Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: College student looking to move and help out...  (Read 4595 times)

silent_trees

• I'm a llama!
College student looking to move and help out...
« on: October 02, 2003, 06:04:20 pm »

hi, i'm a 20 yr old first year college student from ohio.  i would be very willing to move to new hampshire and do anything i can to help.

however i do not have any skills.

idealy i would like to move there work, go to college and participate in the free state project.

my question is:  would there be any opportunity for someone like me?  are there any jobs with no experience required?

please let me know.

Sycophants Go Home

• I'm a llama!
Re:College student looking to move and help out...
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2003, 06:10:11 pm »

That's pretty wide open...what exactly have you the tolerance for?  waiting tables?  muling for druglords?  pimping?  

but seriously...if you are industrious and ambitious...then the world can be your oyster--what are you studying and what are you looking towards in your reality?  

silent_trees

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2003, 06:45:46 pm »

lol, yeah i was just thinking of waiting tables or something along those lines.  anything really (minus the drugs and pimping!).  i dont know... landscaping, waiting tables, factory job, etc...   pretty much anything that can help get me through college and pay rent.

i am studying conservation/environmental science at school.  if there were low level jobs helping environmental oganizations that i could get involved with.  like an apprenticeship or something...

for instance would there be any jobs working with the free state project.

i am pretty much wide open.  i'm just trying to get a feel for whether or not something like this would be realistic for me.

i suppose its possible for me to go up there and get a job waiting tables and an apartment and see how that works out....

but you know, i want to be actively involved obviously.  and know other members beforehand and know their plans.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2003, 06:48:33 pm by silent_trees »

Equality 7-2521

• FSP Member
  • Global Moderator
  • $$$$ Saving up for moving day $$$$
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2003, 06:57:09 pm »

I think the types of jobs you are looking for are available in any city/state.  Of course the pay is probably not that great and the work may not be overly enjoyable, but it is out there, and if you're only in it for the short term, it wouldn't be so bad.

Since you are going to be a student, then you can live like one :D, meaning sharing an apartment/house with some others from school in the same situation, or possibly living in the dorm.  Eating ramen noodles, drinking cheap beer, etc....so that the somewhat low pay you'll be getting will get you through college, maybe not in high-style, but you'll survive.

I think most of us who went through college went through a similar scheme.

I would hope that eventually there will be some sort of FSP type student organizations on some/most of the campuses in NH.  If not, then you can be the one to start it up, or you can find the local FSPers wherever you wind up and work with them.

Soon we will have some new message forums here to discuss local issues and such.  I'm sure you'll be able to find other members there after you move.

hi, i'm a 20 yr old first year college student from ohio.  i would be very willing to move to new hampshire and do anything i can to help.

however i do not have any skills.

idealy i would like to move there work, go to college and participate in the free state project.

my question is:  would there be any opportunity for someone like me?  are there any jobs with no experience required?

please let me know.
"Taxes are the way people join hands to get good things done. That's the tradition of Minnesota." - Former MN Gov. Elmer L. Andersen

See Why I'm ready to move?

silent_trees

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2003, 08:03:16 pm »

you'll have to excuse me if i sound a little ignorant right now, but have only recently found out about this organization.... but when is everyone moving?

Penfist

• FSP Participant
  • Work together to build something that lasts.
    • Penfist
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2003, 08:32:27 pm »

The activists among us are moving as quickly as financially feasible. I expect to move within 6-12 months.

you'll have to excuse me if i sound a little ignorant right now, but have only recently found out about this organization.... but when is everyone moving?
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.
--Thomas Jefferson

Paul Ott

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2003, 02:52:21 am »

"The Participation Guidelines state that once we reach 20,000 members, everyone has five years to move to the selected state. The Participation Guidelines do not specify a requisite time period before reaching 20,000 members. However, the assumption has always been that if 20,000 is not close at hand within five years of the launch of the Free State Project (officially September 1st, 2001), the Project will fold. To get 20,000 signers by September 2006, we will need approximately 15 new signatures per day on average. Current projections based on historical geometric growth show that we should reach 20,000 in late 2005 or early 2006."

Hope that helps.

Sincerely,
- Paul
"Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength."

RidleyReport

• FSP Participant
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2003, 04:28:05 pm »

Silent:

You may already know this but the character who initially responded to you, Sycophants, is an opponent of the FSP and that was why he answered you as harshly as he did.  Free Staters themselves don't generally treat prospective members that way.

Glad you're interested.
http://RidleyReport.com
http://NHexit.com - If Britain can do it, New Hampshire can do it
Pages: [1]   Go Up