Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Relocating to NH from OK  (Read 328 times)

AJ O.

Relocating to NH from OK
« on: November 08, 2018, 02:27:57 pm »

Well, I made the commitment to move to the Free State when the time came, and now things have been shaken up in my life that I need to make a serious change and I think the best thing to do is honor my pledge and make the move to New Hampshire (if nowhere else). No one in my family thinks I can achieve my dream(s) but I intend to prove them wrong.

Ideally, I would like to move by the end of the year, or sometime in December as my current lease (in Tulsa, OK) is set to expire by then. I'm a 34 year old male, ex-Navy, trying to get through a rather negative point in my life. I fully intend to find new employment once I relocate as well, so you can expect me to act and behave responsibly.

My preference would be to rent a room, or even share an apartment, either temporarily or long-term while I acclimate to the locality I would move to. I'd be willing to negotiate the rent and utilities, but a monthly agreement would be great, especially if it includes cable internet. I tend to keep to myself but it would be nice to have a friendly cohabitant to get along with and such as I've mostly lived alone since getting out of the Navy in 2005.

My hobbies include computer gaming, political blogging, writing fiction, and watching online simulcasts. I will continue reviewing posts for roommates and such here on the FSP forum but I figured I could cast a wider net if I also created my own ad, too. Feel free to reply to this post if you or someone you know is looking for a roommate, or send me an email via parlezlibrement@gmail.com with the subject line containing the same subject as this post. Thank you for your consideration.

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
Re: Relocating to NH from OK
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2018, 07:43:13 am »

I'll put a link to your post on the FSP Housing group on Facebook. Hopefully someone will follow up with you. It will be easiest to find a roommate if you can get to know some people, though. That may require an advance visit.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

CurtHowland

• FSP Participant
  • Mover #902. If not for the deer, maybe #901!
    • Anarchy != Chaos
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 08:00:22 am »

AJ, good morning.

When I moved from NC I did so with only a bit more contact than you've already had. I was able to haul a trailer, move my stuff into a storage unit, and found an room to rent on CraigsList the day I arrived.

The majority of message traffic is on Facebook, because Facebook provides the best event scheduling service. There are people on Gab, MeWe, Minds, PorcChat, Diaspora, but FB still has the most active groups. On the security side, FB only knows what you tell them.

Anyway, I say this because the FB FSP Welcome Wagon, Job Alerts, Housing Search, are quite active groups.

My suggestion would be not to wait until you move to start looking. You can change your cell phone number to 603 area code now, for example. Get your resume polished up.

Are you a machinist by any chance? SIG in Portsmouth is always looking for machinists, and your Navy experience would be helpful in that environment.

Looking forward to your move,

Curt-
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."

Tech blog fun: http://anarchic-order.blogspot.com/

AJ O.

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2018, 04:28:58 pm »

Thank you for the replies thus far. I will take what you suggested about the FB groups into consideration. I've heard of Gab (way before it got shut down) but I'll look into the others you listed. I have no experience as a machinist. My field was with navigation as an electronics technician. Mostly computers and I.T. support kinda stuff.

CurtHowland

• FSP Participant
  • Mover #902. If not for the deer, maybe #901!
    • Anarchy != Chaos
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2018, 05:14:52 pm »

How soon can you move?

http://www.singledigits.com/about/careers.html

If you get hired by SingleDigits, I get a spiff.  :)
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."

Tech blog fun: http://anarchic-order.blogspot.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything