Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How To Run For Office  (Read 664 times)

FreePatriot

How To Run For Office
« on: July 10, 2016, 06:11:07 pm »

"America is too great for small dreams." -Ronald Reagan

At the Libertarian National Convention there are advisors who consult with attendees considering running for office.  I am a sophisticated person, but for most of my life I knew almost nothing about running for office.  While I do not know how valuable the advisors are at the LP Convention, I recently learned a great deal on the topic.  I want to make sure Libertarians know about how to learn about potentially running for office.

While running for office as a [third-party] Libertarian who spends time reading forums like this is different from running for President, I strongly recommend those interested in running to visit the National Consitution Center in Philadelphia before November 8, 2016.  From now until then there is an exhibition called "Headed to the White House."  It provides condensed history of what running for the Presidency entails. For many, I think it would be extremely educational. It only costs $15 for one day's admission.

This temporary exhibit takes about 20 minutes for most people (who usually breeze through) but 4 hours for people who will read every word, listen to every audio clip, examine every photograph, analyze every chart, scutinize every artifact, and play every computer game available.

The center has a museum regarding the constitution.  It is an enjoyable visit. 

In my opinion, this temporary exhibit will teach you how to run for President in the U.S. in four hours.  The content has considerable application to running for lower offices too.  It has information about third party candidates and a little bit about the Libertarian Party.

If you are a Libertarian who is even thinking about potentially running for office, I strongly advise you to go to the National Constitution Center in Philadelphia before November 8, 2016 to see the temporary exhibit "Headed to the White House." 

To the moderators: can this go into a category that gets more views than the Miscellaneous?

sean lawson

Re: How To Run For Office
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2016, 07:42:21 pm »

this is really interesting, many people have forgotten what being American citizen really means
Pages: [1]   Go Up