Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best NH town for gay male?  (Read 1235 times)

Snowranger19

Best NH town for gay male?
« on: August 15, 2017, 05:03:21 am »

So I am 32 gay male.  I am an RN.

I have been looking around at the different prospects.  The work for RN in Concord seems really great - but honestly Portsmouth is the most attractive to me city/life wise.  Any advice?  I should point out that being close to Montreal, QC is also appealing - though I worry about living in Lebanon/Hanover as a gay male.  I am not very active in the 'gay scene' but I still don't want to be the token gay guy.

I would be looking at  a Spring 2018 move.

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
Re: Best NH town for gay male?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2017, 06:32:45 am »

What would be the problem with Lebanon/Hanover? Just the small population base? I do hear from single people quite often that they find this area boring.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

Snowranger19

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2017, 08:35:00 am »

The small population and its remoteness from the major cities.  It seems like more a family place from what I've been able to find about it.   It seems like id be going to Manchester or Burlington or Montreal for anything ?

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2017, 10:11:14 am »

You may well be right. It is good for families, but again, I do frequently hear single people complain about the sleepiness of life in the Upper Valley.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

JonM

• First 1000
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2017, 11:49:50 am »

You might wish to consider Manchester.  It has the advantage of the largest population in the state, along with the highways that can get you most anywhere else you wish go go rather quickly.  I don't know if you're at all religious, but it was New Hampshire Episcopal church that elected the first openly gay bishop back in 2003.

blackie

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2017, 10:07:15 am »

Portsmouth isn't far from Portland Maine. 45 miles on 95. 45 miles the other way is Boston.

http://www.creativeportland.com/blog/yep-were-gay-study-finds-portland-maine-third-gayest-city
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 10:10:10 am by blackie »
Pages: [1]   Go Up