Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Exploring, Scouting, and Sampling  (Read 3583 times)

smurfblood

Exploring, Scouting, and Sampling
« on: March 02, 2020, 07:15:45 pm »

I'm from TN, and have never been in the state of NH. Yet, my wife and I hate the heat, and the culture behind my tax-funded profession is becoming increasingly"woke."

So we're spending five days of our children's Spring Break vacation (in a few weeks) in the southern half of NH, based at a hotel in Concord, exploring and sampling, to see if we get the positive feels that will lead us to further consider a move.

Currently, we're lower-middle-class, so lower housing cost are a large concern - paired with a desire for low crime and good schools. Also, we have a distaste for traffic and long commutes. Thus a scenic and friendly small town seems perfect for us.

After research, it looks like we're visiting: Laconia, Tilton, Pembroke, Hillsborough, Goffstown, Peterborough, Jaffrey, Milford, Merrimack, Nashua, Dover, Newmarket, and Exeter. Also, Littleton looks nice, but a little out of our way.

Anything we can cut? Anything we're missing? Any (reasonably priced) neighborhoods that we should definitely hit?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 09:34:46 pm by smurfblood »

KDus

• Made it halfway from CA.
Re: Exploring, Scouting, and Sampling
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2020, 03:29:58 pm »

Don't rule out the "big" cities. I found it very easy to get around the entire state and cities feel small.
I took the time to walk through grocery stores and try local food and attempts at ethnic food. It is different....
Pages: [1]   Go Up