Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thinking of moving  (Read 728 times)

JerseyDevil32

Thinking of moving
« on: January 16, 2017, 04:38:56 pm »

Hello, I am single young, and looking to make the move down the line tire Flordia in 2016 but due to roomate issues I had to move back to NJ. What towns are best for young males, I am planning this move out more working to make it happen within a year or two at the most. Which would allow me to go to trade school for plumbing or hvac have not decided on that.

But whats NH like for working in the trades? Is there one town or city better than the others to live in? I am looking at a few cities right now Manchester, Portsmouth, but would be willing to move somewhere smaller if cost of living is lower, but still relatively close to things. Right now I know I work at Walmart I make decent but not really where I want to be and taxes here are crazy.

So how did you guys plan out the move what steps did you take? I have read the moving guide a bit.

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
Re: Thinking of moving
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2017, 08:27:25 pm »

I find that skilled trades pay quite well in the smaller towns, where there's just less of a workforce. Here in the Upper Valley, plumbers, carpenters, and handymen of all sorts make very good money. But you have to get your work known, build a reputation.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

paperboy

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 05:08:26 pm »

All the builders in the Lakes Region are looking for help.
Starting your own business... that's another ball game altogether.

OverTaxed

• FSP Participant
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2017, 06:26:18 pm »

All building trades are hiring in the Conway area.  It's all I hear from business owners / managers.  If you show up on time and make an effort, you can do quite well here.

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2017, 10:56:13 am »

what do you mean by "best for young males"?
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2017, 10:56:44 am »

have you looked into the trade schools yet?
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything