Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Hampshire for Digital Nomad  (Read 317 times)

elkinjohn

New Hampshire for Digital Nomad
« on: April 28, 2017, 01:49:18 am »

I am interested in the Digital Nomad lifestyle. Currently resident of California. Seems most digital nomads, "reside" in  Texas, Florida, Nevada, Alaska, South Dakota, Washington and Wyoming. Why not New Hampshire? How easy would it be to become a resident, register a vehicle, get a mail drop, etc?

Josh Ritchey

Re: New Hampshire for Digital Nomad
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2017, 05:44:38 am »

I second that motion. I'm looking to move in the next few years, but would love to establish residency before I find a chunk of land.

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
Re: New Hampshire for Digital Nomad
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 08:32:58 am »

Becoming a resident is pretty straightforward, but you need to have at minimum a piece of mail addressed to you at your NH residence. The legal requirement is that you consider NH your primary residence and the place to which you will return. Residence confers the right to get a driver's license and also means that you don't have to pay state income tax. "Domicile" is a different legal term relevant to voting, and currently it's basically a state of mind. If you're in NH on election day, you can declare yourself a domiciliary and vote.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism
Pages: [1]   Go Up