Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Hampshire Information  (Read 10094 times)

Stan

• FSP Participant
  • Lets Roll!
    • Free State Ads
Re:New Hampshire Information
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2003, 01:42:33 pm »

Bring your bug dope, because black flies and noseeums have been advised of your impending arrival!

I'm from Florida.  I've gone up against the "Florida Air Force" (that's what we call the legions of mosquitos, gnats and yellow flies down there).  New Hampshire bugs don't scare me.
We are not afraid to follow truth wherever it may lead, nor to tolerate any error so long as reason is left free to combat it.
-- Thomas Jefferson

Check out FreeStateAds, a classified ads service for Porcupines!
http://www.freestateads.com/ads

JonM

• First 1000
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2003, 02:04:58 pm »

I grew up in S. Florida, and while I've never seen anything the size of a palmetto bug flying around up here (I'm currently 20 miles S of NH), the black flies can be really annoying for a few weeks a year.  This may be why I always have a can of Deep Woods Off in my backpack, which is almost always in my vehicle.

The Naked Porcupine

• Sometimes, you just have to set your quills aside!
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2003, 04:41:02 pm »

Here's a neat site with links to a bunch of NH maps:

http://www.mapathon.com/nh.html

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2003, 08:48:32 pm »

.... I am going to convert the site at www.freestatenh.com to a portal for information on helping people move to NH....
JM
Thanks all you NH people,
     I will keep checking your page JM. And since NH did win I will be taking you up on the microbrew offer when we meet. :)
      This is just the right info we need(specific $ amounts for housing etc.) I moved to WY this summer but want to move to NH asap so thanks for the helpful info.
     We are losing our colorful leaves in WY already. Are they still alive and kicking in NH?
Russell
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

Sons of Liberty

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2003, 09:12:08 pm »

I live with my wife and 9 year-old son in Londonderry, which is situated south of Manchester and east of Nashua.  I honestly love living in this town.  There are a lot of good people and nice places to live.  Recently, I was appointed to our Planning Board, which I am quite excited about.

Yeh, the mosquito is our State Bird, but you know what, you put some deet on and they leave you alone.  Our first frost may happen tonight, and that will be the end of them until next spring.  

The leaves are turning quickly.  Pretty soon, we'll have the visitors from south of our border coming up to view them.  But they will soon pass until the skiing starts.  

This location is nicely situated in that I can get to the beach in about 50 minutes, Boston in about 45, and the mountains in a little over an hour.  There is a lifetime of outdoor activities up here to enjoy, and I look forward to the influx of FSP members!

If anyone is interested in this area, let me know and I'll try to help out.  

Best regards,
Paul D.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2003, 09:15:03 pm by Sons of Liberty »

Terry 1956

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2003, 01:40:09 pm »

Hi Elwar:

In short, se NH is very historic, has a port and a beach, and is fairly expensive. That's where Michelle Dumas, George Reich and Dan Belforti are from. South central (;) manchester, nashua) is the area of the cities, and most of the better paying jobs and tech work. Rich Tomasso is from there, and Manchester was the last city in the country to elect a Lib state rep (Steve Vaillaincourt, in 2000). Southwest NH (where I am, and Justin Somma - rdeacon - just moved to), is typical quaint New England towns, white churches, etc. Jumanji was partly filmed here in Keene. Central NH is the lakes region, near where Concord is, and just to the west of that is Grafton County, where John Babiarz is... Up north (Coos county) is VERY rural, lots of cheap land, and has towns named Jefferson and Freedom.
Lots more info can be found at
http://www.lpnh.org/nh-municipalities.htm , and you can check out different towns live at www.freestatenhlive.com .
Hope that helps.

JM

Here in a lot of the rural areas of Tenn. a person can buy  some land and build a inexpensive cottage( we built my 320 square feet cabin for 4,500 dollars including septic tank, electric hookup , water line and a long gravel drive) or pull a cheap mobile home on to the property with little or no trouble. Can that be done in a lot of places in NH?

Margot Keyes (SUNSHINE)

• Greeter Coordinator
  • FSP Participant
  • Mama of a prickle of four porcupine pups
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2004, 11:58:39 pm »

Hi folks - sorry if this is found somewhere else, but I thought this thread might prove an appropriate place-- has anyone thought of updating Michelle Dumas' EXCELLENT "101 reasons to VOTE FOR New Hampshire as the Free State" , to be changed to "MOVE TO" ..."since it has been chosen as the Free State"?

Not only would this be a great download for folks to get to know our new home better, but I ask for selfish reasons also as this would be a wealth of info. when I "present our case" and help keep fellow libertarians informed at the MN LP convention in April 2004.

Thanks a bunch for a reply!  If I can help- please advise.  

Have a great day!
Margot Keyes
Any alleged 'right' of one man, which necessitates the violation of the rights of another, is not and cannot be a right.
-- Ayn Rand

Whitewolf

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2004, 05:29:42 am »

Based on Rental and Property Value in NH, I think I will stay on my farm in Iowa.  I have a 10 Acre Farm, 2000 square foot Home, 5 Barns, and Peace on Earth. Everyone Waves at you when you drive by, whether you know them or not, and the land is valueable for gardening or farming.
For 60,000.00...
You guys really need to check out Iowa, you can get a lot more here! :D

jgmaynard

• FSP Shadow Advertising
  • FSP Participant
    • The Light of Alexandria
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2004, 10:20:14 am »

You guys really need to check out Iowa, you can get a lot more here! :D

Except freedom.

Best of luck to you.

JM
The Light of Alexandria By James Maynard

A history of the first 1,000 years of science, and how it changed the ancient world, and our world today.

http://www.lightofalexandria.com

mogger

• NH Welcome Wagon Representative
  • FSP Participant
  • Rokon Ed here!
    • allroutes.to
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2004, 10:33:02 pm »

Some Northern New Hampshire info here:

http://www.greatnorthwoods.org

http://www.allroutes.to

edsanders@edsanders.com
Member: F&AM, American Legion, Northeast Willys Jeep Organization, Vermont Military Vehicles Collectors Club, Granite State Land Rover Union, New England Mog Appreciation Club, Granite State Mercedes Benz Club,  Amsoil  Direct Jobber.

bookish_lass

« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2004, 03:32:20 am »

http://www.greatnorthwoods.org

http://www.allroutes.to

Nice site!  Thanks for putting that together.  You were great in that Chronicle TV show :)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up