Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Attn wilderness homesteaders. Remote land in NW Maine Mtns. Off grid.  (Read 903 times)

Instinct2Bfree

Wife & I found heaven.We tented up there for years before we purchased... Remote mountain land near Jackman Maine area. If you enjoy wilderness,nature,peace & quiet, extremely low population,extremely low taxes, low gang presence (aka gov't),etc, this may be for you too. Great area to build a camp(we did) or set out to live here full time off grid (we're going to). $500-1200 per acre. 40-200 acre lots. Some of the lots available up there are very poorly advertised. I can name a few that are merely "signs" by owners that might see 5 passers-by per week. You won't find these hidden gems on any R.E. sights or M.L.S.              We would love to see like-mindeds find heaven up there with us. We are looking for HOMESTEADERS that love the mountains. ANARCHISTS are quite welcome ! We are NOT R.E. agents. We can at least help point you in the right directions. Looking for independent,self sufficient people. Not looking for intravenously-fed Bud Light drinkers that drive $20,000 snowmobiles or $80,000 pick up trucks.              Thanks,Jeff in NH
"No,I didn't come here to seize the power for myself. I came here to DESTROY it."            (part of Grant's speech from THE IRON WEB by Larken Rose)

Zeijandi

Re: Attn wilderness homesteaders. Remote land in NW Maine Mtns. Off grid.
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 05:20:50 am »

Bud Light? No.

Patron? Why, yes. :)

Instinct2Bfree

Re: Attn wilderness homesteaders. Remote land in NW Maine Mtns. Off grid.
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 08:34:06 pm »

"Patron" at the end of the day might do you good. Bud Light all day long won't make you much of a useful homesteader that's for sure.             
"No,I didn't come here to seize the power for myself. I came here to DESTROY it."            (part of Grant's speech from THE IRON WEB by Larken Rose)

Josh Ritchey

Well I've still got a few decades of working in front of me so I need to be a little farther south. Have you seen any land under $2K/acre farther toward civilization?  I'm all about getting up there, but need land at a price which allows me to get 20+ acres so I can ease from that city IT job into farming.

Thanks for spreading the words folks, I'll do a bit more research on the area to see if I can make it work.

Instinct2Bfree

The great beauty about way up north is that not too many folks want to be up there. To us it's the right place because it requires independence and hard work to live up there. Corporate america is 60+ miles away. We bought many acres for $750/acre. It is beautiful. Has better views than Pack Monadnock. You can sometimes go days without hearing any manmade noises. We have year round access to our cabin and pay the GANG $490/year.  The best opportunities for real freedom are OFF GRID and are cheap. Getting out of the "system" is also a beautiful thing. Life is too short to support this oppressive madness until you're 67.5 years old. Think about that too.  Also would like to note that there are not too many Mainers "LIVING" off grid up there. Many of them have camps but are more into RECREATION than anything: hunting,snowmobiling,drinking. Which is fine but this area would be more suited to the freedom loving homesteaders as far as planting roots goes. This is why we would love to see some FREE STATERS and FREE THINKERS up there with us !    Thanks, Instinct2Bfree

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage

I doubt you'll find many Free Staters interested in Maine. It's a lot less free than New Hampshire, and the whole idea of the Project is to free New Hampshire. :) That said, a lot of the features you praise in NW Maine are also found in northern New Hampshire.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

blackie

I doubt you'll find many Free Staters interested in Maine. It's a lot less free than New Hampshire, and the whole idea of the Project is to free New Hampshire. :) That said, a lot of the features you praise in NW Maine are also found in northern New Hampshire.
There are porcupines in Maine. And towns without zoning.

Freedom is an individual thing. As a cannabis user and entrepreneur, Maine is a lot more free for me. Any Maine resident 21+ can grow 6 flowering plants, have an unlimited amount of harvested product at home, and  2.5 oz while traveling. Almost any 21+ Maine resident can be a Medical Marijuana Caregiver and legally sell cannabis. There are almost 4000 mmj caregivers in Maine. Cannabis is one of the fastest growing industry in the US.  According to Arcview Market Research legal marijuana sales should more than double by 2020 and go from $7.4 billion in sales in 2016 to $20.6 billion in 2020. The legal cannabis market in Maine is projected to be $220 million in 2020.

Maine had constitutional carry before NH. Homeschool laws are slightly better in Maine.

Taxes in Maine are pretty bad. But that hasn't stopped quite a few former Free Staters from moving to Maine to take advantage of the marijuana laws, medical and recreational.

Wife & I found heaven.We tented up there for years before we purchased... Remote mountain land near Jackman Maine area. If you enjoy wilderness,nature,peace & quiet, extremely low population,extremely low taxes, low gang presence (aka gov't),etc, this may be for you too. Great area to build a camp(we did) or set out to live here full time off grid (we're going to). $500-1200 per acre. 40-200 acre lots. Some of the lots available up there are very poorly advertised. I can name a few that are merely "signs" by owners that might see 5 passers-by per week. You won't find these hidden gems on any R.E. sights or M.L.S.              We would love to see like-mindeds find heaven up there with us. We are looking for HOMESTEADERS that love the mountains. ANARCHISTS are quite welcome ! We are NOT R.E. agents. We can at least help point you in the right directions. Looking for independent,self sufficient people. Not looking for intravenously-fed Bud Light drinkers that drive $20,000 snowmobiles or $80,000 pick up trucks.              Thanks,Jeff in NH
I'm about two hours south of you.

Do you have any cleared land?
Any interest in putting up some greenhouses for cannabis this summer?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 06:31:33 pm by blackie »

Instinct2Bfree

Jason,
   With some luck and awakening maybe we wont have to worry about being in some fictional/statist property with "borders". We are all people of the land. Wouldn't want to keep freedom in a political jurisdiction such as NH now would we ? We need to keep LIBERTY & DISSENT alive regardless of where we are.    Thanks, Instinct2Bfree

Instinct2Bfree

Blackie,
   Smoke all you want, grow all you want, sell all you want. You are free. Some,however would like to believe otherwise.  I know where there's 45 acres for 49k off grid. I'll help you clear your fields in exchange for wood.  Thanks,Instinct2Bfree

Instinct2Bfree

2 Maine mountains M.L.S. listings for serious wilderness homesteaders. Off grid. Beautiful. 2500 Feet + above sea level. I am not a R.E. agent but could show anyone from FSP the area. We are looking for like-mindeds for neighbors. FSP, SHIRE members, anarchists. 56 acres for 70k. 72 for 99k.  MLS #s 1311074  &  1311072 
Pages: [1]   Go Up