Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: State Data page updates  (Read 16838 times)

freedomroad

Comparing the two FSP Spreadsheet, new article
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2003, 03:28:40 am »

Comparing the two FSP Spreadsheet

There are two Free State Project spreadsheets.  These spreadsheets compare all ten candidate states on dozens of factors and assign ratings to each state for every single factor.  At the bottom of the spreadsheets, a total score is given for each state.  Wyoming is well ahead of all of the other candidate states in both spreadsheets.

The first spreadsheet is the official FSP spreadsheet.  It was created by the FSP's founder and president, Dr Jason Sorens.  The second spreadsheet is not official.  Paul Bonneau, a FSP member and researcher decided that the FSP should have a spreadsheet with many more variables.  Being the independent and highly motivated libertarian he is, Paul actually created this spreadsheet and a state report about it.  Both spreadsheets are very useful but manage to come up with different results.  States like Montana do very poorly in both spreadsheets because they have so many problems.  Without a great deal of research, many of these problems might go unreported, but the spreadsheets help FSP members put the candidate states under the microscope.  Maine is the worst Eastern state while Montana is the worst Western state, according to the spreadsheets and the factors they rate.

READ MORE,
http://members.aol.com/wyomingsuccess/spreadsheets.html

Zxcv

Re:Comparing the two FSP Spreadsheet, new article
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2003, 01:59:03 pm »

Keith has been trying to get me to advertise my sheet some more. I haven't yet, so it looks like he's doing it for me.   :)

A couple of more comments. I was motivated to do this because an early version of the standard spreadsheet gave me Delaware as the best FSP candidate, for the weights I chose. Having lived in Delaware, I thought something was seriously wrong.  :P  I decided to harvest some of the data the other researchers were posting here and augment my copy of the standard sheet with it, having concluded that more information was needed.

After adding a fair amount, Delaware dropped toward the bottom for me. So I guess it really did need more information.

I think a few others were maintaining their own sheets with extra info, but I believe mine is the largest.

Jason has taken some information from my sheet and put it in his. I have also taken some of the newer stuff in his sheet and put it in mine. You might look at his sheet as a managable, concise sheet; mine as everything-but-the-kitchen-sink. By the way, with the updated info in the standard sheet, it, like my big one, shows Wyoming now on top for my weighing. Delaware has dropped off, although it is still higher in the standard sheet than on my big one.

I had tapered off on adding information, but Keith has prodded me to get back to work on it. I could use more information on blue laws, natural resources, and really any other thing that is quantifiable. I've recently added rows on rental housing affordability, assisted suicide laws, fusion voting, term limits and others. As before, this is available to anyone who asks for it - send an IM.

Hank

• "The Men That Don't Fit In"
Re:New reports: Montana and Vermont
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2003, 08:54:29 pm »

Could we choose both Montana and Vermont?
Now THAT would be a great two-state project!
There's A race of men that don't fit in,
A race that can't stay still;
So they break the hearts of kith and kin,
And they roam the world at will.
http://www.internal.org/view_poem.phtml?poemID=295

Robert H.

• Jeffersonian
    • Devolution USA
Re:New reports: Montana and Vermont
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2003, 05:04:07 pm »

Keith Carlsen and Robert Hawes have been making a good case for Wyoming.
http://www.geocities.com/freewyoming

Thanks, Joe.

Those interested should also see:

http://members.aol.com/wyomingliberty

And especially Wyoming Report 2 by Keith Carlsen.  Wyoming Report 2 is the best state report I've seen to date; very comprehensive and thorough.

Hank

• "The Men That Don't Fit In"
Re:4 new state reports
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2003, 07:36:06 pm »

Cheyenne sounds like a libertarian city which could handle more libertarians. Thousands of us. :)

Where else can we have that kind of growth and still have the core city be a small town?

Trying to teach old cities libertarian ways is a long-lost cause.
In Cheyenne we have a chance to make it right and stem the tide.
we not only have a chance to get in "on the ground floor" and guard Wyoming's infrastructure and politics from statist tendencies, but we could also block additional statist immigration by competing more heavily for what jobs are available.  Thus we have a two-pronged attack against statism there: blocking its natural development and denying it heavy reinforcement.
There's A race of men that don't fit in,
A race that can't stay still;
So they break the hearts of kith and kin,
And they roam the world at will.
http://www.internal.org/view_poem.phtml?poemID=295
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up