Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multiculturalism  (Read 7986 times)

BillG

Re:Multiculturalism
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2003, 01:23:55 pm »

Late 70's to mid 80's hardcore punk band, to be specific

front man was Henry Rollins of the spokeword famed song "Liar"

read the words to the song - it kind of reminds me of the way society has been sucked into believing the "state" is the answer to all our problems...wrong - LIAR!

http://display.lyrics.astraweb.com:2000/display.cgi?henry_rollins..unknown..liar

MarkMcMorrow

• Conservative Libertarian
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2003, 07:33:22 pm »

I hate to oversimplify, but 'multiculturism' is nothing more than a liberal PC code word for moral relativism.

Mark

Morpheus

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2003, 04:39:51 am »

And what in bloody Hell is a "conservative libertarian"?!

SteveA

• FSP Participant
  • Freedom - Are you man enough to handle it?
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2003, 11:12:58 am »

And what in bloody Hell is a "conservative libertarian"?!

It's what Republicans were suppose to be.
"Fruitless, born a thousand times, lies barren.  Unguided inspiration, yields random motion, circumscribed in destination, going nowhere.  Guidance uninspired, always true in facing, stands immobile.  But fixed upon that destination firmly and with inspiration lofted; beget your dreams."

Morpheus

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2003, 03:22:40 pm »

Well, the GOP DOES spin alot of libertarian rhetoric; Reagan was the best of them all. With his mouth he spoke against the dangers of "big government", and with his pen he made it even bigger.

Now he just drools into a bucket...

citizen_142002

• Friend of the FSP
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2003, 10:26:36 pm »

Note from moderator:  

Citizen:  Ack!  while trying to respond to your post I accidentally hit the "modify" key and destroyed your original message that was posted here!  I apologize and ask that you re-post it if you still have a copy.

As best I can recall and paraphrase it, the original post I so clumsily erased basically said that there is some distrust of multicultralism in NH, that 98 percent of New Hampshire residents are white , that there is some distrust of out-of-staters and that it is important when in rome to do as the romans do.

Again, my apologies.

-Dada
« Last Edit: October 04, 2003, 10:50:46 am by Dada Orwell »

blackflag

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2003, 08:11:31 pm »

Kelton,
Since you already have it in your head that i'm somebody else my denial will probably be a waste of time. But since I have time to waste, I do not post on stormfront.

.. moving on

Multiculturalism wouldn't exist if it weren't for the state constantly imposing it on the masses. I think if left alone, immigrants wouldn't choose to keep solely the identity of their former homelands. Instead, they would choose to melt into the mainstream just as past immigrants have chosen to do. But all of the sudden, the idea of a melting pot has become racist.

I think instead of encouraging ethnic disunity, the state should just butt out. And i'm glad to see that many here agree with me.

-BF

Morpheus

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2003, 05:28:21 am »

In 6th Grade, I was forced to take a semester of Spanish for this very reason. The teacher told us that the reason as to why this was necessary was as result of the fact that "diversity needs to be embraced"; in other words, the State demands that the native population accomodate the immigrants and subscribe ourselves to THEIR culture{s} because forcing them to convert to OUR way of life "would be racist"- and because, really, they are simply too lazy to do so.

I hated that class...

SteveA

• FSP Participant
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2003, 10:43:23 am »

I saw my brother-in-laws college class schedule.  He wants to become an X-ray technician and the list has two classes.  One directly applies, the second is a multicultural class.  I'd prefer to have more skilled technicians than technicians who can understand my special multicultural needs ... and people wonder why American education is in the dumps.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2003, 09:50:21 am by SteveA »
"Fruitless, born a thousand times, lies barren.  Unguided inspiration, yields random motion, circumscribed in destination, going nowhere.  Guidance uninspired, always true in facing, stands immobile.  But fixed upon that destination firmly and with inspiration lofted; beget your dreams."

LifeAndLiberty

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2003, 05:10:31 am »

If you are inferring "multicultrualism" in the sense of the State accomodating immigrants, 'alternative' cultures, etc etc.. then no, this will NOT happen. This is what states like California have done; such is a facet of the Welfare State. The Welfare State will be eliminated in the Free State.

What is wrong with immigration, once the Welfare State has been abolished?

SteveA

• FSP Participant
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2003, 10:08:15 am »

If you are inferring "multicultrualism" in the sense of the State accomodating immigrants, 'alternative' cultures, etc etc.. then no, this will NOT happen. This is what states like California have done; such is a facet of the Welfare State. The Welfare State will be eliminated in the Free State.

What is wrong with immigration, once the Welfare State has been abolished?

He is saying (I believe) that using public education to artificially create more "diversity" than we need isn't desirable.  We need to work more on integrating immigrant groups (including English education) into society instead.

I believe a lot of people here feel immigration will be even better once we remove the racial biasing being currently performed.  In California we are having problems with large numbers of illegal immigrants and the state judges said it was unconstitutional not to give them free public services.  Meanwhile citizens are being asked to pay more for college.  Racial preferences are biased making whites and asians jump ever greater hurdles to get into college.  Free college education for illegals is the next plan here (our legislature, including Gray Davis, just gave them California Drivers Licenses.  These people have no concern for America, they are New World Order folks in my opinion).  The complaints about competing against low paid illegal immigrant labor would not exist if the California government was fair on this.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

anything