Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving in a few months, which city to live near for work?  (Read 645 times)

autumn714

Moving in a few months, which city to live near for work?
« on: August 16, 2017, 11:03:36 am »

Hello All.  First, let me say I'm so glad I found the Free Sate Project!!  I watched the video on 101 reasons to move to NH and everything in that video, we felt, spoke to me and my fiancĂ© directly....

We currently live near the Washington D.C. area and quite frankly are sick of the hustle and bustle and just outright disregard people have for other people in this area.  We are both accountants and we need to gross $125k per year between the both of us.  My fiancĂ© is a controller and is higher up on the work food chain than I am.  I am a staff accountant.  We have been researching areas and it looks like Manchester, Concord and Plymouth are where the major jobs are.  We just don't know which area to focus our attention on which will help determine where we will focus on finding a new home.  We would like at least 10 acres of land but would prefer more like 20 acres.  We don't mind a commute of up to 1hr but of course would prefer a shorter one.  We are coming up for a visit next week and have an appointment with a realtor who is going to show us around a bit, but I think it would be helpful if I got the opinion of my fellow Free Staters.  :D Any info given is much appreciated!  Thank you!!

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
Re: Moving in a few months, which city to live near for work?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 01:31:59 pm »

Manchester, Nashua, and Portsmouth, do you mean? There's a Plymouth too, but it's considerably smaller. :) Have you talked to www.porcupinerealestate.com (Mark Warden)? For that kind of acreage, my guess is you'll want to be west of Manchester or north of Concord.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything