Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: A record of what my "little voice" says....  (Read 9224 times)

RidleyReport

• FSP Participant
A record of what my "little voice" says....
« on: September 06, 2003, 12:21:29 am »

When I was a teenager my whole family and I used to watch Magnum, P.I.  "Magnum" used to say he had a little voice which, if he listened to it, told him what was really going on, what was likely to happen in the future, etc.

I have a little voice like that, too, although it's only accurate maybe 1/3rd of the time.   For instance, I remember when the whole Y2K scare was going on...my little voice basically said "The Y2K thing will get a lot of people to improve their preparedness, then nothing will happen.  Preparedness will be discredited, folks will ditch their disaster kits and generators....and *then* something will happen."

And of course that more or less came to pass.  However I never wrote downt that prediction anywhere while it was still just a prediction.

Now I'd like to start... this is where I'll record my "little voice" premonition and we'll see if it's worth listening to as the years unfold.

Post your premonitions too, if you like!

http://RidleyReport.com
http://NHexit.com - If Britain can do it, New Hampshire can do it

RidleyReport

• FSP Participant
Re:A record of what my "little voice" says....
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2003, 12:32:36 am »

OK guys bear in mind that these are just instinctive premontions, not something I have any evidence for.

Here's one...which I hope is wrong.

I have a nagging fear that something will happen with the "Which State" vote, i.e. some kind of Bush-Gore type dispute as to which state won.

Another one...this falls into the "what's really going on" category:

I have this proto-theory that maybe the Bush administration has us in Iraq because they would rather have the bad guys focusing all their attacks on our boys in Iraq rather than our civilians in the States.  Presumably we're better equipped to handle attacks there than we are in handling them all over the U.S.  Kind of like a forward base that draws all the fire while HQ stays relatively safe.   Never heard this suggested anywhere, which I guess makes it more worth mentioning.

LeRuineur6

• FSP Participant
  • Act decisively. Without reserve!
    • Liberty Scholarship Fund
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2003, 10:50:28 am »

My "little voice" says a few things sometimes:

-Ditty about the Which State vote, but evidence suggests something may occur due to a low voter turnout, so this is not entirely a premonition.

-Often I get the feeling that another 9/11 will happen soon and it will be much, much worse than 9/11.  Many people I know feel the same way because of OBL's warning in February of this year that he will carry out "an act of martyrdom later this year in the belly of the Eagle."

-I have premonitions about a terrorist blowing up one of the dams around Baghdad which will flood the entire city and kill everyone in it including my friend who is currently serving in the Army.   :-\

-Sometimes I fear that some unprecedented geological event will happen soon.  Many people fear such an event may occur soon, however, so this is nothing original.
Please donate $5 to $10 per month to the Liberty Scholarship Fund!
"Noncooperation is intended to pave the way to real, honorable, and voluntary cooperation based on mutual respect and trust." -Gandhi

Elizabeth

• Former FSP Vice President
  • Someone has to ask the tough questions...
    • Free State Project
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2003, 09:46:56 am »

My "little voice" says a few things sometimes:

-Ditty about the Which State vote, but evidence suggests something may occur due to a low voter turnout, so this is not entirely a premonition.

What evidence?

LeRuineur6

• FSP Participant
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2003, 12:00:04 pm »

What evidence?

Jason said not many had returned their ballots yet.
"Noncooperation is intended to pave the way to real, honorable, and voluntary cooperation based on mutual respect and trust." -Gandhi

Elizabeth

• Former FSP Vice President
  • Someone has to ask the tough questions...
    • Free State Project
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2003, 12:09:20 pm »

Right, but most people had just gotten them -- most ballots were received in the last week of August.  The deadline isn't until Sept 22.  Don't you think it's premature to worry?

Scott ISMP

• Founder of ISM Project!
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2003, 12:29:46 pm »

my "little voice" always try to interfer with my soical life!  :P

no really though I get these "little voices" alot out of no where I would get one of these.  Usally they are about someone getting in care accidents, someone getting hurt, dead.  

then there is alot of other weird stuff like that.  When I get a little voice saying there is a car accident then like 5 minutes later when I drive by I see this car strike head first into a tree =/ this is just one example of this.

I also listen to my "little voice" if it says dont go some where at that time, and I usally wont I found out that if I dont something bad happends to me or the people I am with.

Scott
ISM Project

LeRuineur6

• FSP Participant
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2003, 12:07:40 pm »

-Often I get the feeling that another 9/11 will happen soon and it will be much, much worse than 9/11.  Many people I know feel the same way because of OBL's warning in February of this year that he will carry out "an act of martyrdom later this year in the belly of the Eagle."

"According to an August USA Today/CNN/Gallup Poll survey, about 80 percent of those asked said they expect another major terror attack."

http://money.cnn.com/2003/09/10/news/companies/wtc_survival/index.htm

RidleyReport

• FSP Participant
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2003, 11:02:27 pm »

One of my little voices has been telling me sometimes that maybe MT will win despite its poor statistics.  The reason:  When I mention the idea of a Free State to people they always seem to leap to the conclusion that it would be Montana.  A lot of our votes will come from folks who give it no more than that first-glance thought.

bIlluminati

• FSP Participant
  • For freedom
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2003, 12:51:41 am »

I have a little voice in my head, too. Sometimes it tells me to do things. Like on August 15, 2003, it told me to read www.freerepublic.com, so I did. I then saw this rant by Dada Orwell. I thought: 1984 in reverse - does that make it 1948? Naw.

[A quiet man who kept to himself] is not yet available in bookstores. I heard that April 18, 1995.

Bill Clinton is Rasputin reincarnated. I forget when I heard that. Maybe the little voice will remind me.

My little voice says that freaky things will happen in the year 2012. See "The Year of the Jackpot" by Robert Heinlein for details.

Sometimes I think I am imagining all this Free State stuff, and that I'm really an extra in "The Matrix". But then I get bills in the mail.

Today is the 23rd. Other famous 23rds in history: Patrick Henry gave a speech 23 March 1885, in Richmond, Virginia. It ends with the phrase "Leave me alone or just frelking kill me."

23 December 1913: A day that will live in infamy (Federal Reserve Act becomes law)

Cum catapultae proscribeantur tum soli proscripti catapultas habeant.

5thconcerto

• Friend of the FSP
  • To live free!
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2004, 07:53:45 pm »

My little voice has a five year lead time, meaning what my voice says will happen, happens in five years. Three years ago my voice said a viable means for extracting hydrogen from water would be found. Two years to go!!

j_freeman

• FSP Participant
  • Disagreeably Disagreeable
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2004, 02:16:46 am »

It ends with the phrase "Leave me alone or just frelking kill me."

"Frelking" or "freaking"? What in Sam Hill does "frelking" mean? ???
Prohibition worked in the '20s, too.

antayla

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2004, 03:41:28 am »

My little voice tells me that there will be another depression when oil production peaks in 2010 or so, which in combination with the housing crash... could be a very interesting and potential devestating economic period of time.  Also, if global warming is real it will probably suck because of that too... with flooding and drought and nasty diseases.  I wager alot of our population problem will vanish; and alot of that population will be urban population (possibly even me.  Doh.)  I think we will use up so much oil fighting and fueling a consumer culture that we will not have enough to build the next power system (wind or solar) and will spend the next century or two recovering from that, trying to rebuild our skillset and desperately seeking other forms of power.

Ah, but hey, what can I do :)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2004, 03:42:23 am by Robin Canaday »

Jhogun

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2004, 12:21:14 pm »

When Clinton was in office and we had all those school shootings, my little voice suggested the possibility that the Clinton administration had been behind them in an effort to get the American people more willing to accept gun control.  (Remember in "1984" how the government of Oceania shot missiles at their own people?)

Notice how the shootings have dropped off since Bush got in office.
Diligentia Vis Celeritas

nonluddite

• Caveat Emptor!
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2004, 03:37:29 pm »

My little voice tells me that there will be another depression when oil production peaks in 2010 or so, which in combination with the housing crash... could be a very interesting and potential devestating economic period of time.  Also, if global warming is real it will probably suck because of that too... with flooding and drought and nasty diseases.  I wager alot of our population problem will vanish; and alot of that population will be urban population (possibly even me.  Doh.)  I think we will use up so much oil fighting and fueling a consumer culture that we will not have enough to build the next power system (wind or solar) and will spend the next century or two recovering from that, trying to rebuild our skillset and desperately seeking other forms of power.

Ah, but hey, what can I do :)

My little voice says that while crude oil production may peak, the amount of gasoline and other products will continue to rise until a subsitute is competitive--it also says that even if global warming is true, we can't do anything about it anyway...

BTW, what type of culture DOESN'T consume?  A dead one?  :P
« Last Edit: July 05, 2004, 03:37:48 pm by nonluddite »
"I'm trying to free your mind, but I can only show you the door.  You're the one that has to walk through it."- Morpheous, The Matrix
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up