Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: reporter seeking FSP members, doubters, etc.  (Read 4296 times)

Barrick

• I'm a llama!
reporter seeking FSP members, doubters, etc.
« on: October 02, 2003, 09:14:21 pm »

Hello FSP members,
Please forgive me for intruding into your forum. I am a reporter with the Concord Monitor, and have been following the activities of the FSP for several months. I stopped by in Lancaster when members visited NH over the summer, and was in NYC this week for the announcement.
Now that NH has been chosen as the setting for the project, I'd be interested in speaking with folks who are excited, disappointed, or whatever about the decision. How has it changed the nature of the project, or your involvement with it? Do you think NH is a great choice or a poor one for the project's future? Anybody ready to move up here immediately? Anyone dropping out because they were pulling for another state to win?
If you'd like to speak to me, please send an email to dbarrick@cmonitor.com, preferably with a phone number, and we can hook up.
Thanks,
Dan

Rearden

• FSP Participant
  • We're supposed to be activists, remember?
    • Free State Project
Re:reporter seeking FSP members, doubters, etc.
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2003, 10:07:08 pm »

I've been interviewed by Dan Barrick several times, and can vouch for his accuracy in terms of quotes, etc.  He's more reliable than the average media vulture, er, reporter.  

Although, Dan, I was a bit astonished to find a description of myself on the front page of  today's Monitor, "whooping it up at the hotel bar," having drunk a bottle of champagne in my "tailored blue suit."

Geez, I'm a grad student.  It was Jos. A. Banks, fer cryin' out loud!

The champagne was White Star, however.  Very nice.
Government can do only one thing: It can break your legs, hand you a crutch, and say, "See?  If not for the government you couldn't walk."

Elizabeth

• Former FSP Vice President
  • Someone has to ask the tough questions...
    • Free State Project
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2003, 01:00:29 pm »

Yeah, well, Dan's the one who said I reminded him of a "third-grade teacher."  :'(

George Reich

• FSP Participant
  • Global Moderator
  • I just *love* it when Hank and Dagny brainstorm!
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2003, 02:06:28 pm »

I thought of it as a compliment, Elizabeth. Besides, many FSP'ers seemed to agree with the assessment!  ;)

As I told you before, though, you happen to remind me more of my fourth grade teacher...

If everyone were rich there would be no need for government assistance. If everyone were rich all children could attend private schools. If everyone were rich, government would become superfluous. Read the free e-book at this site:

http://www.scienceofgettingrich.net

BedfordCSE

• Connecting with freedom lovers everywhere.
    • Bedford Citizens for a Sound Economy (local chapter)
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2003, 03:53:09 pm »

Be very careful of how you allow the press to DEFINE YOU OR OTHER FSPers. Some will seek to make this an impression that will stick in the minds of residents and it may not be what you want it to be.

The press you control is the one you own.
Not many can be trusted save for the MUL.

Elizabeth

• Former FSP Vice President
  • Someone has to ask the tough questions...
    • Free State Project
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2003, 01:09:36 pm »

I thought of it as a compliment, Elizabeth. Besides, many FSP'ers seemed to agree with the assessment!  ;)

Yeah, I was just teasing.   :)

Dan's a good guy, his coverage has been pretty fair.
Pages: [1]   Go Up