Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pandering  (Read 2503 times)

vmd1

• I'm a llama!
Pandering
« on: August 27, 2002, 12:00:21 pm »

Hi,

I've decided to post some posters around my school that pander to people who feel like they have been disenfranchised by the government.  Tell me what you think of them.

Poster 1:

Wanna smoke pot legally?
       www.freestateproject.com

Poster 2:

Want 0% income tax?
       www.freestateproject.com

Poster 3:

Want to end affirmitive action?
      www.freestateproject.com

Poster 4:

Want the government out of your life?
           www.freestateproject.com

My main worry is that these might not attract "pure" libertarians.  I guess if I put them all together on one sheet it might eliminate that problem.  There is also the problem that these suggest that some partial secession would be down the road for the FSP.

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
Re:Pandering
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2002, 03:14:42 pm »

One spelling correction: "affirmative action" with an "a"...I think these are good posters, though the one "smoking pot legally" sounds a little crass.  How about "Want to end the War on Drugs?"?
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

Elizabeth

• Former FSP Vice President
  • Someone has to ask the tough questions...
    • Free State Project
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2002, 03:28:16 pm »

We also have bunch of great flyers, although not as issue-oriented, in the Yahoo Group Files section:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/freestateproject/files/CollegeFlyers

Dex Sinister

• Where are we going & why are we in this handbasket
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2002, 11:49:18 pm »

I've decided to post some posters around my school that pander to people who feel like they have been disenfranchised by the government.  Tell me what you think of them.

I posted ~40 at the local college, using "Got Freedom?" with similar sub-titles. In total, I got 4 hits on the website. I'm not feeling that the effort-to-results ratio (from a sales perspective) is very effective here. We shall see.

Dex }:>=-
"[Thus,] there is no end to observations on the difference between the measures likely to be pursued by a minister backed by a standing army, and those of a court awed by the fear of an armed people.'"

--Aristotle.

Steve

• FSP Board Member
  • Administrator
  • La Vero vin liberigos
    • Elegant Solutions
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2002, 07:46:51 am »

Two comments:
  • Please use www.FreeStateProject.org
  • Your third point stands out like a sore thumb.  The other three points aim at ending oppression aimed directly against you (the reader), whereas the third point aims at ending assistance for somebody else (financed or supported by you the reader).  While, as you suggest, all these posters might attract some non-libertarians, that third poster is most likely to appeal emotionally to people motivated not be a love of freedom, but by resentment if not hatred toward those of other races.  As the FSP is growing quite rapidly, we do not need to resort to such negative methods, even if some of our members would like to.

Otherwise, good stuff!
Pages: [1]   Go Up