Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ferrets & Cats  (Read 4789 times)

FerretDad

• FSP Participant
  • We are the middle children of history
Ferrets & Cats
« on: August 17, 2003, 12:27:11 pm »

Any ferret lovers out there?  I'm the proud papa of 9, plus two cats.  
I've decided that one thing I will do once I have more time and money in my new, more free life in our fee state is become more involved in helping out cat rescues; such as the groups that work with feral cat populations to tranquilize them so they can spay and neuter them, vaccinate them, etc.
My wife and I at one time had wanted to start our own ferret shelter; but after dealing with a bad case of ECE after boarding our furries, and losing two adoptees to the disease, we decided it would be too much to risk possibly bringing a disease into our family again.  

This is a small, but still great thing about the FSP: less (or no) government interference in the type of pets people choose to have.  Another pet I've been intereseted in looking into is skunks. I've read a lot about them, but of course they are not allowed in  CT.  

If anyone wants to see pics of my ferts, here's my homepage full of them:

http://hometown.aol.com/onestarfal/index.html

Tony

• FSP Participant
  • Anywhere but Delaware
Re:Ferrets & Cats
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2003, 03:49:53 pm »

Gorgeous animals!  They look to be a handful.  I'm sure they provide you with plenty of entertainment. 8)  I've been interested in getting ferrets for some time, but have never gotten around to it.

We have two cats now.  We had 4 at the start of the year. :'(

I agree about the lesser pet regulations.  Here you're SUPPOSED to pay $17 or so per year to "register" your cats. It's even more expensive for un-neutered ones.  My cats don't leave my house so I don't worry about it.  If some statist puke wants to mess with me about it (s)he can urinate up a rope.

FerretDad

• FSP Participant
  • We are the middle children of history
Re:Ferrets & Cats
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2003, 04:34:27 am »

Heh heh!  Ferrets certainly are a handful; they live up to their names of "little theives" !   And they get into everything; the job of ferret-proofing the house is an on-going task.  But they are like perpetual two-year-olds... exhuasting but fun.  Like kittens, always playful.  But a lot of work too.

I can't believe you are supposed to register your cats!!!  PER YEAR??  I can understand the fee for the rabies vaccination  (even though mine are indoors-only too) but how ridiculous is a registration?  One more not-so-subtle tax...
Pages: [1]   Go Up