Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Finding your new home in the Free State!!!  (Read 11775 times)

thistlewind

• I'm a llama!
Finding your new home in the Free State!!!
« on: September 09, 2003, 08:52:31 am »

Buying A New Home In The Free State?
Selling Your Current Home For The Move?
Contiribute To The FSP When You BUY/SELL At No Cost To You!!!!
[/b]

Fellow Freedom Lovers,

As we approach the moment of glory with announcement of the free state on October 1st, I would like to turn the discussion to real estate and housing arrangements in our new state.  Being a real estate agent in Atlanta, Georgia, I have anticipated this need and have prepared an extensive referral network of “friendly” real estate professionals in each of the proposed states.  All of the agents agree with the basic tenets of the project and are interested in helping porcupines find a place to call home once the announcement has been made.  

So, how does this benefit the FSP financially?  It is common for agents to pay referral fees when one agent brings them a client that goes to closing; often times representing twenty percent or more of the agent’s commission from the sale.  I am offering to make a donation back to the FSP of 50% of any referral fees stemming from Free-Stators who utilize my referral system! The good news is that this is at no additional net cost to you, as the referral fee comes directly our of the selling or buying agents commission!  

For Example: On the sale of a $100K home, and assuming a 3% commission to the buyer’s agent, that agent would receive approximately $3000 for his efforts at closing.  If the agent received the buyer through the FSP referral network, and agreed to pay a 20% fee, this would result in $600 paid to me.  I would then make a separate charitable donation of $300 to the FSP!  When you consider the eventuality of 20, 000 members moving to the free state, this proposal has the potential to give the FSP a very significant financial foundation to begin the necessary work in pursuit of freedom in our lifetimes!

Also, this proposal is not limited only to the purchase of new homes in the free state, but may be utilized when members choose to sell their existing homes as well!  Although I have not prepared a network for each state as of yet, I do have access to an extensive network of agents, and would be willing to help Free-Stators locate agents in their current hometowns.  Even if you already have an idea of whom you will be using to sell your home, if you approach them through this referral system, the FSP will receive a generous donation resulting from the sale of your home that they would not ordinarily receive!  

In preparing for the move, I would also like to offer our extensive buyer and seller resources available at www.kennycook.net  for your use.  You will find information on things you can do NOW to maximize the sale price of your home, reduce the time on market, and start analyzing your needs when searching for a new home.  And of course, if you have any specific questions, please feel free to contact me directly…I can never get enough of helping fellow porc’s realize their dreams!  

Sean Casey
The Kenny Cook Team
Keller Williams Realty
404-246-6486
sean@kennycook.net
www.kennycook.net

When you love what you do it really shows...and we LOVE it!!!
[/size]

« Last Edit: September 09, 2003, 08:56:59 am by thistlewind »
People unfit for freedom - who cannot do much with it - are hungry for power. The desire for freedom is an attribute of a "have" type of self. It says: leave me alone and I shall grow, learn, and realize my capacities. The desire for power is basically an attribute of a "have not&

RidleyReport

• FSP Participant
Re:Finding your new home in the Free State!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2003, 01:46:24 pm »

Thanks Thistle!  I'll be checking back with this thread as I get closer to the move.
http://RidleyReport.com
http://NHexit.com - If Britain can do it, New Hampshire can do it

SethA

• FSP Participant
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2003, 10:25:28 pm »

Sean,  I am a little puzzled by this proposal as you apparently are not a licensed real estate agent in any of the 10 candidate states. As I understand it, you want us to sign up with you and you will then ask the actual real estate agent for 20% of his commission. You will then make a $300 donation (or is it 50% of your fee?) to the FSP.

What type of agency agreement would you have us sign that would be binding in a state where you are not licensed?

I believe that most real estate agents would donate $300 if asked to close a real estate deal, its not much in the scale of a real estate transaction.

thistlewind

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2003, 08:20:15 am »

Sean,  I am a little puzzled by this proposal as you apparently are not a licensed real estate agent in any of the 10 candidate states. As I understand it, you want us to sign up with you and you will then ask the actual real estate agent for 20% of his commission. You will then make a $300 donation (or is it 50% of your fee?) to the FSP.

What type of agency agreement would you have us sign that would be binding in a state where you are not licensed?

I believe that most real estate agents would donate $300 if asked to close a real estate deal, its not much in the scale of a real estate transaction.

SLA,  

All good questions, please allow me to clarify:  

You are correct in your statement that I am not licensed in any of the candidate states, nor do I need to be licensed in that state in order to provide referalls to agents in the selected state. This would be different if I were to be actually buying/selling properties in the eventual state.  

Many agents spend a large portion of thier time developing leads and are willing to provide a referall fee for the delivery of a qualified buyer/seller that is moving to thier area.  I, in turn, am willing to make a seperate charitable donation to the FSP for any referalls stemming from members.  

There would be no agency/client relationship between FSP members and myself, as I am only providing factual information to persons seeking it (vs. opinions and subjective advice in an agency relationship).  The agency relationship would be established directly with the agent in the new state.  

As stated above, I have established an extensive list of agents in each state, and you are likely correct that most agents would not mind making a small contribution to a charitable cause as a result of a sale.  However,  I AM seeking a way to make some money for the work I have done in establshing the referall network, and I think of anyone, the readers of this board would empathise with this notion, but I am also willing to recognize (financially) that the opportunity for the referall network only exists because of the effort of everyone here!  

Just to satisfy your curiousity, this is an outline of the process I will be using:

-Recieve FSP referall contact (via phone, e-mail).
-Complete contact sheet for prospective referall.
-Complete basic needs analasys for prospective referall.
-Contact Agent(s) in referalls desired localle
-Negotiate referall terms
-Obtain signed referall contract with local agent
-Track referall to closing
-Obtain referall fee (post closing)
-Provide charitable donation to FSP equal to 50% of referall fee.
-Issue thank you note to agent and FSP customer.    

Thanks for your support and keep those questions comming!  
« Last Edit: September 15, 2003, 08:28:47 am by thistlewind »
People unfit for freedom - who cannot do much with it - are hungry for power. The desire for freedom is an attribute of a "have" type of self. It says: leave me alone and I shall grow, learn, and realize my capacities. The desire for power is basically an attribute of a "have not&

SethA

• FSP Participant
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2003, 08:43:07 am »

Thanks for the clarification.

I'm also eagerly awaiting the FSP state selection.

thistlewind

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2003, 12:19:42 pm »

Bump

BG

• Politics Cafe
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2003, 04:46:50 am »

The Northern New England real estate network (NNEREN). I believe they have all the listings of every town in New Hampshire, as well as Maine and Vermont and they are searchable. A very simplified way of looking at housing in New Hampshire is the farther you get from Massachusetts the cheaper it gets.
The dragon that hid the moon is gone, The bloodsucker has vanished into the abyss. Let me taste this day like the ripest of dates, And come tomorrow to talk about the days to come.

http://www.politicscafe.com

Sycophants Go Home

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2003, 07:20:03 am »

You are correct--NHRE switched over to NNE Real Estate from the previously used MLS (multiple listing service).  The only listings NOT in NNERE are the 'for-sale-by-owner' properties--I'd recommend 'I sold my house dot com' for some of those...

PS--this guy is merely looking to be a buyer's representative, and while I credit his ambition, I question his motive... :o

Mike Lorrey

• FSP Participant
  • Live Free and Never Die
    • The International Libertarian
NH Realtors
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2003, 06:22:21 pm »

Hey all, my brother, David Lorrey, is a real estate agent in Plymouth, NH and is totally psyched at the prospect of everybody moving here. He wants your business!

David is an avid hunter and fisherman and shares many libertarian opinions, though  he is not politically active himself. He finished building a log home of his own last year with his wife in Plymouth, where he has resided since his college days at Plymouth State College.

David is a very good resource on the real estate not only of the lakes and mountain region, but the north country of Co-os county as well. You can contact him at his office at: 603-536-7750. He has been briefed on the FSP and its members and will do his best for you, no matter what your real estate needs are.

He is a REMAX agent.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2003, 03:35:21 pm by Elizabeth »
The International Libertarian: The Journal of Liberty For Everyone, Everywhere, All The Time

friendofFSP

• I'm a llama!
Re:NH based realtor wants to serve YOU
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2003, 06:26:14 pm »

Hey Mike thats great info. Once the site changes please be sure to say this again on the real estate part. I'm looking at Coos for my new home in the next year or so and I would definately use him.

Top Dollar

• I took the red pill.
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2003, 12:51:03 pm »

I tried using NNERE but it won't let me search the way I want.  I would like to search the entire state instead of specifying a given location.  Also, you have to keep reselecting the locations every time you do a search.  Are there any alternatives?
Hey, Wow!  Your planet is bright!

U.S. Constitution Text:  http://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/constitution.text.html
U.S. Founding Documents:  http://www.constitution.org/cs_found.htm

Top Dollar

• I took the red pill.
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2003, 12:52:51 pm »

PS--this guy is merely looking to be a buyer's representative, and while I credit his ambition, I question his motive... :o

What's wrong with this?
Hey, Wow!  Your planet is bright!

U.S. Constitution Text:  http://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/constitution.text.html
U.S. Founding Documents:  http://www.constitution.org/cs_found.htm

Elizabeth

• Former FSP Vice President
  • Someone has to ask the tough questions...
    • Free State Project
NH Realtors
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2003, 03:34:59 pm »

To Whom It May Concern,

I agree to many of your ideas and I'm here to assist. Being in the real estate business the focus is to transplant many of your followers. Check out my site it is very easy to find any property within the state.

http://www.realestate-n-nh.com   then click Search Local MLS

I will add your link to my site.

Great that the governor supports your cause and I believe his business ideas will then transfer to a logical streamlined approach to government.

Wish you much success,

Paul  Mausteller
e-mail: Paul@realestate-n-nh.com

Elizabeth

• Former FSP Vice President
  • Someone has to ask the tough questions...
    • Free State Project
Re:NH Realtors
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2003, 03:57:00 pm »

Elizabeth,
Please let me know if there is anything we can do for you and your membership.
On our website http://www.pruverani.com you will be able to view every piece of land, multi-family, mobile or single family home currently for sale in the state.
We would be happy to be of service.
Thank you,
Stephen McGuire
Internet Sales Marketing Director
Prudential Verani Realty
smcguire@pruverani.com
603-434-2377 ext 2198

http://www.pruverani.com

rdeacon

• FSP Participant
  • Six Years Into a Ten Year Sojourn
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2003, 11:29:16 pm »

If you're looking in the city of Keene, or anywhere in Cheshire county, here's a good company that helped us out:

www.c21thackston.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up