Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Greetings from Louisiana  (Read 966 times)

cbord2016

Greetings from Louisiana
« on: July 12, 2016, 05:24:11 pm »

Well, after watching this forum and keeping up with libertarian topics for years my wife and I have decided to make the jump. I am currently in law school in Mass, but will move to NH very soon. We put in an offer today for a 2 acre spread north of Concord.  I am sure the seller will accept as the house was on the market for almost 9 months.   I dont know the exact date but the contract states 9/14/16 as the deadline if not before.

So my fellow freedom seekers I have some questions:

1) Since the home has a water well, do I need to test for something outside of the state/federal minimum requirements?
2) Wife applied for a vacancy at the VA in manchester, no chance on someone knowing a HR rep there?
3) What type of vegetables tend to grow easiest during the winter outside of a greenhouse?

Thank you for your time.

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
Re: Greetings from Louisiana
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 05:53:49 pm »

Congratulations on the impending move! I don't know the answers to your questions other than #3. You should know that nothing will grow in winter outside a greenhouse. :) It can rarely get as low as -15F in the Concord area. But there are farmers who grow greenhouse vegetables profitably during winter.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

trevorparscal

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2016, 01:02:06 am »

Congrats on your move! I'm also buying in the Concord area, closing at a similar time.

You may want to learn about radon water and air testing, it's something that was new to me coming from CA.

- Trevor

cbord2016

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2016, 06:09:37 am »

Well, my wife and I made the move about a week ago and now we are finishing up unpacking boxes and the like.  I do have a situation that needs discussion.

I live on the extreme outskirts of Concord by Bow.  To get to my house one must cross 98 feet into bow and back to Concord. City of Concord claims that because of this week do not get garbage pickup or snow plow as Bow/Concord doesn't have an intermunicipality agreement. If this is true then could law enforcement or email be denied coming to my house?

I thought my property taxes were used to pay for utilities and public services?

Thanks

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2016, 07:10:59 am »

Wow. That is definitely something worth raising a stink about. You pay property taxes to Concord, so they should have a duty to provide services to you, even if the only way to reach you is to pass through another town. I recommend contacting your city councilperson.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything