Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello...from a new member  (Read 4536 times)

sonic_red

• I am a leader
Hello...from a new member
« on: August 25, 2003, 09:17:16 pm »

I have just become a member of the FSP. I am 23 yr old female from Southern NJ. For years I thought of myself as a democrat, because that is the kind of family I was raised in. I only became aware of other parties and organizations when 4 years ago I met my current BF, who was a liberitarian. The ideals struck me and I began to take the front seat in the way current government and local laws affect my life.
Once I heard of the FSP from him, we dove heavily in conversation about the ideals and content of the FSP.
The final straw realizing exactly what tax laws are doing to society, in wasting millions of dollars (that I work for!) and squandering them in useless enforcements. And the minions of freedom-infringing laws.
There needs to be a change.

Neo-Jeffersonian

• Life Boy Scout and NRA Sharpshooter.
Re:Hello...from a new member
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2003, 11:21:17 pm »

WELCOME,

New person,

From the Great :D, the Wonderful ;), the Amazing :o

Mithrandir, Gandalf the White :)
"I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"--Patrick Henry, 1776

"It is the path of least resistance that makes rivers and men crooked." --Unknown.

arclight

• FSP Participant
  • Constitutionalist!
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2003, 03:33:28 am »

...realizing exactly what tax laws are doing to society, in wasting millions of dollars (that I work for!) and squandering them in useless enforcements. And the minions of freedom-infringing laws.
There needs to be a change.
I would call it stealing. Have you taken a look at the Fair Tax act of 2003? If not, www.fairtax.org
has what I would call the solution to our tax crisis. Everyone, if they support this, should be speeddialing their reps. and senators.  And welcome to the FSP! Happy posting!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2003, 03:35:00 am by arclight »
" The harder I work, the more luck I seem to have"   Thomas Jefferson

sonic_red

• I am a leader
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2003, 07:26:51 pm »

Thanks 'arclight'!! I think I will check it out!--

John-Wiltbank

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2003, 10:37:36 pm »

Yes, but if you stationed guards in grocery stores and demanded money every time anyone bought anything--isn't that stealing too?  That's what the FairTax law would be, in principle.  They won't literally station guards, but if a store decides to stop sending the cash, guess what happens?  In comes the National Guard, and that is the end of that insignificant rebellion.  I think we need to defund the evil empire completely, not change the payment system.    Just a thought,

John Wiltbank

Ceol Mhor

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a porcupine!
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2003, 02:16:44 pm »

Arclight, man, that "Fair" tax is horrible! Not only will it continue to rake in money by force, but it will also give the IRS jurisdiction over a sales tax (you don't think they're just going to abolish the agency, do you?) and get a whole pile more people used to receiving a monthly check from the Feds. *shudder*

As long as it is collected by force (which is basically the definition of 'tax'), a tax is theft, and can't possibly be called "fair," except by a sleazy politician.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything