Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moved to Laconia!  (Read 727 times)

matthewpaul

Moved to Laconia!
« on: September 26, 2016, 02:31:28 pm »

Hey everyone,

I just moved to an apartment in Laconia. Will be renting here solo. Previously lived in Rhode Island and happy to be out! Wondering if anyone is around the Lakes Region or White Mountains. Didn't see much outdoors activities on the FSP calendar. Are there any hiking groups around? I don't use Facebook.

Hope to meet up soon,
Matt

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
Re: Moved to Laconia!
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 06:49:39 pm »

There is a Facebook group for FSP hikers, but my method has always been to make friends and then just ask the ones who are outdoorsy if they want to go on specific hikes. Anyway, you'll definitely find people here who like to hit the trails. There's a very active Lakes Region Porcupines group.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

Ward Griffiths

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Canvas and Quicklime
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017, 08:13:48 pm »

Matt:

Just moved up myself (actually back in November, but I've been settling in and reacquainting myself with family, many of whom I'd never met).  I assume you've been in touch with Lakes Region Porcupines, I'll be attending my first get together at the New Hong Kong here in Belmont Jan 21.

Not the outdoorsy type myself and don't walk so good lately (lost a toe to frostbite last year during Jersey's one really cold spell) so hiking is pretty much off the table.

Ward

Hey everyone,

I just moved to an apartment in Laconia. Will be renting here solo. Previously lived in Rhode Island and happy to be out! Wondering if anyone is around the Lakes Region or White Mountains. Didn't see much outdoors activities on the FSP calendar. Are there any hiking groups around? I don't use Facebook.

Hope to meet up soon,
Matt
--
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd@comcast.net

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.  (Denis Diderot)

Levi

• RealtorĀ®. Photographer.
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2017, 10:36:39 pm »

Message me and I'll get you pugged into the people in Lakes Region.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything