Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Entrepreneurs  (Read 1299 times)

Yassin

Entrepreneurs
« on: June 24, 2016, 10:00:48 pm »

How many entrepreneurial people are making the move and where are you setting up at? I'm a 22yo single male and have been considering opening up my own place.

KDus

• Made it halfway from CA.
Re: Entrepreneurs
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 10:32:12 pm »

I keep keep looking at Concord and Manch cuz they seem to be the only relevant cities. Business wise

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2016, 11:40:17 am »

Portsmouth has a good bit of opportunity as well in retail, accommodation, and the like. Lebanon area has a lot of high-tech manufacturing and health care.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

Kamekazi Seagull

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2016, 12:49:09 am »

What kind of business are you considering to open up?

Major Tom

• Option Trader and retired USAF Major
    • Capital Discussions LLC
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2017, 10:55:32 pm »

We are planning to move to NH later this year. I am a partner with a Florida LLC that is an internet based business and I trade options under a CTA in NYC so location doesn't matter as long as I have high-speed internet.

I'm an American and my wife is from Belgium and we live in Germany. It is going be a bit of paperwork to go through (immigration paperwork and re-importing our Congo African Grey parrot who is now on the most protected species list of CITES (https://www.cites.org/) before we can move. I'm guesstimating moving in Aug or Sep this year.

Our friends in Center Barnard recommended the Dover and Portsmouth areas. We need to be a reasonable distance to Boston to fly back to Europe three or four times per year as I have a son here in Germany and we'll visit family in Belgium and Paris  8)

I've never been to NH but we like what we've seen online. We'll likely plan a house hunting trip when my wife's green card paperwork is completed and see what's available then.

Tom Nunamaker

"The most important date that you can ever have, in any place, is your second date. Because they'll take you for the first date, but if they want you again, that's when you feel that you've accomplished something."
-Itzhak Perlman

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2017, 11:27:01 pm »

I believe Norwegian Air will soon be starting ultra-low-cost service to Europe out of Portsmouth's municipal airport. A quick Google search should reveal the latest on that.

Portsmouth and Dover themselves are relatively high-cost, high-tax, NIMBY towns (Portsmouth more so). If you want value for money but to be in or near the Seacoast region, I recommend going inland a bit, to Greenland, Milton, Deerfield, Barrington, etc. Mark Warden (www.porcupinerealestate.com) will have more local knowledge about that.

Looking forward to having you here!
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything