Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: College recomendations from NH residents  (Read 3105 times)

JasonM

• FSP Participant
  • Suceed or Fail, We'll not regret being part of FSP
College recomendations from NH residents
« on: October 20, 2003, 04:09:21 am »

I need to find a decent pre-med program in a not-to-hard to get into college located in NH fairly soon.  I already am participating in this topic in the Education board, but I thought for those residents who probably never look there, that I could catch you here.  The link to get to the thread is:
http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?board=35;action=display;threadid=3682
A reply there or here would be very helpfull, thanks.
Jason on www.freestatecafe.org forums.

jgmaynard

• FSP Shadow Advertising
  • FSP Participant
    • The Light of Alexandria
Re:College recomendations from NH residents
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2003, 12:18:51 pm »

Hey Jason:

Just asked someone who would know....... Turns out Dartmouth is the only pre-med school in the state. BUT there are numerous nursing programs going on throughout NH, and hospitals are always looking for people to work as nurses. Maybe you might think of getting into one of those 1 year programs, then get out and make $18-21/hr?
Could maybe do med school later after working in hospitals a bit, and saving up $$$. Just an option.

JM
The Light of Alexandria By James Maynard

A history of the first 1,000 years of science, and how it changed the ancient world, and our world today.

http://www.lightofalexandria.com

hardlined

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2004, 12:55:01 pm »

I'm pretty sure UNH has a premed/prenursing program..

Mike Lorrey

• FSP Participant
  • Live Free and Never Die
    • The International Libertarian
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2004, 04:57:45 pm »

Hey Jason:

Just asked someone who would know....... Turns out Dartmouth is the only pre-med school in the state. BUT there are numerous nursing programs going on throughout NH, and hospitals are always looking for people to work as nurses. Maybe you might think of getting into one of those 1 year programs, then get out and make $18-21/hr?
Could maybe do med school later after working in hospitals a bit, and saving up $$$. Just an option.

JM

The pre-med program is not that hard to get into. Dartmouth admissions are highly dependent upon what your intended major is. If you are just doing liberal arts, then they are going to be very hard to get into.

Dartmouth also has extension classes which are not highly publicized.

The International Libertarian: The Journal of Liberty For Everyone, Everywhere, All The Time

Mike Lorrey

• FSP Participant
  • Live Free and Never Die
    • The International Libertarian
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2004, 04:58:27 pm »

So does Plymouth State as well, I believe, at least they have a nursing school.
The International Libertarian: The Journal of Liberty For Everyone, Everywhere, All The Time

J

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2004, 10:30:51 pm »

Plymouth is a public university. Libertarians aren't supposed to go to public universities.

bostnfound

• FSP Participant
  • llama's are tasty!
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2004, 10:47:35 pm »

Plymouth is a public university. Libertarians aren't supposed to go to public universities.

Should libertarians not have their garbage picked up either?  

Libertarians should work towards limiting government using some governmental services should be fine.  Also, this person would likely pay out-of-state tuition, which would be paying the full share of what it costs the school to educate them.

freedomroad

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2004, 03:34:10 pm »

Also, this person would likely pay out-of-state tuition, which would be paying the full share of what it costs the school to educate them.

Either way, we don't even know if the person is a libertarian, and you are right, if a libertarian has no problem using a state college (than it is not a problem.)  From what I understand, there are only a couple colleges in the nation that don't take federal funds, anyway.  Hinsdale is the most famous of these non-government controlled colleges, and it is not in NH.
Pages: [1]   Go Up