Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Covid-19/Masks  (Read 1189 times)

RP2016

Covid-19/Masks
« on: August 28, 2020, 03:39:48 pm »

I’m curious if people within the libertarian community think Covid-19 is a legit threat to their personal health, or just another excuse for government to take away rights. I personally wear a mask when I go into stores just to avoid the fight, but I don’t wear a mask anywhere else.

Luck

• FSP Participant
Re: Covid-19/Masks
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2020, 08:31:48 am »

Members seldom post on this forum. A lot of libertarians view the pandemic as a lot of hype to justify more tyranny and less freedom for the common people. Many think the virus is a serious health issue, but blown out of proportion. I personally don't see good evidence that the virus has really even been definitely identified. The PCR test does not seem to be at all determinative. As I understand it, it only finds certain amino acid sequences, which could belong to almost any organism. Do you read my FSP/libertarian news posts and other threads here, i.e. on health and Covid? I've posted links to a lot of articles dealing with Covid and libertarian views on it.

scm

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2020, 10:14:49 am »

I would rather starve to death than wear a muzzle.

Costello

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2020, 11:48:33 am »

I'm fairly healthy and 46.  When I catch the COVID I'll probably be fine, and if I'm not, I'm ready.  The reason that I wear a mask and avoid groups is to protect other people.  My parents are in their 70s.   A close friend is a cancer survivor.  One of my roommates cares for an immuno-compromised person.  I play along with masks and the whole thing to protect others, not myself. 

Do I agree that the threat of COVID has been overblown to keep people afraid? Yes.   Was I speaking out against the damage that Shelter-in-Fear would cause from the very beginning?  Yes.   Is the Extreme Poverty level around the world skyrocketing because Americans are Sheltering-in-Fear and not visiting anywhere?  Yes.   Do I still wear a mask to protect others?  Yes.

Luck

• FSP Participant
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2020, 04:27:01 pm »

But wearing a mask doesn't protect anyone, according to what I've read. Do I need to dig up the facts?

scm

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2020, 07:39:20 am »

But wearing a mask doesn't protect anyone, according to what I've read. Do I need to dig up the facts?

#likefactsmatter

;) ;)

scm

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2020, 08:47:22 am »

Major New Study: No Evidence Masks Work
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PAwc8nlE_Q&feature=emb_title

From a REAL freedom fighter

JonM

• First 1000
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2020, 04:39:54 pm »

https://www.contagionlive.com/view/hong-kong-masks-independently-significant-coronavirus-intervention

Funny that countries with higher rates of mask wearing have lower rates of Covid deaths.

Luck

• FSP Participant
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2020, 11:46:11 am »

Sweden has lower rate of mask wearing and lower Covid deaths.

ALSO:
CDC study finds overwhelming majority of people getting Coronavirus wore masks
https://www.sott.net/article/442808-CDC-study-finds-overwhelming-majority-of-people-getting-Coronavirus-wore-masks
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 11:55:59 am by Luck »

JonM

• First 1000
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2020, 11:17:41 pm »

I can confirm that 100% of the those who contracted the virus breathe air.  I did a study that said so by asking everyone if they breathed air, and it turns out, so far all of them do.

That they "often" wore masks does not mean they "always" wore masks.  If I wear a mask 99% of the time, but that 1% of the time I didn't I caught COVID-19, then my 99% of the time was useless because of the 1% of the time when I subjected myself to catching the disease.  If I wear it 100% of the time and catch it, that's a different story, but that isn't what the CDC found.

If you have a predetermined outcome you can find whatever you want in a study by looking for it and ignoring everything that disagrees with your predetermined outcome.

Sweden is now banning gatherings of more than 8 people, and just because someone SAYS that masks aren't good, doesn't mean they aren't.  They have a higher death rate from COVID-19 than other Nordic countries that do says masks are good.  #20 on https://ncov2019.live/ for deaths per million, lagging behind the US which is at #8.

Luck

• FSP Participant
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2020, 08:59:06 am »

Just because most people believe anything the mainstream tells them, doesn't mean it's the truth. Anyone with an open mind can see that the mainstream lies and exaggerates the truth regularly for political and financial reasons etc. The article links I post weekly on this forum make that abundantly clear. The governments of the world are highly corrupt. Governments control science and health care, which are also thus highly corrupt. In the U.S. Covid restrictions are all executive orders, which are not laws. Executives, i.e. presidents, governors etc are apparently taking advantage of the Covid scare to obtain dictatorial powers. So Covid is just a cover for an extreme power grab. And the mainstream media are part of the cover. And the majority of the world's people are naive or fearful enough to stand by and let it happen. The people have been dumbed down by government-controlled education, as well as mainstream media.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 09:02:39 am by Luck »

JonM

• First 1000
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2020, 09:28:50 am »

Just because you don't like HOW the advice is given, doesn't make it bad advice.

In other states and commonwealths in this country you face a monetary fine for not wearing a mask.  That is not right, and will cause resistance.

In New Hampshire the state has not imposed a fine for not wearing a mask, and from #6 in the order:

6. A person who declines to wear a mask or cloth face covering because of a medical or developmental
issue, or difficulty breathing, shall not be required to produce documentation, or other evidence,
verifying the condition.

The Executive Orders haven't exactly been onerous here.

Towns and cities are allowed to go further, but those tend to be ordinances enacted by elected representatives, so by your logic you should be happy with, for Nashua's Aldermen said you must provide a doctor's note if you don't want to wear a mask.  Concord will fine you $15 on the 2nd offense, voted by their elected officials, so you're good with that by your logic again right?

If a store doesn't want to serve a person NOT wearing a mask, then they should have the right to refuse service to that person, right?  If you grouse that Nashua's alderman voted to impose a $1,000 fine to a store owner to served someone not wearing a mask, then that is something to complain about, but by your logic that the city's elected leaders voted for it, you're happy with, right?

Look at where COVID-19 outbreaks are coming from.  Are they coming from places and events where everyone is masked up, or unmasked?

Being anti-mask because someone you don't like told you to, and then repeated by people you don't trust doesn't make it bad advice.  If you wear the mask improperly, it may not be as effective.  If you wear it properly, we have over 100 years of mask wearing against airborne disease to study, and every study says it's better than not wearing one.

Luck

• FSP Participant
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2020, 10:33:00 pm »

Blah, blah.

scm

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2020, 07:04:59 am »

Check out this episode of Ron (father of) Paul LIBERTY (in our lifetime) report and  daniel (freedom fighter) mcadams talk about the FACTS

I LOVE how Daniel talks about bringing his children out on the weekends to protest mask mandates in their communities, because they UNDERSTAND the science.

Or the part when Ron talks about some lady ("the mask police") flips out on him for making his own decision.

These guys are a true inspiration for anyone who wants to see "liberty in our lifetime".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYsgJTNaEwE
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 07:13:15 am by scm »

scm

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2020, 09:25:26 pm »

In these past couple of weeks, two important studies have been published that could dramatically increase our understanding of the Covid-19 disease. Adding to the science of how we understand and treat this disease is something that should be welcomed, because properly understood it can save lives.

The only problem is that because the results from these two studies challenge what the media has established as conventional wisdom about the disease, the reports are at best being ignored and at worst being openly distorted by the mainstream media.

This is in my view a dangerous and foolish subjugation of science to politics and it may well end up causing many more unnecessary deaths.

First is the Danish mask study, which was completed several months ago but was only recently published in a peer-reviewed journal. The study took two groups and gave the first group masks to wear with instruction on how they should be used. The other group was the mask-free control group.

The study found that coronavirus spread within the statistical margin of error in each group. In other words, wearing the mask did little if anything to control the spread of the virus.

As the wearing of masks is still being mandated across the country and the globe, this study should be reported as an important piece of counter-evidence. At the very least it might be expected to invite a rush of similar studies to refute or confirm the results.

However, while mostly ignored by the media, when it was covered the spin on the study was so strange that the conclusion presented was opposite to the findings. For example, the Los Angeles Times published an article with the headline, “Face mask trial didn’t stop coronavirus spread, but it shows why more mask-wearing is needed.”

Similarly, a massive new study conducted in Wuhan, China, and published in the respected scientific journal Nature, reports that asymptomatic persons who have tested positive for Covid-19 do not pass on the infection to others. Considering that mask mandates and lockdowns are all based on the theory that asymptomatic “positive cases” can still pass on the sickness, this is potentially an important piece of information to help plan a more effective response to the virus.

At the least, again, it should stimulate additional, far-reaching studies to either confirm or deny the Wuhan study.

We do know, based on information from widely-accepted sources as the CDC and World Health Organization, that lockdowns can have a very serious negative effect on society. On July 14th, CDC Director Robert Redfield told a seminar that lockdowns are causing more deaths than Covid.

So if there is a way to continue fighting Covid and protecting those most at risk while drastically reducing deaths related to lockdowns, isn’t this worth some consideration? Isn’t this worth at least some further research?

Well, not  according to the mainstream media. They have established their narrative and they are not about to budge. The two studies are fatally flawed, they report. Of course that might be the case, but isn’t that an argument to attempt to replicate the studies to prove it?

That would be the scientific approach. Sadly, “trust the science” has come to mean “trust the narrative I support.” That is a very dangerous way of thinking and can prove to be deadly.

Copyright © 2020 by RonPaul Institute. Permission to reprint in whole or in part is gladly granted, provided full credit and a live link are given.

http://ronpaulinstitute.org/archives/featured-articles/2020/november/23/on-coronavirus-we-must-not-allow-politics-to-dictate-science
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up