Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Are Y'all Ready to Move to NH?  (Read 28750 times)

Dalamar49

• FSP Participant
  • I smoked out the sheriff and his deputy! : )
Re:Are Y'all Ready to Move to NH?
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2003, 09:16:31 am »

Yeah, F the bloody Guardian! I used to like reading them for their antiwar articles, but consider them boycotted now.

Bloody Limies!!!  >:(
Get up, stand up, stand up for your right. Don't give up the fight.

kharmajunkie(will)

• FSP Participant
  • cycling to New Hampshire!
    • kharmajunkie/will
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2003, 11:19:37 am »

The scumbag "Guardian" writer should be writing for a supermarket tabloid.  He made the FSP sound like it's full
of dopers that don't want to pay their taxes or support schools.  Oh, did I offend someone by paraphrasing; well
that's more of a chance than the dickhead writer gave us.  Remember, there is no free press in Britain.
Words we say, never seem to live up to the ones inside our heads.  Chris Cornell

Reaper

• FSP Participant
  • Atheism cures religious terrorism!
    • The Reaper's Den
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2003, 11:25:07 am »

But Will . . .

We dont want to pay taxes or support schools (except parents supporting their chosen private school) . . . and some of us are dopeheads.    ;)

« Last Edit: October 01, 2003, 11:26:04 am by Reaper »
Reaper
Proud member of the FSP's lunatic fringe!

"If we turn from battle because there is little hope of victory, where then would valor be?  Let it ever be the goal that stirs us, not the odds."

Zack Bass

« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2003, 11:37:16 am »

The scumbag "Guardian" writer should be writing for a supermarket tabloid.  He made the FSP sound like it's full
of dopers that don't want to pay their taxes or support schools.

What about that makes him a scumbag?  Few of us favor imprisoning dope merchants and users.  Do any of us favor Compulsory Education?  Do any of us recognize the right of a Government to Force us to pay for Schools?

cathleeninsc

« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2003, 11:50:18 am »

I called my husband at work with the news and his response was, "What college football team do I pull for now?"

Any suggestions??
Cathleen in SC

Reaper

• FSP Participant
  • Atheism cures religious terrorism!
    • The Reaper's Den
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2003, 12:26:09 pm »

"But Francis Tyers, a 20-year-old University of Wales student, who studies in Aberystwyth but is currently on placement with the computer giant Hewlett Packard in Ireland, said Alaska would have been his first choice. "I specified on my membership form that I would move when they had legalised the cultivation of marijuana. I'm hoping that this will be one of the first things on their agenda. And secession from the United States would be great," he said. "

"It is this kind of radical idea that Prof Sorens emphasises is not the FSP's main thrust. "We have no wish to alienate the people of New Hampshire. We want to win them over," he said."

Actually, I found this to be the most disturbing part.
Reaper
Proud member of the FSP's lunatic fringe!

"If we turn from battle because there is little hope of victory, where then would valor be?  Let it ever be the goal that stirs us, not the odds."

Zack Bass

« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2003, 12:29:44 pm »

"It is this kind of radical idea that Prof Sorens emphasises is not the FSP's main thrust. "We have no wish to alienate the people of New Hampshire. We want to win them over," he said."

Actually, I found this to be the most disturbing part.

Alienate one part of the New Hampshire population, Liberate another part.  It's half of one and six dozen of the other.
Pander to the moderates, alienate the libertarians.
Remember, some of New Hampshire's population is libertarian, and so are a million others in the U.S.  Is it worth alienating them?

Jason needs to learn that one man's Mede is another man's Persian.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2003, 12:36:42 pm by Zack Bass »

jhfenton

• FSP Participant
  • Civilly Disobedient
    • The Long Run
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2003, 12:38:51 pm »

I called my husband at work with the news and his response was, "What college football team do I pull for now?"

Any suggestions??
Cathleen in SC

Any school but Dartmouth. I could never pull for Dartmouth.

Go Harvard!

LeRuineur6

• FSP Participant
  • Act decisively. Without reserve!
    • Liberty Scholarship Fund
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2003, 12:48:02 pm »

In my opinion, we must deal with the public school problem first.

Think what will happen if you do something else first.  What type of people will it attract?  Will that hurt the libertarian atmosphere?
Please donate $5 to $10 per month to the Liberty Scholarship Fund!
"Noncooperation is intended to pave the way to real, honorable, and voluntary cooperation based on mutual respect and trust." -Gandhi

BillG

« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2003, 12:50:46 pm »

Any suggestions??
Cathleen in SC

How do you feel about UNH Hockey who played in the frozen four finals last year?

George Reich

• FSP Participant
  • Global Moderator
  • I just *love* it when Hank and Dagny brainstorm!
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2003, 12:51:03 pm »

I consider homeschooling liberalization and the public school problem to be very low hanging fruit.  ;)
If everyone were rich there would be no need for government assistance. If everyone were rich all children could attend private schools. If everyone were rich, government would become superfluous. Read the free e-book at this site:

http://www.scienceofgettingrich.net

LeRuineur6

• FSP Participant
  • Act decisively. Without reserve!
    • Liberty Scholarship Fund
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2003, 12:52:33 pm »

I consider homeschooling liberalization and the public school problem to be very low hanging fruit.  ;)

Excellent!

Do you have any idea what will happen to the state's political landscape if the schooling problem is dealt with FIRST?
Please donate $5 to $10 per month to the Liberty Scholarship Fund!
"Noncooperation is intended to pave the way to real, honorable, and voluntary cooperation based on mutual respect and trust." -Gandhi

Dalamar49

• FSP Participant
  • I smoked out the sheriff and his deputy! : )
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2003, 12:52:40 pm »

How is the medical marijuana movement doing in NH? Its a low hangin' fruit in some states, but I don't know how the NorthEast US views it.
Get up, stand up, stand up for your right. Don't give up the fight.

Karl

« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2003, 12:55:14 pm »

In my opinion, we must deal with the public school problem first.

Think what will happen if you do something else first.  What type of people will it attract?  Will that hurt the libertarian atmosphere?

I agree.  This is the first "big issue" we should tackle.  By winning this issue, we reduce the size government by a huge margin, reduce taxes substantially, introduce true school choice, and end the influence of a powerful statist lobby.  This could likely take years to make happen.

Dave Mincin

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2003, 12:57:55 pm »

Boston College is in the Big East...I'm told it is not to far if you are a sports fan!

Hell  if Jim can get me rooting for the Red Sox, anything is possible! :D
Please join us!
http://www.nhliberty.org/ New Hampshire Liberty Alliance.

" A leader knows that if he is generous with his time, his people will be generous with their effort."

Plug>>>>Realtor Lovejoy Real Estate!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up