Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Free State LGBT  (Read 779 times)

justatemp

Free State LGBT
« on: December 11, 2016, 03:04:23 am »

Hello!

I've done some research into the FSP for a while but haven't found much information on LGBT rights. Specifically transgender rights. My one concern is moving to NH and not having any protections from employment discrimination and healthcare access.

"On June 30, 2016, Governor Maggie Hassan issued an executive order to prohibit discrimination based on gender identity and gender expression in public employment, in access to state programs and state contracting.". There is no protection for private employment.

elkingrey

• Daily Anarchist
Re: Free State LGBT
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2016, 07:41:49 pm »

Nor should there be.

JbbF

Re: Free State LGBT
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 11:01:57 pm »

The New Hampshire politicians have already shown their bigotry and prejudice by unjustly criminalizing zoosexual sex (interspecies sex) earlier this year when they made a brand-new oppressive and unjust anti-zoosexual law, so it doesn't surprise me that they aren't entirely doing what they could to support LGBT. As far as I'm concerned, there's too much prejudice and bigotry in New Hampshire right now.

The NH politicians apparently think that oppressing and persecuting zoosexual people is a higher priority than other things. The new anti-zoosexual law is state-sponsored discrimination.

With regard to LGBT, as I said, NH is not as progressive as other states, though it was one of the first to legalize gay marriage. In a number of categories, New Hampshire is mediocre, and its "personal liberty" ranking has been progressively getting worse each year.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 11:10:00 pm by JbbF »
Pages: [1]   Go Up