Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: See you in the free state!  (Read 5625 times)

trailblazer

• I'm a llama!
See you in the free state!
« on: October 02, 2003, 10:33:00 pm »

Hello everyone!  I am a 20 year old college student who signed up for the Free State Project about a year ago.  Quite frankly, I forgot about it in the meantime.  I never expected 5000 to sign up for this.  You see, I am surrounded by so many statists (being a student and all...) that I forget that I am not the only one who loves freedom.

ANYWAY, I was so thrilled when I heard that this was really happening.  And I am definitely coming up to New Hampshire once I finish school.  I just wanted to thank everyone for participating in this.  I really feel that we can make a difference.

So, please people, let's put our differences behind us.  We have too much work ahead of us to argue amongst ourselves.   :-\

Liberty in our lifetime!  :)

citizen_142002

• Friend of the FSP
  • I'm a llama!
Re:See you in the free state!
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2003, 11:00:36 pm »

See you here. I live in NH and I love it, a bit cold at times but it's a lovely state and I feel it's the best one to launch a free state. I agree we need solidarity to make this work. I'll see you here soon ;)

rdeacon

• FSP Participant
  • Six Years Into a Ten Year Sojourn
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2003, 04:09:07 pm »

Hey trailblazer - you should consider Keene.  It has a young population, it's a decent-sized city (25K population), and its in a low-population county so it doesn't have that annoying Merrimack Valley "city" feel to it.  We also are a hotbed of liberalism (6 out of 7 of Keene's NH House reps are Dems, in a state thats 65% republican).  We need a lot of help.  Lucky for us, house prices are low, renting isn't too bad, and you're close to everything without being stuck in a city like Manchester (nothing against Manchester, but Keene rules).  Plus we're close to NY, MA, and VT.

daveneu

• You have no idea! But I do...
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2003, 04:04:19 am »

Hi there,
 Â    Just wanted to say hello. Being new here and feeling my way around, I just wanted to add my support to the cause. Oddly enough, last year (before we had heard of the free state project) my wife and I bought a five acre property in Lisbon, NH. We had been trailer camping in the area for a few years and jumped on the opportunity. Basically, we are in the middle of developing a five acre campsite for our "getaways." We hope to move up in the next few years. You couldn't find a nicer area to move to. I couldn't be happier that NH was chosen for this project. It gives me an even greater desire to make the move. Again, just wanted to say "hi!"

Dave

:D

Updated July 15th 2005 - Our five acre campsite is complete. We love it up here and will move up full time when I retire (four more years) from teaching in Messytwosheets (I'm being polite).
« Last Edit: July 15, 2005, 05:09:28 pm by daveneu »
Dave N.
The world of me in an easy-to-take capsule

jhiggin

• FSP Participant
  • #libertarian (efnet, irc)
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2003, 11:03:37 am »

what areas of nh have alot of IT jobs and are there any areas where it would not be too hard to live w/o a car.  (i have one but i hate driving in snow)

rdeacon

• FSP Participant
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2003, 12:33:11 pm »

Merrimack valley.  The three big cities have a lot of IT positions.  You might want to check out Manchester, it has a pop of about 100,000 and you really don't need a car if you live in the town center.

Dalamar49

• FSP Participant
  • I smoked out the sheriff and his deputy! : )
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2003, 01:18:31 pm »

Does Keene have much in the way of accounting/finance jobs? That's my major and I'd like to put it to good use after I get out of college.
Get up, stand up, stand up for your right. Don't give up the fight.

rdeacon

• FSP Participant
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2003, 10:21:07 am »

I've seen some.  There are more than a few accounting and insurance firms around here.  I've also seen actuarial positions.  I usually check www.monster.com, www.hotjobs.com, www.flipdog.com, and www.careerbuilder.com.

LeRuineur6

• FSP Participant
  • Act decisively. Without reserve!
    • Liberty Scholarship Fund
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2003, 08:29:22 pm »

So, please people, let's put our differences behind us.  We have too much work ahead of us to argue amongst ourselves.   :-\

That is an extremely wise quote if I do say so myself!  :)

Looks like I should be in NH in less than 4 months! :) :)
Please donate $5 to $10 per month to the Liberty Scholarship Fund!
"Noncooperation is intended to pave the way to real, honorable, and voluntary cooperation based on mutual respect and trust." -Gandhi
Pages: [1]   Go Up