Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Low Salience Races  (Read 778 times)

Retiree

Low Salience Races
« on: September 07, 2017, 05:15:45 am »

So obviously the New Hampshire house is the third largest legislative body in the English speaking world. As such the races are likely not too complex. However, if the state legislature is so informal, what about the traditionally low salience races like school board or county recorder, how do those types of things work in New Hampshire?

Granted part of my query is slothful as I could look much of this up, but I am curious how "free staters" have faired in these types of endeavors from a practical standpoint.

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
Re: Low Salience Races
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 05:03:03 pm »

I know a lot of people who've been elected to local offices: school board, budget committee, select board, etc. Frequently these positions are uncontested, and town leadership is grateful for anyone willing to help. The Free Stater who died recently, Robert Leustek, was on the select board and highly regarded in town: http://www.sentinelsource.com/news/local/winchester-man-killed-in-massachusetts-crash/article_b3ac1a52-df89-526e-8199-263532daaeed.html.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 05:04:53 pm by JasonPSorens »
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism
Pages: [1]   Go Up