Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking to buy some land and move my family to New Hampshire  (Read 1085 times)

thought_module

Hi all.  Came across this site from my twitter feed.  My wife and I always had New Hampshire in the corner of our mind but didn't know who to ask!  Looking to move my wife, my in-laws, and our two boys to New Hampshire.  We wanted some place private, at least 10 acres, and not TOO far away out of the way.  Could you guys throw a couple of towns my way that a good place to look?   Maybe one that includes a good gun range :)

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
Re: Looking to buy some land and move my family to New Hampshire
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 11:02:43 am »

Any restrictions on location for work, etc.? Would you rather be closer to population centers where most Free Staters live? If you can live literally anywhere, the cheapest land is going to be in rural areas. You might want to look into towns such as Nelson, Lyndeborough, Grafton, Croydon, Sanbornton, Wakefield, Stewartstown, Clarksville, Bradford, or Deerfield - depending on how far or close you want to be to the action.

Here's a useful spreadsheet with lots of information on NH towns: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3904587/nhtowns15.xls
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

thought_module

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2016, 09:01:16 am »

Thanks for your help.  I work in technology.  If I could be within an hour commute to where my job is that would be preferable.

trevorparscal

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2016, 01:20:25 am »

How's the planning going? Have you considered getting a work-from-home tech job and then moving? I know they are somewhat less common, but it could make the transition much simpler and you could stop commuting entirely.

Good luck with your adventure, let us know if you have more questions.

- Trevor
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything