Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: From The Netherlands to liberty  (Read 2439 times)

CHFWfree

From The Netherlands to liberty
« on: August 18, 2016, 02:12:06 pm »

Dear fellow porcupines,

After quite some time of deliberation I’ve got my heart set on moving to NH and embracing liberty. Because of the international move from The Netherlands, I would like to ask you for some guidance, as the sheer overwhelming amount of available information and options has got me wondering which approach to take.

Would it be wise for me to wait until the next porcfest and inquire about immigration, jobs, housing and the like there, or is it feasible to visit NH independently to do some networking? A concern would also be not to violate the terms of my (presumably) tourist visa during my visit, so as not to jeopardise my chances of getting a green-card.

I would appreciate it if you could provide me with some tips about which type of visa to pursue, job opportunities (if possible something for which I could use my LL.M. law degree), and anything else I may have overlooked.

Kind regards,

Christopher

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
Re: From The Netherlands to liberty
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 08:01:26 am »

One idea would be to seek out a job with an international company with offices both in the EU and somewhere near NH. You could angle for a transfer to the US office. Another course of action that has often worked well is to study in the US and get yourself recruited by a US company.

I would recommend visiting NH to network. You could visit any time, just email Chris Lopez at clopez@freestateproject.org to set up meetups. However, PorcFest is our biggest event, and you'll be able to meet lots of people there.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

CHFWfree

Re: From The Netherlands to liberty
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 01:53:01 pm »

Thanks! That may actually be a very good approach to get things done.

And I suppose attending Porcfest would be the best way to start networking. I could wait until the 2017 one, as I've still got 4.5 years left to move ;-).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything