under 18 sign up... i mean at the present rate of growth we arent gonna have 20,000 for at least another 10 years. And dont fucking call me a pessimist check out the stats... rounding up we get 15 members per week... thats 780 per year... we need rounding down 13,000 more people, so thats like 17 years there...

ERGO babies can join. hell even fetuses. even better... if you're an egg inside a fully developed female fetus, you can join.
As glad as I am that you joined, and I'm sure you won't have a problem, as you will certainly be 18 by the time you are required to move, I'm sorry. Activist fetuses are no different than any other fetuses, and normal fetuses don't help the cause much.

Gabo

• FSP Participant
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2005, 09:16:21 pm »

Why not let minors join with the options of "moving within 5 years of graduation", etc.

There's no reason a minor can't make decisions for themself anyway.

PS:  WOW!  Thirteen is definitely the youngest I've ever seen.  Good for you!  I always thought I was youngest at 15.

PPS:  Anyone as young as 15/16 going to Porcfest?  Because I REALLY want to go for vacation this summer, but feel like I would look awkward being half the age of most people there.
I love my country!

It's my government that sucks...

sroerick

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2005, 09:21:06 pm »

What would be the point? They could always sign up when they are no longer a minor, and then it doesn't skew the numbers if they become an adult after the FSP gets 20000 members.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

anything